Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (57939 Views)

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by ojonugway(m): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2021
It's a nice thing to still see people like you who still believe in the Nigerian dream.
Ultimately, I can't give up on nigeria entirely. But right now, nigeria doesn't have what it takes to make my dreams come through....
The prayer na to make am make we fit live comfortable life without fear of unknown

laiperi:
I hear you bro.

Every Nigerian wants security and peace of mind. Most Nigerians and foreigners enjoyed that even in the North especially Jos, once upon a time.

Any degree was a passport to peace and security especially if you are from the North.

Fast forward, you make a good point. But please admit that Southerners are going through hell, not only because of lack of security. They are going through the worst economic upheaval of our time.

How many Northerners would risk desert and sea to cross over to Europe through Libya?

As for the Op, any crumbs in Germany as a third class immigrant is paradise compared to Nigeria.

At some point, eye go open. Crumbs with indignity become a curse.

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by laiperi: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
Many of us agree with you.

Suffering is hard to take. The spirit might be willing but our body is dented. This is why we run from one place to another.

Even if you are comfortable abroad but you are picked up by lawful constituted Authorities and treated as if you are in the hands of bandits or terrorists, you will be glad you have a country like Nigeria to seek solace.

Anyone, even the privileged ones, run out of Nigeria only to return when you are treated like subhuman outside.

At least you can protest and fight at home. Abroad, who born dog?

ojonugway:
It's a nice thing to still see people like you who still believe in the Nigerian dream.
Ultimately, I can't give up on nigeria entirely. But right now, nigeria doesn't have what it takes to make my dreams come through....
The prayer na to make am make we fit live comfortable life without fear of unknown

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by ojonugway(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
Our views are different bro. I wish you the best in life. I can't come and be arguing back and forth

laiperi:

Suffering is hard to take. The spirit might be willing but our body is dented. This is why we run from one place to another.

Even if you are comfortable abroad but you are picked up by lawful constituted Authorities and treated as if you are in the hands of bandits or terrorists, you will be glad you have a country like Nigeria to seek solace.

Anyone, even the privileged ones, run out of Nigeria only to return when you are treated like subhuman outside.

4 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by FINBAR24: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
Good to know. preparation loading...
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Brightfab(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
seunny4lif:
Hmmm
That’s serious oooh
Just plan your move well
There are many EU countries, you can move into.
Poland is good depending on your plan

Bro can you expand more on what you mean by Poland is good,from what I've read there are few student jobs,the language too is very tough and getting a job too after school. If you can highlight a few things,i will appreciate.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
Brightfab:

Bro can you expand more on what you mean by Poland is good,from what I've read there are few student jobs,the language too is very tough and getting a job too after school. If you can highlight a few things,i will appreciate.
Depending on your course of study
IT guys guys get job anywhere

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Brightfab(m): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
seunny4lif:

Depending on your course of study
IT guys guys get job anywhere
Studying Industrial Chemistry but looking to further in Renewable Energy, how about that?
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
Brightfab:

Studying Industrial Chemistry but looking to further in Renewable Energy, how about that?
STEM are hot cake everywhere
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Brightfab(m): 8:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
seunny4lif:

STEM are hot cake everywhere
okay thanks.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Oloniyan(m): 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
Brightfab:

We're in the same boat but I'm looking to further in medicinal chemistry
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Brightfab(m): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
Oloniyan:

We're in the same boat but I'm looking to further in medicinal chemistry
That's nice, Greatest Chemist!! grin

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Oloniyan(m): 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
Brightfab:

That's nice, Greatest Chemist!! grin

Bro try and do GRE and aim above 300 then you can search illinois state university or southern illinois university and ball state university. they are generous with funding for chemistry

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Brightfab(m): 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
Oloniyan:

Bro try and do GRE and aim above 300 then you can search illinois state university or southern illinois university and ball state university. they are generous with funding for chemistry
Thanks bro for the advice,i actually got my eyes on Germany and Norway, first for the free tuition and secondly availability of renewable energy jobs in both countries. Notwithstanding i will still make research on the above universities you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Jacknn: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2021
Brightfab:

Thanks bro for the advice,i actually got my eyes on Germany and Norway, first for the free tuition and secondly availability of renewable energy jobs in both countries. Notwithstanding i will still make research on the above universities you mentioned.

Lol,see information when DAT guy give u so about you taking GRE and scoring above 300 since you're a chemist grad is "GOLD".. That should be ur main target now even and not this..search GRE on nairaland and see likeminds then you'll be motivated. U can actually get a full tuition waver,with stipends up to 700-800k every month when converted to naira for PHD positions and maybe 400-500k for MSC if given full funding.. They LOVE chemistry grads.

