Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: (73902 Views)

How Do You Save Your Father's Number In Your Phone? / My Wife Betrayed & Left Me And Got Pregnant For Another Man While I Was In Jail / Igbo Lady Tells Her Father About Her Yoruba Boyfriend & Got This Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by degamemaster(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
ThreeEyedRaven:
This is so touching cry
... I think they should adopt eachother smiley

If they try it, incest thing may surely happen because they'll be too emotionally intimately connected
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by mechanics(m): 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
Wow.
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by degamemaster(m): 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
J111333:
Very touching.
To be fatherless is like walking without an umbrella and like to live in a house without a roof.
I feel for her, I've been there, still there and still feeling the loss of Colonel.

Take heart dear friend. You will emerge a stronger person.

1 Like

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by BuhariDcow: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
That's why Segun is not rich yet.
EkunKekere:
Sigh. From reading all the comments above, it is clear that there are a lot of dummies on this forum and the meaning of this touching story is completely lost on them.
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by kuuljay(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
She is lucky its not one cocky Nigerian that have been getting her messages,she for din send money for her father to take augment things in heaven tire
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by investorolumide: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
lollllll
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by OlawaleBammie: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
Advancedman:

Just accept each other as swap become his daughter and him your dad.
See u ?? e go shock u say dem go fuvk demselv taya.
Laslas na belle she go carry
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by TruthHurts100: 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
TheExecutioner:
"Hi sweetheart, I am not your father, but I have been getting all your messages for the past 4 years," replied Brad, a man who lost his daughter in 2014.

23-year-old Chastity Patterson of Newport, Arkansas, lost her father four years ago. She'd been keeping his memory alive through texting his number each night, updating him on the ins and outs of her day, hoping he was listening.

On Thursday, October 25, the day before the fourth anniversary of her father's death, she recounted her year.

"Hey Dad it's ME," Chastity said."Tomorrow is going to be a tough day again."

She talked about how she beat cancer and how she hadn't gotten sick since her father's passing."I promised you I would take better care of myself!"She recapped how she graduated college with honors, fell in love and got her heartbroken, but she made it through a stronger woman.

This year, she got a reply.

"Hi sweetheart, I am not your father, but I have been getting all your messages for the past 4 years,"the message read.

He introduced himself as Brad and told Chastity how he lost his daughter in a car wreck in 2014."Your messages have kept me alive."

"I'm sorry you lost someone so close to you, but I have listened to you over the years," Brad continued.

"You are an extraordinary woman and I wish my daughter would have become the woman you are."
Chastity posted the conversation to Facebook, her caption saying she can now let her father rest.

The post has over 100,000 shares and counting.

[img]https://images./19RaNK0N9EUqLOhuGR0mZR.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./4sQkArfBf3cXLInrqh9zz7.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./7bVZZfbmu01gehjZyf0M6o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./7J15J5lk4NfZ6A0zVv3ELx.jpg[/img]

https://www.thv11.com/mobile/article/life/heartwarming/she-texted-her-fathers-number-on-the-fourth-anniversary-of-his-death/91-41554786-0baa-4a3d-a281-fcecabeafad4

I saw 5G network on her phone.
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by OlawaleBammie: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2019
bukatyne:

I agree
What a coincidence.
They should just adopt themselves.
dem go give demselv belle
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by khiaa(f): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
Oluwatosean:
This is actually touching..
I love the sincerity of the whites..
What sincerity, you must be joking? Where in that write up did it say she or he was white?
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by shogsman(m): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
A nice coping mechanism,and a beautiful coincidence,who is that knucklehead that mentioned heaven in this context.
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by shogsman(m): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
TruthHurts100:

You had to quote everything again for this nonsense,do you know how much Data you just caused me
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by khiaa(f): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
iammo:

grin grin

why you go text your late dad if you no expect reply, after inheriting all his money and properties you are now japaing when his ghost wants to say hello

Correct me if I am wrong, but did the post say she inherited anything? She was still texting her dad because she was still mourning her father whom she obviously loved dearly. People handle grief differently.
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by dominique(f): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
meobizy:
This was on Reddit many years ago. Nairaland is stale.

Lies! The lady shared the screenshot of the messages 3 days ago on October 24th. It got shared over shared on multiple platforms and blogs picked up the story on Oct. 25th/26th. It couldn't have been on Reddit even as at last week.
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by khiaa(f): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
dominique:

Lies! The lady shared the screenshot of the messages 3 days ago on October 24th. It got shared over shared on multiple platforms and blogs picked up the story on Oct. 25th/26th. It couldn't have been on Reddit even as at last week.

I wouldn't argue the point but I have heard the story in the past, remember she supposedly has been doing this for years.
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by TheExecutioner: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2019
You got sharp eyes grin Telcos in America have already started rolling out 5G services since late last year.

TruthHurts100:

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by homirefacuny(m): 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
simonlee:
If na me receive reply from my dead papa number... before i even read the text,i don japa! cheesy cheesy

grin grin
Mad o
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by ogorwyne(f): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
meobizy:
This was on Reddit many years ago. Nairaland is stale.
grin
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by biggy26: 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
simonlee:
If na me receive reply from my dead papa number... before i even read the text,i don japa! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Legendguru: 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hmmm
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Emmynation(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
Wait a sec.

.......how come the man is receiving the messages
........did anyone spot that??
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by TruthHurts100: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
shogsman:

You had to quote everything again for this nonsense,do you know how much Data you just caused me

No vex
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Twins86: 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
This is definitely the beginning of a love story. Watch out for part two
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Ugosample(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
EkunKekere:
Sigh. From reading all the comments above, it is clear that there are a lot of dummies on this forum and the meaning of this touching story is completely lost on them.

you can't blame them

they were groomed in the mentality of a third world failed shithole destroyed zoo country

You can only feel sorry for them undecided

one punk even said oyibo be olodo

hahahahaha
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Ugosample(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
Blinkers:

Showing this news to Nigerians and expecting them to understand is like forcing a pig to stay away from mud. It can never happen.

Such a collection of brain-dead crètins all holed up in one space.

yep

you don't expect too much from.Nigger Africans
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Ugosample(m): 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
fabienjoe:

How does this make someone olodo? I'm only sorry for people that have never stepped out of this shit. Nigerians have lost every sense of humanity and believe life elsewhere is as soulless. Grief can make one clutch on anything, just anything for comfort. That is our human side. Those texts were a kind of coping mechanism for her. She was not expecting a reply from her dead father. I can completely relate to that. I lost my own dad in 2013, precisely 12th December. Till date, I've not been able to delete his number from my phone..

no mind am

When you grow up in cruel NiggerArea

you lose all manner of humanity

it takes a lot of detox to clear that up
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Joystark(f): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
Damn! cry
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by majorgr: 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
there is one thing that people don't understand that network providers do, if a number becomes inactive for so long, they sell it to another customer. it happens a lot here too in Nigeria. i've had series of numbers of my friends that were inactive and given to another customer and i've seen their previous profile picture changed to another person's own. Contacting them to confirm, it was always i'm not this person you're describing and so and so...
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Seunnzy(m): 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
is that not 5G I'm seeing there?
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by kenechukwu99: 10:55am On Oct 28, 2019
chi a...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Wives Who Are Stronger Than Their Husbands (Pics). / Husband Caught Having Sex With His Housemaid Few Hours After His Wife Gave Birth / Funny And Cute Wedding Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.