Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

How Can I Edit An Existing Site? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Edit An Existing Site? (865 Views)

How Do I Create A Joomla Template And Edit An Existing One / How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? / Who Can Edit An Existing Web Site Withing Hours And Also Host It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Edit An Existing Site? by pazuzu(f): 7:39pm On May 21, 2007
i have a website up and running on the net and i want to edit it myself without wanting to pay the original developer of the site extra cash. how do i get to the back of my site and change things around. im not good at html and stuff like that.
Re: How Can I Edit An Existing Site? by niyyie(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2007
You shouldn't be thinking about editing the site if you know nothing about HTML. You really don't want to screw-up your website. Do you?

Contact the web designer. He/she might give you the web files. You can play around it on your PC but do not upload to the Internet if you have messed it up. Seek professional help. wink
Re: How Can I Edit An Existing Site? by my2cents(m): 3:57am On May 22, 2007
Thatz right pazuzu.

Chances are that over time, you will make tons of money off of your website. Why not give just 5 or 10% of that to the developer as a maintenance fee. Besides, with him or someone else knowledgeable in the area doing it, you can not go wrong wink
Re: How Can I Edit An Existing Site? by maadoepa(f): 4:08am On May 22, 2007
Pazuzu-

As you are a thief, trying to reap where u did not sow - I will teach you, all you have to do is get the server details from where you are hosting the website and simply log in to the server and download your pages - u can then edit it as you want - thats it - simply get the server log in details from who ever hosts the site.
Re: How Can I Edit An Existing Site? by pojutime(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2007
Did you guys sign a contract when you paid for his services. But i still believe you can request for a copy of the site on cd/usb drive and then play around with it as you please. Dreamweaver might be useful.
Re: How Can I Edit An Existing Site? by ogogoro: 6:23pm On May 22, 2007
Don't you have some sort of CMS on your site where you can manage the content without having to call the designer?
Even with CMS, there are still tasks you cannot carry out yourself - which is very annoying! I for one, have a problem with the forms on my site which I cannot fix and my designer/programmer guy is away, holidaying in Australia and New Zealand while I'm crying here!

(1) (Reply)

Aimtech Free Webdesign Class + 10 Free Websites / Dreamweaver 8.0 Upgrade To Dreamweaver Cs3, Fireworks Cs3 / Create Your First Button

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.