Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice (29977 Views)

D'banj And His Wife, Lineo Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary (photos) / D'banj And Tiwa Savage Pictured Together / D'banj And His Son Walking Past His Swimming Pool & Fan's Warning (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by HumphreyGspot(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2019
Jollof rice has since been compared all over africa.

Nigerian singer D'banj and Hollywood actor, Djimon Hounsou goes competitive as they argue over which jollof rice is the best.

D'banj insisted Nigeria jollof rice is the best rice amongst others in Africa.

But the born Benin Hollywood actor, Djimon Hounsou cantered his challenge, as he claims Senegalese has the best jollof rice.

Not Nigeria jollof
Not Ghana Jollof
Not Benin Jollof
But Senegalese jollof is the best, he said.

Watch the video here

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Er8dajBrV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Source: https://hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/10/dbanj-and-djimon-hounsou-argues-over-the-best-africa-jollof.html

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by HumphreyGspot(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2019
Watch The Full Argument HERE

1 Share

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Jestin: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
I disagree with both of them. I stand with student oil rice....saving life since 1960......FTC

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
If you ask me my mamas jollof rice is the best

Don't ask me how, I cant explain how but the taste is uniquely spiced and garnished with love.

I think it's not about the food but who prepares it and the special moments we share around that pot of jollof

grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by iWasNotHere(m): 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Djimon bad man.

7 Likes

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Four4Clien(m): 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
LMAO.......this is the type of arguement i want to have

promo! Get your professional website for 13k only, see red writing below[my siignature] to contact
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Dbanj how far na?

See my siggy, I run Adverts on social media for businesses
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by iCauseTrouble: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2019

2 Likes

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Mshad662(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is what you guys have to talk about with all the Issues Africa is facing as a Continent.

Tufia for we Celebrities

13 Likes

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by technuel: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
So what the Bleep should I do now
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Truthbites: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
NL is finally finished

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by greatmarshall(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
The guy doesn't know how good our jollof rice maybe he hasn't tasted it

3 Likes

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by gurunlocker: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
He is yet to attend Yoruba party or Owanbe.... grin

11 Likes

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by nairalee(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
All these arguments sef. How many jollofs have y'all tasted? The best jollof is actually Somalian Jollof. Travel and see

1 Like

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Interesting...
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Angelfrost(m): 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
This argument is stale and quite silly tbh...

Glad to see this great actor still connects with his African roots.

6 Likes

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by lovingyouhun: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Food lovers
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by HacheNoire: 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
When men are jobless

Dbanj should get busy like Akon

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by stiffy56(m): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2019
Na naija jollof rice sure pass.......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by sonnie10: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nigerians don’t care which is better in this bubu regime. Rice na rice, the problem is affordability.

1 Like

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Nick432: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
Okay.. Arguments Don finish

1 Like

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Justinlean02(m): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
Based on its name, the origins of jollof rice can be traced to the Senegambian region that was ruled by the Jolof empire. The name jollof derives from the name of the Wolof people, though in Senegal and Gambia the name is referred to in Wolof as ceebu jën or benachin. Now that we've gotten the origin story out of the way, the Nigerian jollof is the best in the entire universe.

8 Likes

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by TakeItOrLeaveIt: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
Lolz funny bunch of people

Let's repair your faulty laptop
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by lyriclekidd(m): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
Okay
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by elizabethg: 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
lol

This guy in blood diamond...

See latest songs - https://muguvideos.com/music
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by DUBES(m): 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
These ones that don’t have brain. Instead of them to think of their dying careers, they are arguing about jollof rice. Yeye people. What Africa should be using to make money and protruding Africa in a positive light, they are arguing about its origin.
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
Since jollof rice is the most pressing issue hindering the growth of Africa to the point it is now a major issue for online arguments amongst African countries then there should be an emergency AU meeting to discuss it where all African member countries can now argue over which countries jollof rice is better

Joblessness
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by dfrost: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2019
cheesy grin

Oga Oga... cheesy grin
Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by SOPWriter: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Jollof is believed to have originated in the Senegambia region of West Africa among the Wolof people, where it is known as benachin. The mouth-watering meal has travelled throughout the sub-region because of the frequent cultural exchange that goes on there.

Source: https://theculturetrip.com/africa/ghana/articles/a-brief-history-of-jollof-rice-a-west-african-favourite/

1 Like

Re: D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice by Owodiran1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
And this is news

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ijeoma Okafor And Julius Ekweozor Traditional Wedding Photos / Davido Pictured With Lyn Brown, The Benin Based Artist He Vowed To Sign (PHOTOS) / BBC Makes A Documentary Of Olajumoke Orisaguna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.