Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through (17465 Views)

If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. / Adeyeye Oluwaseyi Is UNILAG Overall Best, 4 Years After Writing Down His Goal / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Enyimbamercedes: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
Little wonder why you failed English.

Anyway to the subject matter; you spent 5 years trying to pass an exam that someone just swore an affidavit for.
That’s f**ked men.

Hopefully, you’ll pass UTME straight away, graduate at 27 years barring any prolonged strikes or extras. Then compulsory one year national service. You see where this is going? Your age will be a barrier especially with all these employers and their age limits.

I don’t know what course you intend to study in the university but I would advise you not to waste your time further.
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Emmaculate77(m): 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
I had similar challenge too, but trust me, those are my best years in life. I do not regret having a phase like that in my life. Though it was painful, it was worth it.

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Iykediallo: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
lyriclekidd:
Okay for wasting 5yrs of your life on waec. I smh for you. People wey done finish university sef dy regret why dem no learn anything by the side. You just pass waec , university never even sure for you cos you never pass jamb
guy cool down naa
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by eminencetoba: 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hello guys, should you know anyone who teaches the following subjects:
•Phonics
•French
•Technical Drawing
•Fine Arts
•ICT
• Music
• Yoruba
• PHE
•Arts, Commerce and Science subjects

Locations
•Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun

Renumeration:
Attractive payment.

Tell them to visit www.syllaboss.com.ng/teacher.php to submit their CV.
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by BlackCrainte: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
5 times shocked

God did not inscribe formal education in your destiny.

You are wasting time of you pursuing formal education. Forget all those Wole Soyinka story.

You definitely would have had a passion you failed to decode
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by urahara(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ishilove:
I celebrate you, young brother. Lord knows I am terrible at even basic Maths so I can understand to some extent your battle. It takes sheer guts not to have given up. I really celebrate you o.

I have a friend here (you know yourself cheesy) who I call from work to give me the answer to some basic calculations in the office. The first time I called him was for him to explain to me how to get the percentage of a figure, and since then it has become a regular occurrence.

I am not ashamed to admit that I giraffed to get a borderline C6 in mathematics in WASSCE. I first wrote GCE in SS2 and got F9 in Mathematics and Biology, but I wasn't really bothered because I was using it to practice. The following year, the only topics I studied in Maths was Mean, Median and Mode because it was easy. I didn't bother with other topics because everything was like Greek.

Exam day, i breezed through the only MMM question, dropped my pen and turned to my seat mate, Richard to see if he had gone far so I could copy from him. To my utmost chagrin, Richard was dubbing from me.

Toh.

I knew I was about to be fvcked anally with a ten foot pole, without lubes!

When my guy was done, we both sat twiddling our thumbs and occasionally glancing round the large, silent hall. It seemed like we were the only idle students. Everyone was writing. cry cry

The invigilator passed by and gave Richard and I side eyes. I quickly bent down and formed activity.

That's is how we stayed for the whole 2hours 15 minutes. At the final 15 minutes, we had started to panic. Richard managed to answer one more question but I was sure it was rubbish, but I still copied sha. I was close to tears at this point.

In desperation, he turned back and saw that his crush, one tall, foine sisi like that had not only finished her booklet, but was now using extra sheet.

Richard exclaimed "Ha, aye mi o!" embarassed

He proceeded to snatch her booklet off her table, unmindful of her gasped protests and the invigilator close by, dumped it in-between us and the next words he whispered to me are forever burned in my memory.

He said: "Ishi, if you know what is good for you, you better write as fast as you can."

And write fast I did.

At the end of 12 minutes which passed in a blur, I had dubbed the solutions to 6 questions. grin grin

We both got C6, thanks to the grace of God and bold dubbing.

This is my WAEC testimony. grin

I and Richie have long lost contact but I still bless God for him anytime I think back to that day, almost 2 decades ago.

This is the most hilarious stuff I have read on nairaland today grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Akano5(m): 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Thank God
He answer ur prayer at last

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Akano5(m): 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Keep It Up.
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by ADMAF(m): 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Naijaboy1122:
[i]ʜᴇʟʟᴏ

Thanks Op for even having the wisdom to know that this can inspire people to not give up.You have a rare mindset

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by King44(m): 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ishilove:
I celebrate you, young brother. Lord knows I am terrible at even basic Maths so I can understand to some extent your battle. It takes sheer guts not to have given up. I really celebrate you o.

I have a friend here (you know yourself cheesy) who I call from work to give me the answer to some basic calculations in the office. The first time I called him was for him to explain to me how to get the percentage of a figure, and since then it has become a regular occurrence.

I am not ashamed to admit that I giraffed to get a borderline C6 in mathematics in WASSCE. I first wrote GCE in SS2 and got F9 in Mathematics and Biology, but I wasn't really bothered because I was using it to practice. The following year, the only topics I studied in Maths was Mean, Median and Mode because it was easy. I didn't bother with other topics because everything was like Greek.

Exam day, i breezed through the only MMM question, dropped my pen and turned to my seat mate, Richard to see if he had gone far so I could copy from him. To my utmost chagrin, Richard was dubbing from me.

Toh.

When my guy was done, we both sat twiddling our thumbs and occasionally glancing round the large, silent hall. It seemed like we were the only idle students. Everyone was writing. cry cry

The invigilator passed by and gave Richard and I side eyes. I quickly bent down and formed activity.

That's is how we stayed for the whole 2hours 15 minutes. At the final 15 minutes, we had started to panic. Richard managed to answer one more question but I was sure it was rubbish, but I still copied sha. I was close to tears at this point.

In desperation, he turned back and saw that his crush, one tall, foine sisi like that had not only finished her booklet, but was now using extra sheet.

