Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD (38102 Views)

NIGERIA FIRSTS: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Phd Holder,bagging His Phd In Maths / Man Gets His PhD At 65 To Fulfill Promise He Made To His Daughter (Photos) / Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by godwon01(m): 9:09am On Oct 27, 2019
Ikpemalueziokwu:
Prisoner
What do U mean .

1 Like

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by notoriousbabe: 9:09am On Oct 27, 2019
This guy too resemble lalasticlala
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:10am On Oct 27, 2019
lilfreezy:
But seriously, I don't think they need a university degree, I think they shoud invest more on skill acquisition while they are doing their time. Once they are out, they could set up a workshop. I myself won't even employ an excon. Even in America that tag will render you jobless. Skill acquisition is the way to go.
Did you bother to read where he said he was acquitted while calling him an ex convict, they should not be permanently stigmatized for passing through correctional facilities unjustly.

1 Like

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by solecare: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2019
Good one, it's not easy. The sky is your limit.
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by LewsTherin: 9:12am On Oct 27, 2019
lilfreezy:
But seriously, I don't think they need a university degree, I think they shoud invest more on skill acquisition while they are doing their time. Once they are out, they could set up a workshop. I myself won't even employ an excon. Even in America that tag will render you jobless. Skill acquisition is the way to go.

Note: for those quoting me, we live in a discriminatry world. No one cares whether or not you've been Convicted, once the system has you,
you've been tagged for life. In job application forms or interviews, they don't ask if you've been Convicted, they ask IF YOU'VE BEEN EVER CHARGED WITH A CRIME. They don't wanna hear your explanations, all they wanna know is if you've been charged. You are not close to someone who has been through the system so you won't understand.

True.

But fortunately for this particular case, he was discharged and aquited and so it should not inpunge on his record.

Edit
I didn't see the "charged" part. Now, that sucks big time.

1 Like

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by DarkJeddi(m): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2019
iAudio:
Theophilus Adeniyi from Nkanu East. Okay ooo
It is NOT ADENIYI,it is ADENYI..

Read well..

1 Like

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Cousin9999: 9:19am On Oct 27, 2019
Akolawole:

On paper, he is NOT a criminal.

Why should he learn a trade when he posses an academic brain.

Trades also require an "academic brain" to build, repair, design, and etc.

4 Likes

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by juman(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2019
Open university was started by obasanjo.
One of the few things he did right.

4 Likes

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by remedick: 9:29am On Oct 27, 2019
One of OBJs legacy.

2 Likes

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by heartofcity12: 9:30am On Oct 27, 2019
Cousin9999:

Trades also require an "academic brain" to build, repair, design, and etc.

You just said my mind

1 Like

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Muyology: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2019
lilfreezy:

Note: for those quoting me, we live in a discriminatry world. No one cares whether or not you've been Convicted, once the system has you,
you've been tagged for life. In job application forms or interviews, they don't ask if you've been Convicted, they ask IF YOU'VE BEEN EVER CHARGED WITH A CRIME. They don't wanna hear your explanations, all they wanna know is if you've been charged. You are not close to someone who has been through the system so you won't understand.

I agreed with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Stillthebest: 9:36am On Oct 27, 2019
lilfreezy:

You are soundly correct. But you so know that formal education is quintessential! Of course, subjecting the inmates to what you observed is a great way to go. That will make them useful for themselves after the prison. Even, the educated ones are looking for ways to get those practical skills.

1 Like

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Zeeeeeeek(m): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2019
Jimasun:
He was eventually discharged and acquitted.... shocked shocked
This country is sick..
Imagine so many people languishing in jail over issues they know nothing about.
So what happens to the wasted time, is it not proossible to sue the NPS for keeping him in prison that long even when is his innocent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by engrkaz(m): 9:38am On Oct 27, 2019
Congrats but ur name go give ncan headache o
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by PStacks(m): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2019
Read well.

he was never convicted.

lilfreezy:

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by William5432: 10:13am On Oct 27, 2019
Well if you haven't download Gbeku by Zlatan ft Burna Boy, you're missing a lot, Download Now
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by ayandee: 10:18am On Oct 27, 2019
Akolawole:

On paper, he is NOT a criminal.

Why should he learn a trade when he posses an academic brain.
And I think with a PhD, he can get a lecturing job eventually
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by LZAA: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2019
Adeniyi from nkanu east
Are u sure the reporter is not Afamedgrin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback iammo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Ajibade123(m): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2019
Wow.. this is amazing a positive man will achieve anything

are you embarrassed by your failure??.. see failure stories of top successful people
https://explicitsuccess.com/failure-stories-of-successful-people/
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Truthbites: 10:36am On Oct 27, 2019
That's a country..not the useless shithole we live in..with lifeless brains and unproductive minds everywhere
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Alawode01(m): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2019
Destination can change but destiny never change.
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by anonimi: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2019
lilfreezy:

This holy Sunday, you are blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Advocate500: 10:44am On Oct 27, 2019
Petrainvestment:
Happy for him. When reading I thought is Yankee ooo but thank God na our 9ja prison Enugu state
same thought here.
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by DaddyNimo(m): 10:55am On Oct 27, 2019
lilfreezy:

you're dumb, he went to prison but he wasn't convicted which means his prison time isn't officially a conviction. so to the law he isn't an excon. semi illiterates like you are worst than full illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by BluntBoy(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2019
lilfreezy:

Sadly, many of those inmates are not doing time. There are more inmates awaiting trial (they have not been convicted) than criminals. Many of these guys may be innocent like the Mr Adenyi in the OP.

May God save us from suffering for crimes that we did not commit.
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 27, 2019
DarkJeddi:
It is NOT ADENIYI,it is ADENYI..

Read well..
ok. Pardon my speed.
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Lexusgs430: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2019
Now, where the work...... grin
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by Revolva(m): 11:35am On Oct 27, 2019
My friend that just been released for three years waiting trial of an accusation of pedophile case of a minor

Imagine a nation trial wey no suppose be three months
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by LadySarah: 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
iAudio:
Theophilus Adeniyi from Nkanu East. Okay ooo

abioo angry grin grin
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by soke02(m): 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
Thank God for ur life.
Re: Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD by lilfreezy: 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
DaddyNimo:

you're dumb, he went to prison but he wasn't convicted which means his prison time isn't officially a conviction. so to the law he isn't an excon. semi illiterates like you are worst than full illiterates.
hey, never insult people online. Learn how to communicate like an adult. Read my bolded statement again from the text you quoted. CHARGED is the key word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Delsu Graduating Student Is Being Poured..(pictures) / ASUU Rejects Proposed Hiking Of University Fees to about N500,000k / Queen's College Sexual Molestation Scandal : Accused Teacher Exonerated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.