Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) (54382 Views)

Profile Of Professor Kayode Adebowale VC Of University Of Ibadan / Lilian Salami Seeks EFCC Collaboration To Fight Corruption, Yahoo Boys / Sex For Grades: Prof. Okwechime Emmanuel Of UNIBEN Defends Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by tpiar: 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
RichFoundation:
God help me

And me
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by tpiar: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Generalwoodz:
Congratulations ma..
I read about the salamis in Macmillian days

Anything on the hubby? I dont know if it's not meant for the public to be aware.
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Jasseyfrd:

PRO of Benin witches and wizards

Grow up!

5 Likes

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Mexyz(m): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
Gforce2015:
Another female witch enthroned....
Uniben is one of the dreaded school is Nigeria...
I was there some years ago , it was a den of cultists and they are proud about it.
who are the people that are proud about it?
Show me a school in the southern part of Nigeria that does not have cultism as a vice that they're battling.

2 Likes

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Jason555:
Reports reaching Dockaysworld have revealed that a woman, Professor Mrs. Salami has emerged as the new Vice Chancellor of the University of Benin, UNIBEN.

The announcement was made a few minutes ago after some meeting as it had been previously announced that a new VC would be appointed today.

Professor Salami takes over from Professor Faraday Orumwense who’s been VC for the past few years.

She becomes the second woman to become the university’s Vice chancellor since Professor Grace Alele Williams, who was Nigeria’s first female Vice chancellor, in 1985

See profile below

Prof. Lilian I. Salami, (Nee Emovon,) Ph.D. Professor of Home Economics/Nutritional Education is a Benin and hails from Edo State, Nigeria, West Africa. She was born in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria on the 8th of August, 1956. Her early schooling started in Jos but was truncated by the Nigerian Civil War. Her both primary and secondary education were then completed in Edo State. She obtained her West African School Certificate (O’ levels) from Baptist High School, Benin City. In 1975 she travelled to the United States of America to University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point Campus and had her summer schooling in the University of Minnesota, St. Paul. She later transferred to North Dakota State University, Fargo after she got married in 1977. There she obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in 1979 in Home Economics and Master’s degree in Nutrition in 1982. She returned back to Nigeria in 1983 and enrolled to serve in the National Youth Service Corps in Benin City. Upon completion of the national service, she made a brief start of her teaching career with the then University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo, Nigeria. Between 1985 and 1994 she lectured Nutrition at the University of Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. This was interjected when she gained admission into University of Nigeria, Nsukka for a doctoral degree in Human Nutrition in 1989 which she obtained in 1991. In 1994, she was appointed a Senior Lecturer with the University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria and acted as a Head of Department between 1996 and 1998 and rose to the rank of Professor in 2005. In her desire to be well-grounded in teaching, she gained and obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in Education in 2001 from the University of Benin. In 2004, Prof. Salami proceeded to the Vaal University of Technology, Vanderbijlpark, South Africa as a post-doctoral fellow which she obtained in 2005. She has held numerous positions at the prestigious University of Benin, Director of General Studies, Part-time programme and Chairman of the Board of University of Benin Integrated Enterprise. She has also served as a member in many other committees. She is the immediate past Dean of the Faculty of Education and was a member of the apex body of the University, the Governing Council. Prof. Salami has taught numerous undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Home Economics and Nutrition. She has successfully supervised over 40 masters and 15 PhD students.  She is a fellow of Nutrition Society of Nigeria and International Federation of Home Economics/Home Professional Association of Nigeria. As an administrator, she has held numerous administrative positions in the University of Benin and currently the Director General/Chief Executive of the National Institute for Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA, Ondo). She has to her credit over 75 peer reviewed articles in national and international Journals. Outside academic, she is a member of the Advisory council to his royal majesty, the Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Ukukpolokpolo, Ogidigan, Oba Ewuare II.

SOURCE : https://www.dockaysworld.com.ng/breaking-woman-becomes-vc-of-uniben/

@Ops, you have done well in telling us her profile, what you failed to tell us and I'm asking now is that woman no get any piking/child with all these achievements?
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by webngnews: 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Oh
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Mexyz(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
Congratulations Ma, please do well to restore UNIBEN's glory..
Orunwense was a bad news to that School.

2 Likes

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Saintmary(f): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
Congratulations to the new VC.

1 Like

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Temptee101:
shocked

Impressive!

Her time to drink from the jar of the national treasury

cus na wetin dey hungry you be dat

2 Likes

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by contigiency(m): 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
On paper, she is duly qualified.
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by OOLUSEG(m): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
@Ops, you have done well in telling us her profile, what you failed to tell us and I'm asking now is that woman no get any piking/child with all these achievements?

Deep in African mentality. I pray you get liberated from this shackle one day.

