Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers (14083 Views)

Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja / Terrible Act Of Employers / FREE CV Template: Create A Professional CV In 15 Minutes Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by FengChui(m): 9:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
dayo2me:
I receive invites on weekly basis but I've not gotten a job. Maybe my CV meets up with the ATS of thing that's why I get invites.

Can you kindly send me a copy? I believe something is wrong with my CV as I hardly get called.
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by MichaelUweh(m): 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2019
I am not understanding this point no.3 oooh. More explanations needed Mr. writer?
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by CallofDuty(m): 9:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
MaziRidwan:
I wish God could send me a helper. NYSC camp is next week and I'm yet to get basic stuffs needed as I'm financially stranded. Things like this makes you depressed despite all your effort.
but u have money to buy data and post comments on nairaland?
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by Glistinin(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
This is not that important. The most force here is God and then your years of experience. For me, my pic is on my CV but, I still get invites continuously.
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by uzoma213(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2019
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by webngnews: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
Oh
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by Poanan: 11:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
rentAcock:
8. Lie
If you've been trying to get a job for so long without any luck. Now is the time to lie. Include experiences from made up firms. Or include well known companies but tell your friends to act like your former supervisor when HR calls.

This was the way I got my first Job, I lied that I had internships and jobs at Fortune 500 companies in the UK. I had a relative pose as my manager. The recruiter actually called this guy in the UK to confirm, my guy used his posh british accent to convince the recruiter and that was how I got that sweet job. Needless to say, I have never traveled to the UK before.

It worked for you bit don't advise others. Where I work, they don't call but send letters to the company and the company must reply if not you won't be confirmed . If you have to lie, lie with a small company.
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by bentwood85(m): 2:46am On Oct 29, 2019
rentAcock:
8. Lie
If you've been trying to get a job for so long without any luck. Now is the time to lie. Include experiences from made up firms. Or include well known companies but tell your friends to act like your former supervisor when HR calls.

This was the way I got my first Job, I lied that I had internships and jobs at Fortune 500 companies in the UK. I had a relative pose as my manager. The recruiter actually called this guy in the UK to confirm, my guy used his posh british accent to convince the recruiter and that was how I got that sweet job. Needless to say, I have never traveled to the UK before.

Weren't you asked for an evidence (like employment letter) to prove you once worked at fortune 500?.
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by rinzaugustine: 4:57am On Oct 29, 2019
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by athorello(m): 6:03am On Oct 29, 2019
rentAcock:
8. Lie

PACKAGE!
Who will invite you for a test or interview when what they're looking for isn't on your CV.

We have some undergraduate and fresh graduates interns with us and their eyes are opening everyday with the way people are moving jobs.
Two of my guys have run this fictitious company and job, one posing as the former manager. (I like foreign companies sha).
The other one is to EMBELLISH... Blow every little experience at of proportion. Who's going to verify if you actually worked in that company for 3 months or 3 years. Use one of your buddies there as contact.
Give instances (real or not) of how you've employed your skills and knowledge now matter how little you think you know. Unless you're not smart at all.
Preparing for TESTS and INTERVIEWS: Get ready to discuss one key experience and guide the discussion to top 2 or 3 skills you have and are necessary for the role. They just wanna hear what you can do.
The best way to prepare for test and interviews is to connect with an insider who also passed through the same process. Also network with other applicants and previous candidates (both successful and unsuccessful) for the role.
True life story (this happens frequently), company Bleep interviewed candidate, Smart, and he said everything HR and MD wanted to hear. MD even said in passing that he feel Smart was prep for the interview but he doesn't mind.
Another line that has worked for me, get to know current operations and new opportunities the company is aiming to capture. You only need to demonstrate good knowledge in those areas now matter your skill gap, you might be the closest match candidate.
NETWORK.
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 29, 2019
nuelyoyo:
I hope it's not GNLD invites
GNLD invited once, and I fell for it, the reason I fell for it was my role was attached to the mail they sent and I never got chance to Google the company because the name was not stated on the mail until I got there(venue) that I realized it was GNLD that invited me.

Let me count, out of over 20 invites I got within the last 5 months I started pushing , it was only one that was GNLD, others were my core field where the hr will be calling to know if will be available for the interview. Yesterday I intentionally absent myself in VI because I didn't have TFare from Ikotun to that place.
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by Tunagee(m): 11:54am On Oct 29, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
How will this get me a job in NNPC, NLNG, NIMASA or CBN? shocked

Hahahaha!

Even if u meet these standard in govt agencies, na 'who know who' candidates, wey their CV no even better pass your own in terms of spellings and all those jargons listed up, go get the job.
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by Emmydek(m): 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Source: https://patrickokunima.com/7-tips-to-beat-the-ats-and-get-your-cv-in-front-of-employers/
Please, can you suggest a book or PDF file to read on this? Thank you in anticipation.
Re: 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers by nuelyoyo(m): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
dayo2me:
GNLD invited once, and I fell for it, the reason I fell for it was my role was attached to the mail they sent and I never got chance to Google the company because the name was not stated on the mail until I got there(venue) that I realized it was GNLD that invited me.

Let me count, out of over 20 invites I got within the last 5 months I started pushing , it was only one that was GNLD, others were my core field where the hr will be calling to know if will be available for the interview. Yesterday I intentionally absent myself in VI because I didn't have TFare from Ikotun to that place.
Ok , goodluck in your endeavour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Identify A Fake CV / Should I Go For A Job Of 150k In Epe L.G.A / Which Will You Choose? - A 100k Per Month Job Or A Lucrative Physical Handwork?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.