Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently (34452 Views)

Obi’s Endorsement: You Can’t Speak For Us, Yoruba, Afenifere Tells Akeredolu / Zahra Buhari Shades Dino Melaye Over Festus Keyamo Argument On Channels TV / Zahra Buhari Indimi’s Post-Baby Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by olabs201(m): 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
Not all Fulani's can speak Hausa fluently.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by midnighter(f): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
TruthProphet:
Nothing to worry about. No award would be given you for speaking Hausa.

No Nigerian language is worth killing one’s self over, they have no international worth. Better to learn a language that is marketable e.g French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, you must know one of these along with the English you know in order to get an international job maybe in the U.N or something like that. Where you wan carry Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba go...?

Wow! What about UNICEF, doctors without borders, the red cross/crescent, oxfam?

What about radio broadcasting? What about ministry of health campaigns? And publishing?

English + a native language (and French if you can handle it) are more than enough
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Wizikal(m): 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congrats
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Legendguru: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Really
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by TOYNEX(f): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
bamoproperty:
A daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra, on Friday, stunned guests at a BBC Hausa event when she revealed that she is unable to speak fluently in Hausa, her father’s language.

The event was to unveil winners of a literary contest organised by the broadcast station.
Mr Buhari is a Hausa man from Daura, an important Hausa city in Katsina. Zahra’s mother, Aisha, is, however, a Fulani from Adamawa.

“I’ll make you laugh,” Zahra, who is married to businessman Ahmed Indimi said, when asked to make a comment at the ceremony officiated in Hausa.

She said she and her siblings rarely communicate in the language.

”Every day my father would correct my Hausa when I converse with him” she said in Hausa amidst laughter.

She said they usually communicate in “Engausa” a colloquial term for mixing of English and Hausa in a conversation.

She attributed her inability to speak good Hausa to attending schools with “children of white people.”

The president’s daughter later told interviewers off stage that they mostly speak in her mother’s native Fulfude language at home.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/359553-i-cant-speak-hausa-fluently-zahra-buhari.html

Another lazy youth spotted,
By the way this one she's on Black Black. Hope Mr President never travel outside the World ??

If you are a fashion designer, you need to see this �
https://www.nairaland.com/5484173/tips-tricks-fashion-designers
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Franking: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
U are Fulani na.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
FarahAideed:
She cannot also speak or write in English language well despite spending years in UK getting educated with taxpayers monies .The apple never falls far for it's tree
na hatred go kill these ipob people o
iammo also agreed to this. seriously these guys are so consumed with hatred and envy
abeggnow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Angelacruz: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
Wen will u be free??
EmptyCoconutHead:
na hatred go kill these ipob people o
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
Angelacruz:
Wen will u be free??
. hi happy Sunday..
seen ur message I'll call u this evening.
I'm still around church premises.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Angelacruz: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
Okk
EmptyCoconutHead:
. hi happy Sunday.. seen ur message I'll call u this evening. I'm still around church premises.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Lovelyn451(f): 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Not surprising. Only very few Hausa kids speak excellent hausa, except in Kano
theres no one hausa person, child or adult, home and abroad that dont speak fluent hausa...shes fulani from katsina so I dont even expect her to speak hausa at all as there are few hausas there so they speak their language more unlike the fulanis in kano
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by MoIbrahim: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
Well, may be fluent is not the exact word to describe it. But it is very common to hear things like "motar ya mutu" or "abubuwan da kake yi mini ba shi da kyau ko kadan". This is what I mean.

Lovelyn451:
theres no one hausa person, child or adult, home and abroad that dont speak fluent hausa...shes fulani from katsina so I dont even expect her to speak hausa at all as there are few hausas there so they speak their language more unlike the fulanis in kano
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by MoIbrahim: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Agreed!
Thanks.

MetaPhysical:

Every language written in latin script take after a model used as the standard bearer for indeigenity. Hausa has many dialects. The Kano dialect is the standard bearer. Hausas in Sokoto are very fluent in their dialect. Hausas in Kebbi are fluent. Same with Hausas in Katagum. The Hausa used officialy in politics, commerce and public administration is Kano dialect...
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by MoIbrahim: 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
The Kano Hausa is the classical one, inherently observes the rules of the language.

SmartyPants:

Why is this so?
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by MoIbrahim: 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hard to understand why some parents allow their children access the internet these days. It's a pity.

Donstarment:
Shattop, have you been to sokoto or Zamfara
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by alezzy13: 7:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
FarahAideed:
She cannot also speak or write in English language well despite spending years in UK getting educated with taxpayers monies .The apple never falls far for it's tree

Seriously, what do you do for a living?

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by alezzy13: 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
Btw I thought PMB was Fulani?
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by TruthProphet: 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
morikee:

Very wrong assertion.

Make your claim with examples.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by IamCharles123: 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Not surprising. Only very few Hausa kids speak excellent hausa, except in Kano
Big fat lie, in kebbi and sokoto, u go dey use touch light dey find people were sabi speak english. They only know how to Speak hausa
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by 9jii(m): 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
TheEffective:
shocked

Hausa is not worth learning in the 21st century. It has no benefits abroad.
Thank God your language is not worth mentioning in whatever context or at any point in world history.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by IvoryFever: 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Lol, if u like dont speak it..me sharp igbo girl will speak it and collect extra pepper and tomatoes from aboki in d market��

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
Angelacruz:
Okk
hello dear I can't find ur number in my contacts o. forgot that I changed my phone and ur number was embedded in my other phone that got stolen.

sorry kindly message me ur digits on Facebook
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by eminencetoba: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hello guys, should you know anyone who teaches the following subjects:
•Phonics
•French
•Technical Drawing
•Fine Arts
•ICT
• Music
• Yoruba
• PHE
•Arts, Commerce and Science subjects

Locations
•Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun

Renumeration:
Attractive payment.

Tell them to visit www.syllaboss.com.ng/teacher.php to submit their CV.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Henri8: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
Of course, both the lady and bubu are fulanis not hausas.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Truthbites: 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
Una all go confess soon ...this clone story get some truths
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by MoIbrahim: 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
Okay, Mr CHARLES

IamCharles123:

Big fat lie, in kebbi and sokoto, u go dey use touch light dey find people were sabi speak english. They only know how to Speak hausa
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by tiger28: 1:11am On Oct 28, 2019
opribo:
Where is her patriotism, but she can speak English fluently. Useless people disgracing themselves everywhere.
Father can't speak fulfode daughter can't hausa fluently. Like father like daughter. Hmmhmmm
OK, pls rewrite what you wrote in YOUR MOTHER TONGUE.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by SirBunky85(m): 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
iammo:
Yor salary, pension or severance package is your money and not taxpayers money.. even a Dunce knows that

don't mind that efulefu
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by SirBunky85(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
Yusman316:

The guy knows what the constitution says about the matter. His problem is pure hatred for Buhari. Just leave him alone or else he will drag this matter with u till eternity. As if Buhari made the ex heads of states pension law. Or Buhari is the only one receiving it. There was where I even heard Buhari only receives his military pension, and rejected the ex head of state pension thing. How true though, I don't know
A thread about Zahra not speaking Hausa fluently, he wants to change it into Buhari and pension and constitution
the guy has bn constituting nuisance on this forum for long
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by cardoctor(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
The price of rice in the market has changed because of this news.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Modernist: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
Look at the foolish thing this one is saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Burns UN Facilities In Borno, Attacks Workers / Soldier, 3 Others Feared Dead In Rivers / Vote Buying: Jonathan "Oshiomhole Suffering From Multiple Personality Syndrome"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.