Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

I Need Help.. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help.. (847 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help.. by Vickiechuks(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
I was trying to run my codes on Chrome via vscode, I saved the html file(index. html) in a sub folder (html) and css file(style.css) in a sub folder (style.css) , and I save all in a folder (web). I linked the css to the html file but I tried running the code by the css part is not coming up, please what's the solution??
Re: I Need Help.. by donsheddy1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
Why all the many folders and subfolders? Well that's not the problem though, but we need to see your index.html folder to see where you linked the css file to know if you did it correctly.
Re: I Need Help.. by fnep2smooth(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
Vickiechuks:
I was trying to run my codes on Chrome via vscode, I saved the html file(index. html) in a sub folder (html) and css file(style.css) in a sub folder (style.css) , and I save all in a folder (web). I linked the css to the html file but I tried running the code by the css part is not coming up, please what's the solution??
show us how u link the css in your header section
Re: I Need Help.. by Vickiechuks(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
fnep2smooth:
show us how u link the css in your header section

<link rel="stylesheet "type="text/css " href=" style.css">
Re: I Need Help.. by nnamdiosu(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
Vickiechuks:

That's because you are linking to the CSS in a wrong way. Since the CSS file is in a different folder you must also specify that out in the href attribute.

To solve your problem, simply copy the CSS from the folder it is now, and paste it in the HTML folder. That would solve the issue.

Perhaps you need a good tutor to teach you? View the attachment below my message.

Re: I Need Help.. by fnep2smooth(m): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Vickiechuks:

<link rel="stylesheet "type="text/css " href=" style.css">

the code is ok but i will need to know where u drop the index.html (most time on the root folder) and i will also need to know if you created a sub folder for css files ? example: if u created a sub folder in the root folder and name it "css"

the code will look like this:

<link rel="stylesheet "type="text/css " href="css/style.css">

but if the style.css is in the root folder with the index.html then you use the same line of code you pasted like this:

<link rel="stylesheet "type="text/css " href="style.css">

any more help let me know
Re: I Need Help.. by stanliwise(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
Vickiechuks:
past the code html code here
Re: I Need Help.. by Vickiechuks(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
fnep2smooth:

the code is ok but i will need to know where u drop the index.html (most time on the root folder) and i will also need to know if you created a sub folder for css files ? example: if u created a sub folder in the root folder and name it "css"

the code will look like this:

<link rel="stylesheet "type="text/css " href="css/style.css">

but if the style.css is in the root folder with the index.html then you use the same line of code you pasted like this:

<link rel="stylesheet "type="text/css " href="style.css">

any more help let me know

Thanks, I created two sub folders (Html and CSS) under the Web folder, I saved the index.html file in the HTML FOLDER and style.css in the CSS FOLDER
Re: I Need Help.. by etoluw: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
Vickiechuks:

Thanks, I created two sub folders (Html and CSS) under the Web folder, I saved the index.html file in the HTML FOLDER and style.css in the CSS FOLDER

put the CSS FOLDER inside the HTML FOLDER and link to it
i.e <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/styles.css" />
Re: I Need Help.. by elninosft(m): 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
Vickiechuks:

Since you created 2 different sub folders for html and CSS. Just link it like this

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../css/style.css">
Re: I Need Help.. by fnep2smooth(m): 5:52am On Oct 26, 2019
Vickiechuks:

Thanks, I created two sub folde rs (Html and CSS) under the Web folder, I saved the index.html file in the HTML FOLDER and style.css in the CSS FOLDER
no need Putting the HTML into another folder just drop it at the web folder which is the root folder you created and link it with the code I posted earlier
Re: I Need Help.. by Vickiechuks(m): 8:35am On Oct 26, 2019
Oh my God! Thanks all... It worked! I'm very happy now... Thank you guys

(1) (Reply)

First Dance With Tailwind. / Pls Guys I Need Your Help / Java And Its Compiler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.