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Brightfab(m): 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jacknn:

Lol,see information when DAT guy give u so about you taking GRE and scoring above 300 since you're a chemist grad is "GOLD".. That should be ur main target now even and not this..search GRE on nairaland and see likeminds then you'll be motivated. U can actually get a full tuition waver,with stipends up to 700-800k every month when converted to naira for PHD positions and maybe 400-500k for MSC if given full funding.. They LOVE chemistry grads.
Wow! Thanks again
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dollywood:

The white girls wish to date the black guys but they are always scared of their other whites boys who will critize her and the starring she might get while holding hands with a black guy. Even their parents might go against dating Blacks because they don't want any interracial blood in their family because they see it as stains and the white girls who do that are often get discriminated.
Yo! Bro
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Dollywood(m): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2021
Cutestboy:

Yo! Bro
Lol, you found me.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by cooldragon: 11:02am On Aug 20, 2021
Please what's your email address,I need to discuss something with you and seek your advice privately.

Basalt:

I think You don't have any problem getting Msc admissions.
Though some companies will prefer employing younger and skillful employees.
I'm talking about professional jobs after studies and Msc in most German public universities takes about 3 years or even more to complete
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by cletz991(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2021
Can a medical biochemistry graduate take this GRE
Jacknn:

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by ahnie: 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2022
Geo4646:

G morning sir,
Ur very right, I agree with everything u said, but can I ask u a question? Do you think is easy for me to just come online and start asking something serious like this, I know we will live in a wicked world where no one is ready to help each other, I totally agree with you, but I trust myself when it comes to trust issues, I I'm completely feed up in life, not everything I can say on here. Maybe if u have a whatsapp no# contact
I saw your mention...pls can I help you
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Geo4646: 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
ahnie:

I saw your mention...pls can I help you

U saw my mentioned about what?
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by ahnie: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
Geo4646:

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by ahnie: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2022
Geo4646:

Maybe it's your spirit that sent it.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Geo4646: 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
ahnie:

Maybe it's your spirit that sent it.

U didn't specify! i mentioned u on a post u posted, not on the one u reply me with ok. However, it's nice to hear from u ; grin
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 07, 2022
Basalt:
One of the things you will notice when you arrive in Germany is that Chicken is so cheap. with only 2.5 Euros, you can buy full frozen chicken at Netto market (my favorite super makt)
2.5 Euro is almost nothing here because a day at work will give you tens of euros. Imagine when you work 4hrs a day even at the rate of 10 euros per hour, that is 40 Euros just within 4hrs in a single day, you see why person wey ever discourage anyone to come Germany for studies is not a good person?

Secondly, from experience, I noticed that Germans are really helpful when you are searching for direction but you really need Google map here, its very important and also sabi how to use Google map because everly you go miss road when you come here new. Google map is your friend here and almost everyone here even the indigenes use it.

For lectures, you have to know thyself and register the courses you can do. Don't register for 10 courses when you no too sabi book or when you spend many hours working otherwise you mess up your grade because courses here (especially science-related are really more complex than what you are used to in Nigeria).
Remember your total G.P target should not be less than 2.5 German grade coupled with your internship and at least B2 language skill to be more employable after your studies.
For me, despite the fact that I am academically above average, I still registered for only two courses and then paid for intensive German class and use the remaining free time for WORK WORK WORK.

I will talk about Sex in Deutschland tomorrow if I am free.
Gute nacht Alle
bro pls how much did it cost you to do the German visa and how did you go about the block account stuff
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by hurryup123(m): 7:54am On Jan 07, 2022
Amakaoyekachi1:
Hello Nairaland people, I am in a serious dilemma, I am a legally married woman who is based in Nigeria and married to a Nigerian student in Canada, I have been unable to reach him for several months now, no communication whatsoever, his family members are not doing anything regarding the situation on ground, I am really worried on what could be the situation of things over there, he will be done with school in less than 4months. Please what could be wrong? He has promised to call for me soon, so I am surprised I cant reach him for this long. I really want to see my husband. This situation at hand as made me depressed and I have been unable to function. What do I do? Please help!
maybe you're throwing much bill's on him.
and he has decided to keep mute .
I said maybe!
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by uthlaw: 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2022
ojonugway:

I almost forgot that I made this ambition public. Sha lemme update you on how far I've gone towards accomplishing my goal....
1. I lost 509k that was in my acc last year to cryptocurrency scammers.
2. A one night stand with a lady I didn't love turned into pregnant
3. I barely get by those days

Bro naija na dream killer sha but the good news is that next year is a long time from now. I'm doubling my hustle plus I have inheritance valued at 2.5m sha my family won't like the idea if I told them that I wanted to sale my property to travel abroad...

I'm not giving up bro. Tho alot of setbacks have befallen me over the past months. I'll touch down europe next year. If 2022 exceed 365days make you know say na because I never touch down europe. It's a sink or swim goal and I'll make it a reality. Thanks for recandling the dream
See you in Berlin ❣️❣️
I also have same dream but UK!
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by uthlaw: 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2022
laiperi:

bros,find solution to your al-majiri children before making noise... You northerners don't work but depend on government money,the ones among you that travel out for studies was help with government scholarship and they will come back home for free government job because you guys are too lazy for work...have stayed in Kaduna,minna,sokoto,kebbi and zamfara!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS / Gutter Is Now The Road While The Road Is Now The Gutter / Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car In Abuja, Gets Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.