Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 (58513 Views)

Ikeja Bus Terminal That Was Commissioned Has Not Been Completed. See Why (PHOTO) / The Bus Terminal That Ambode Is Building At Agege (PHOTO) / The Bus Terminal That Ambode Is Building At Berger Bus Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by IGBOSON1: 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
FuckDaMods:

Is it in operation now?

Nope! Construction work stopped as soon as Buhari took over in 2015!

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Litmus: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
[img]https://1.bp..com/-_eI0PZOOzcs/XbI0v4IBF3I/AAAAAAAAhic/lkIaDVpZ8cQTaGcKVfx3DCx3M5cpDkWtQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/MMIA%2B10.jpg[/img]

So boxy, utilitarian and stern. If someone stated that this was a North Korea prison, you’d hold your heart in sympathy at the thought of grey boiler-suited inmates, lined up to collect their bowls of gruel.

Nigeria needs to commit fully to a project occasionally (I mean make an effort). We need at least two sexy, Giant-of-Africa, statement airports.
Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Tedpgrass: 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2019
What about the Lekki Airport??

And the 4th Mainland bridge to open up that corridor and help de-congest MMIA and surrounding roads??

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Beautyaddy: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
Tedpgrass:

What about the Lekki Airport??

And the 4th Mainland bridge to open up that corridor and help de-congest MMIA and surrounding roads??

Does it make sense for two international airports to be built in a small State as Lagos?

That money should be used to build a very good train line across Lagos State.
Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Beautyaddy: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
Litmus:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-_eI0PZOOzcs/XbI0v4IBF3I/AAAAAAAAhic/lkIaDVpZ8cQTaGcKVfx3DCx3M5cpDkWtQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/MMIA%2B10.jpg[/img]

So boxy, utilitarian and stern. If someone stated that this was a North Korea prison, you’d hold your heart in sympathy at the thought of grey boiler-suited inmates, lined up to collect their bowls of gruel.

Nigeria needs to commit fully to a project occasionally (I mean make an effort). We need at least two sexy, Giant-of-Africa, statement airports.

It even looks smaller than the current MMIA. undecided

How does this small sized International airport befits a Country with a population size of almost 200 million

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by COMPAQ(m): 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
It's not bad but it's a pretty boring design. Would have been a bit nicer if they could have used the culture of the various locations of those airports and put a little bit of a twist on the design to make it a bit more appealing. It's kind of pity boring going around the country and seeing exactly the same thing.

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by COMPAQ(m): 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
Beautyaddy:

It even looks smaller than the current MMIA. undecided

How does this small sized International airport befits a Country with a population size of almost 200 million

I totally agree with you looks tiny. For the population of Lagos that airport should be at least five times bigger than that.

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by COMPAQ(m): 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
The only way to keep all the infrastructure that the current administration is doing such as airport rail lines etc in good condition is to concession them or privatize them. To be fair the Federal Government of Nigeria has no business trying to run Airport and trying to run train services across the country.
Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Tedpgrass: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Does it make sense for two international airports to be built in a small State as Lagos?

That money should be used to build a very good train line across Lagos State.

Think beyond geographical size.
Think of the economic benefit and proximity to the FTZ/ seaport and surrounding SW states.. Ogun, Ondo and Oyo.

It doesn't have to be a Federal government sponsored project. Lagos can do it on its own if its determined to be a city-state economy..

New Railway links will take years to implement if at all, primarily to get access to lands that involves demolishing houses or estates in the way.

The way forward is a smaller but International airport on that axis with 2-3 runways that can service a smaller domestic need.. There's enough land and concessions have been put in place already.. Expand the Lekki Epe expressway and make robust the waterways service whilst taking off the 4th Mainland bridge serviced by tolls...

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Callmeazmarshal(m): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
Kudos Nice Work Done
I can Stand with This

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by KingGBsky(m): 1:35am On Oct 26, 2019
Very local looking airport.
Nigeria airports are eye saw compared to what we have in developed countries...even in some Africa countries. Mtceeew. Nigeria always celebrating shit. Same thing with Abuja airport. Very local looking airports. Shit

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by therealMcCain: 5:56am On Oct 26, 2019
After commissioning this world class, state of the art, first of its kind terminal, the govt will proceed to fill it with Oppressive, Corrupt Extortionist and Bribe dependent Uniform/non-uniformed personnel!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by harrwix(m): 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Thanks Sir, do you have the latest images? Maybe you can share, we will appreciate if you can.

Thank you

I have been away for some time. If I get I will do to share. Thank you
Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by AutoReportNG: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
harrwix:

I have been away for some time. If I get I will do to share. Thank you

Pls do, we will appreciate it and we need to update our archives... Thanks Sir
Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Revolva(m): 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
well done since when them don de build this terminal de come ....since na now i de see am on line say na terminal dem wan build i tought it was like a hanger for plane parking they were building since fours ago it was approved
Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by JavaKonjo: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
Let us wait and see what it looks like by December 2020. And l hope these are not the kind of toilets they have, since the Chinese built it... grin shocked shocked grin

Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Midas01: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2019
Yes I know that but when he said it I started thinking the Lagos airport was closed due to repairs or something.
MiddleDimension:

he told a big lie to you. nobody flies to abuja first before going to lagos. infact, the reverse is the case
Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by hammed71(m): 8:55am On Oct 27, 2019
I thought it would be commissioned by december
Re: The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 by Ceegar01: 8:47pm On May 09, 2020
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... / You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba! / Photos From The Mass Burial Of Madonna Students Burnt To Death In Road Accident

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.