Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,757 members, 7,831,444 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out (63658 Views)

Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots / Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by steveDpro: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hmmm
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Gideoniteprime4: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osinachi1:
V
V FOR VIRGINIA

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by obiekunie2: 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
AND SOMEONE WAS BUSY TAKING PICS!
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by steveDpro: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:

V FOR VIRGINIA
really
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by ClitRaider: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
Wish same could happen when our presidential jet flys next with cow and Zombies loaded.
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by sonnie10: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ogaemmy:
Good thing he survived. What then happened to the window, did they fix it back?
No, the plane was later scraped at Owode Oni irin

3 Likes

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by bitingcool: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
9jayes:
That day was terrible, we had to landed halfway, I wasn't injured tho. How time flies

Lienus
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by OBTMOS(m): 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Who took the photograph please
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
Tradgedics
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by ajl: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
I was just imagining how that could happen after I saw the title. My mind wondered that one would expect the windshield to be bolted from inside because the air pressure is positive inside relative to the pressure outside. So I was shocked to read in the post that prior to the accident the windshield on the planes were bolted from outside. Really. That's pretty dumb from designers and engineers with no sense of imagination for what could possibly go wrong.

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by ClitRaider: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
Emu4life:
Many who wished death for Buhari are long dead, be careful what you wish for buhari(yourself)
haha, Oga park well jor.

Can't you read a simple line and comprehend?
You no go school?
I didn't mention any name o, I'm from Libya.
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by skyhighweb(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
op said he was socked out, picture said almost

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by drlateef: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
Gracealone:
Good post!
Nairaland needs more of this type than inconsequential and vain gossips.

BBNaija to my mind.
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Viicfuntop(f): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
9jayes:
That day was terrible, we had to landed halfway, I wasn't injured tho. How time flies

Really, liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Stin6x: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
Excellent!! Guess I got the drills half way. How did he survived it
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
9jayes:

Lol....
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by ipledge6: 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
That’s why not everybody can be a pilot...imagine landing a plane that was falling 80ft/secs...

I think physics is the greatest course. A vast knowledge in physics have saved many life
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Emu4life(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
ClitRaider:

haha, Oga park well jor.

Can't you read a simple line and comprehend?
You no go school?
I didn't mention any name o, I'm from Libya.
i don modify, you think say na only you geh sense cheesy
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by oloriLFC(f): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
Gracealone:
Good post!
no need to re-type. I had same thing on my mind. Very interesting post. I was glued
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by seanjy4konji: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
This one get many lives.
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Tropicalcentre: 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hi guys, �️

Watch cock and bull edition of Sport Alert with Ekemini Nelson. My reactions to stories making around Nigerian Sports and off course Tennis. Got u17 world cup news too.

Don't forget to Subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7-iasBE5Y
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by pypepyper(m): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
see lie abeg...,who snap am?
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by aorseer: 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
logon599:
Horrifying indeed. I can't imagine what was going through that pilot's mind as he hung out there, 17,000 feet above the ground and the plane's giant engine propellers just rolling a few meters away from his head
He was unconscious

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by dreality: 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sweetcollins:
For which movie abeg
It wasn't a movie o. Infact the incident featured on one of the episodes of Aircrash investigation on National Geography
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Burger01(m): 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2019
Gracealone:
Good post!
I concur. Not Tonto Dike and other useless gossips posts smiley
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by cedeki(m): 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
when God says is not your day to die even if the entire Earth gets blown away, you will still survive
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by planetx: 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
OBTMOS:
Who took the photograph please
Reenactment..meaning they acted how it happened
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
People should learn to read and search for meanings of words they don't understand.
How can you ask "who took the photographs"?, in a reconstructed scene, thinking it's the real scene.

Haba! Naija youths.

1 Like

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by MrJames007: 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
planetx:
Reenactment..meaning they acted how it happened
Correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by Originalsly: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hmmm....interesting. Had to be rereading to grab why the suction was working opposite to how I was thinking. I always womder ÷why does it get colder as we get hjgher.... getting to believe we are all really in a dome....with an ice ceiling.
Re: The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out by DameB(f): 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
The beauty of this story is that they found the underlying cause of the accident and fixed it by changing the way windshields on airplane are screwed on, so that this doesn't happen again...

It's always great to learn from a mistake

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government / The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.