Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) (7648 Views)

Buhari's Look As Ezra Olubi, Co-Founder Of Paystack Receives National Award / LASG Calls For Cooperation As Construction Of 3 Major Roads Begins / BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by AutoReportNG: 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
The many questions on the lips of many are, will the 2nd Niger Bridge ever come to reality? Are we not been scammed as usual? When are we going to reap the benefit of this government? All these and more questions we come across daily which most times we have no answers for them.

The Second Niger Bridge Project is one project that the Eastern folks look up to with high expectations, many began having a mixed feeling when it was reported that youths in this area shut down the construction site and demanded 10billion naira as compensation from Julius Berger, the company handling the project, well, we have some news for you all.

AutoReportNG promised our readers up to date information about how work is faring at this site, we also promise to give live images, feed and camera view from the site. According to the latest images made available to AutReportNG, we noticed some latest developments and construction, for example, the following were reported at the site...

[img]https://1.bp..com/-m_vLBUwgM1c/XbSBSci_waI/AAAAAAAAhn0/YwqZSme6JWY-aQ73T-yd4F42l06eDrQjQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/2nd_Niger_Bridge_014_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

- Maintaining a temporary dam (against rising water table)
- Offshore pier construction (Axes 210 + 220)
- Installation of scour protection (Axis 250)
- Casting station for incremental launching (West Approach)
- Increased stiffness piers Axis 110 for Incremental launching (West Approach).

We can report that work is ongoing at the site daily as the engineers are working on making sure that they meet up with the target set by the federal government of Nigeria.

The Second Niger Bridge is a key national infrastructure, with immense socio-economic benefits for the contiguous states and indeed the entire nation. It is a project by the Federal Government of Nigeria, represented through the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing in collaboration with the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority.

Upon completion, the bridge will ease traffic flow, improve road safety, and create greater opportunities for local residents by advancing the commercial viability of the immediate area and regenerating economic life.

The scope of works includes the construction of 1.6 km long bridge, 10.3 km Highway, Owerri interchange and a toll station. The bridge is estimated to be completed in 42 months (3 and half years) and so far, 26 months seem gone.

These are live images from the site as obtained by AutoReportNG.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-qAJzVfKoUCc/XbSAwuc3rWI/AAAAAAAAhmw/c4peGC4GPJsR2GMMFb0MGGvMsK0Pju4PwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/2nd_Niger_Bridge_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-79SxaCPykf8/XbSAv6kda-I/AAAAAAAAhms/SQxRz3iDIvk3N8JoQpwo0BywprEwwnCDQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/2nd_Niger_Bridge_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-i8g-9m9cmQI/XbSA1Ed1VAI/AAAAAAAAhm8/1SFqXpWAduECtrC8W6t0shmJ0kYKyDKogCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/2nd_Niger_Bridge_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-sSXivrIJTKE/XbSBMxAtSwI/AAAAAAAAhng/3Tj5_uMosmgMN8qr17-ObU3AG6RQChOPACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/2nd_Niger_Bridge_010_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-wcNFrUimsOg/XbSBRwZh6_I/AAAAAAAAhns/l0x40hehZCkXUuQAX6Qi7onwDZjzRyc2QCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/2nd_Niger_Bridge_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

To see more of the photos of this site, please check on the source for more

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/10/2nd-niger-bridge-see-new-look-as.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by AutoReportNG: 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Gradually, we getting them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Donexy16(m): 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Slow project

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Donexy16(m): 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Gradually, we getting them

Where exactly? You posted a topic and rushed to comment first, you no dey Fear God?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Mutemenot(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Op, thanks for the update but I think you need to visit the site. The sand filling of the linking road on both sides (Asaba n Onitsha) has started long ago, the job is actually progressing ....

4 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by AutoReportNG: 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
Donexy16:

Where exactly?
You posted a topic and rushed to comment first, you no dey Fear God?

If this is all you can see, them you have an issue... If you don't have anything sensible to post, please don't derail the topic... Thank you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
Same pictures everyday, no change.
I tire oo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I tire oo

Nna eh, showing redundant equipment and the same picture we have seen 100 times on nairaland

AutoreportNg are you a scammer?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
Mutemenot:
Op, thanks for the update but I think you need to visit the site. The sand filling of the linking road on both sides (Asaba n Onitsha) has started long ago, the job is actually progressing ....

Hope is not normal head bridge- asaba road, you talking about?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by greatmarshall(m): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
Okay o
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I tire oo

The 2nd and 3rd pictures have been recycled so many times

8 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
Eartquake1:

Nna eh, showing redundant equipment and the same picture we have seen 100 times on nairaland

AutoreportNg are you a scammer

He is been paid to be doing this and he knows quite well he is lying.

9 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
Eartquake1:

More than 10 times here.
I wonder who he thinks , they are deceiving.

3 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by AutoReportNG: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

cheesycheesycheesy... LOL I have been expecting this... You guys are just pathetic, please change your mentality cos it won't help you, be receptive to new ideas, not everything must be money or paid.

Eartquake1:

Maybe you need to check again, before you criticize, take time to check and stop disgracing yourself on a public forum

Eartquake1:

You are always on my prayer list... cheesycheesycheesy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by celeiyke: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
Buhari loves Ndigbo. He will handover to David Umahi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by sweetonugbu: 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
This our bridge e no de finish

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by TooMuchStuff: 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
Audio works

3 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by richmind2019(m): 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
celeiyke:
Buhari loves Ndigbo. He will handover to David Umahi.
Hahaha when 2023 or 2027
U better wake up from sleep

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by OhBiafra: 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
What is new about this look? Same old pillars that we have been seeing since Jonathan's Government.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by tinsel: 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I tire oo
Visit the site. Work is progressing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by emmamajesty: 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
the pictures are not even current at all
it was like march picture, presently all the pillars inside water are almost completed and the flyover at atani road is almost completed
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Anambralstson: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

To be frank you have serious mental problem.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Anambralstson:

Just do and leave agu awka with your pay master so that ndi Anambra will have a breathe of fresh air and enjoy good governance once again.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Anambralstson: 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
AutoReportNG:

:to check again, before you criticize, take time to Dcheesy
Thanks

More from me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Anambralstson: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by helinues: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Kudos to APC led government

Dividends of democracy is now WAZOBIA

3 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by helinues: 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
AutoReportNG:

cheesycheesycheesy... LOL I have been expecting this... You guys are just pathetic, please change your mentality cos it won't help you, be receptive to new ideas, not everything must be money or paid.

Maybe you need to check again, before you criticize, take time to check and stop disgracing yourself on a public forum

You are always on my prayer list... cheesycheesycheesy

You get time oo.. People wey don swear to Amadioha not to see any good in Buhari's government

As expected they must purge cos it is good news.. Make dem sha no forget to use Flaggy sha

Meanwhile their states governors are not even delivering Profits of democracy not to talk of Dividends

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by helinues: 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
Anambralstson:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
Eartquake1:

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by gloriaunobi(f): 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
How much does toll-gate fee cost per vehicle?
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by monsterlobster: 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
This bridge no dey finish?

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: See The New Look As Construction Works Continue - (Oct Update) by Fentanyl: 11:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
autoreportng is just a low budget autojosh

trying too hard and failing

always posting nonsense and fake news

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

United States Wants Cameroon To Pull-out Military From Southern Territory / Lagos Panel Awards ₦13.5m Compensation To Three Victims Of Police Brutality / Abia North: I've No Competitor, I'm Almost Consensus Candidate — Sen. Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.