He proceeded to snatch her booklet off her table, unmindful of her gasped protests and the invigilator close by, dumped it in-between us and the next words he whispered to me are forever burned in my memory.

He said: "Ishi, if you know what is good for you, you better write as fast as you can."

And write fast I did.

At the end of 12 minutes which passed in a blur, I had dubbed the solutions to 6 questions. grin grin

I and Richie have long lost contact but I still bless God for him anytime I think back to that day, almost 2 decades ago.
my own case is almost like yours but the difference was that I had f9 in maths while B in English other subjects were fine.

There was a guy I knew then he was in commercial class while I was in art he was very good in maths but English slightly average, I was good in English but maths very poor he was lucky to have sited beside me during exam so he pleaded I should help him with his English questions which I did and I also seek his help in maths but unfortunately the day we did maths he asked me to relax so he could answer some questions right in my face he answered all and started looking for extra sheet and I was so scared of failing so I begged for an answer or two he told me to hold on he answered all the questions stood up and left, I was shocked and in despair, after our exams he come to me and apologized I accepted and at last ended up with f9, las las thanks to my brother who intervened mathematics would have wrecked my life.

it's been years we've seen but I will never forget what he did though I have forgiven him
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by alasca(m): 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congratulations! I salute ur courage
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by mechanics(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
It's well with you, you are not that old, just don't rush things, the plan of God for your life will surely come to pass, amen.
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Jarus(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congrats
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by airbrush: 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
Inyayiz:
So happy for you, but then again, you can't be so sure ALL of your mates graduated already, but then again, there's more to life than academics.

my brother you have your life ahead for you.my brother no listen to people who are quick to say look at your mate this and that.

buhari is the president of Nigeria how old is he self

congrats

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by webngnews: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
Oh are you aware many elders wrote this more than 6 times it’s not new it’s just a sign that success is only for those who are painstaking and dedicated
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by dazzlingd(m): 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
edoairways:

The devil did not delay him he was just passing a phase of life to make him stronger. As he gets into the university (all things been equal), he will apply that maturity in his studies.

Peoples Brians are upside down in this part of the world, can't think straight.

Everything has to do with devil and God.. What a people

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by SABA2002(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ishilove:

Toh.

And write fast I did.

I thought lala was only good with snakes cheesy, I never knew he/she was good in arithmetics grin

One love lala
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by dazzlingd(m): 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
jakandeola:
happy for u . I took weac 5 times too guy forget about ur mate who are above u. am in pain then. but most of my mate now cant look into my eyes cos have elevated. is not how far but how well.got good job and proparty.but dey were mocking me.when dey ask for money I just ignore dem

How do u know most of your Mates can't look into your eyes, black man and unnecessary bragging.. I tell u, many of your mates and people younger than you can write off your whole assets with a single cheque without blinking..keep shut and stay your lane

2 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by mgh2: 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ishilove:

Toh.

And write fast I did.

Lol. grin thank God I am not alone.

The truth be told, I don’t know maths even the basic ones just like you said.

But I am good when it comes to other subjects. I even had A and Bs in my WAEC in other subjects all by my self without malpractice because my school then was against it, but I got Credit in Math.

I am still wondering till now how I was able to pass math in my WAEC and NECO without any external aid.

Maths is like jargons to me and it never made or makes sense to me till now.

It was because of that I simply went to medical line .
Make I nor go spend eternity for university.

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by chineduemmao: 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ishilove:

Toh.

And write fast I did.

Chai... that last part of loosing contact really got me, I would say it's the phase of life

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by adesokan149: 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hmmm it so serious but you actually wasted your time yourself. Results are to be combined and that is your private waec was organised...
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by ufotty2001: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
They are more to life than academic. Advice u as u are schooling try and a skill
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by chineduemmao: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
mgh2:

Lol. grin thank God I am not alone.

The truth be told, I don’t know maths even the basic ones just like you said.

But I am good when it comes to other subjects. I even had A and Bs in my WAEC in other subjects all by my self without malpractice because my school then was against it, but I got Credit in Math.

I am still wondering till now how I was able to pass math in my WAEC and NECO without any external aid.

Maths is like jargons to me and it never made or makes sense to me till now.

It was because of that I simply went to medical line .
Make I nor go spend eternity for university.
Medical demands maths somehow
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by edoairways: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
frozen70g:

He did heard the voice, every one has the ability to hear that voice through the grace of God
Really! shocked.
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by mgh2: 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
chineduemmao:
Medical demands maths somehow

I am already done with it.
In my school nothing like maths
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by frozen70g(f): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
edoairways:

Really! shocked.

Yes, it's your guardian angel voice, it's his duty to watch over you
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by OneKinGuy(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congrats. Goodluck on Jamb Next year.
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by chineduemmao: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
mgh2:

I am already done with it.
In my school nothing like maths
In pharmacy school Chemistry calculation is very demanding.

I guess you're talking of medicine
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by mgh2: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
chineduemmao:
In pharmacy school Chemistry calculation is very demanding.

I guess you're talking of medicine
Yes it’s medicine
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by kashtanyi(m): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
I remember when I wrote mine...shame nor let me write again as I fail my English the following year...I just combine my both neco result do my clearance..am a graduate now, done with nysc ...currently working with my combined result... No stress...
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by chineduemmao: 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
mgh2:

Yes it’s medicine
I love pharmacy but at a point i feel like regretting why i chose pharmacy over medicine when the two admissions came simultaneously �

The Chemistry no be here ooo �
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Ishilove: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
chloride6:

Naptu2 come and see your people ooh

I'm laughing really hard here

I'm not ashamed, brotherly. You sometimes need to take crazy risks to get results. I've never been good in Maths and never will.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2014 TOP 10 Universities In Nigeria By NUC / ASUU Rejects FG Negotiation Team, Says Strike Continues / Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.