4 Likes

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Ferdinand40: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Congrats to Mrs Salami... Benin Amaka
[/s]
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by oostin: 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Don't you think "University of Benin gets female Vice-Chancellor" is a better caption? The headline "Woman becomes VC of University of Benin" makes it sound as though it's an abominable thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by MichaelUweh(m): 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
She must work to sanitizing the university in all ramifications, making sure that no flies is seen alive within the university community. Congrats to you Ma.
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by bizhop01: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Female students will not like this
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by AHCB: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
Congrats madam.
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Erastuslove: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
that is lovely
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Adesola30: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
This woman is a devil, i was opportuned to serve at NIEPA (she was the D.G).She siphoned all corpers allowance no corper was paid(including doctors and nurses). She turned everyones back against eachother,Most level 15 officers were demoted while level 12 were made HOD..A very useless woman..NIEPA would never forget you for your bad deeds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Osasnidas(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2019
edoairways:

Instead of asking for reduction in fees why not ask for the following
1. Quality education
2. Improvement in the school facilities.
3. Making sure that Uniben become one choice of university in Nigeria
4. Reduce the inherent cases of bribe, sex for grade and cultism

You missed the part where i said "uniben changes for the better" it sums up everything you listed and even more...

1 Like

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by yawehoverall: 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
The last two sentence summarized it all.

It takes strong connection. Others with great profile are there too.
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Edos and Yoruba names always...
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Yonce(f): 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
edoairways:

Instead of asking for reduction in fees why not ask for the following
1. Quality education
2. Improvement in the school facilities.
3. Making sure that Uniben become one choice of university in Nigeria
4. Reduce the inherent cases of bribe, sex for grade and cultism

After the hell the previous VC put us through we will gladly settle for:
1. Security
2. Light
3. Water
4. Trimmed grasses and hedges
We just want basic amenities embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by BravoDe: 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mexyz:
who are the people that are proud about it?
Show me a school in the southern part of Nigeria that does not have cultism as a vice that they're battling.
OAU
UI

I can testify for OAU, any day anywhere.
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by nlPoster: 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
oostin:
Don't you think "University of Benin gets female Vice-Chancellor" is a better caption? The headline "Woman becomes VC of University of Benin" makes it sound as though it's an abominable thing.

There were ethnicity based issues with the previous female vc I think, 10 years ago.

But it seems this lady is from Benin so perhaps she wont have those problems.

1 Like

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
Chizuru01:
Many African Women are not just good at leadership. Just watch out.

It's either they are over strict even in places they shouldn't or they over loot the money.
True.

2 Likes

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Osasnidas(m): 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Gforce2015:
Another female witch enthroned....
Uniben is one of the dreaded school is Nigeria...
I was there some years ago , it was a den of cultists and they are proud about it.

One of the dreaded schools in Nigeria! Clearly you are wrong, the school still has massive amount of aspirants yearly... Name one University in Nigeria (private or public) that doesn't have cultism or cultist...

A sane society gives as much opportunity to females and males, let a female handle uniben this time lets see how it plays.
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Osasnidas(m): 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yonce:

After the hell the previous VC put us through we will gladly settle for:
1. Security
2. Light
3. Water
4. Trimmed grasses and hedges
We just want basic amenities embarassed

I remember during osayuki's tenure my friends/classmates would pack their bags, chargers and lanterns to medical complex LT1 to charge phones, even then electricity was available to an appreciable extent we didn't even experience blackouts, water wasn't scarce that much, this days i just see students cluster around green park, i am like what is wrong with this school, SUG can't even do aluta in peace

1 Like

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by alaira(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]Many African Women are not just good at leadership. Just watch out.

It's either they are over strict even in places they shouldn't or they over loot the money.[/s] Haba Oga. You be God?

1 Like

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by mechanics(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
Congrats to her.
Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Yonce(f): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Osasnidas:

I remember during osayuki's tenure my friends/classmates would pack their bags, chargers and lanterns to medical complex LT1 to charge phones, even then electricity was available to an appreciable extent we didn't even experience blackouts, water wasn't scarce that much, this days i just see students cluster around green park, i am like what is wrong with this school, SUG can't even do aluta in peace

Under Oga Faraday, Uniben owed Nepa bills, owed Diesel fees, owed cleaners and porters.
There was darkness, no water, and the grasses were 5ft, snakes rained from trees on students' heads and some fell from the hostel ceilings.
People wrote professional exams in darkness and science students fled to UBTH to fetch water and read.

And SUG, well they were sellouts.
That man singlehandly fùcked 10,000 students with no remorse. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Makapounse(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
Head quarter of witch , She must be one before attaining that position. Anyway Congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) by Osasnidas(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yonce:

Under Oga Faraday, Uniben owed Nepa bills, owed Diesel fees, owed cleaners and porters.
There was darkness, no water, and the grasses were 5ft, snakes rained from trees on students' heads and some fell from the hostel ceilings.
People wrote professional exams in darkness and science students fled to UBTH to fetch water and read.

And SUG, well they were sellouts.
That man singlehandly fùcked 10,000 students with no remorse. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
he is the worst thing to ever happen to uniben

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts Down Chrisland School Indefinitely Over Sex Tape Of Minors / Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.