Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,064 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

A Woman Can't Be A Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Woman Can't Be A Pastor (718 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Primate Belonwu Ezeanyaeche: Atiku Can't Be President Even If He Contests 20 Tim / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 27, 2019
Sometimes when I see women pastoring a church, I just keep wondering. When it comes to religion, Nigerians are so blind to what is the reality of Gods words. What does the bible says about women teaching in the church?
1Cor 14:34 says 'Let ur women keep silence in the church, for it is not permitted for them to speak but to be under obedience'.
Verse 35 says ' if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home for it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church'.
1Tim 2:11 Says ' Let ur women learn in silence with all subjection'.
Verse 12 says ' but suffer not a woman to teach nor usurp authority over the men but be in silence'.
No woman was a pastor among the early Christians nor was any having authority over a man in the church.
Study to show urself approved.
Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:09am On Oct 27, 2019
Shouldn't you be more concerned at the rate at which male preachers have rubbished the image of the church?

Beware........no one should withstand any woman who says she has the call, because so far, the male pastors have really caused damage.

Some women claim to have the call genuinely.....leave them to do their work, only Christ will judge when the day comes.

Atimes I do feel that women with a call should open an ''all female gender based churches'', but this would mean that husbands and wives would head to different worship centers on Sundays.

Although I have never worshipped with a female preacher before, I would prefer to worship under the tutorship of a woman, than a man.
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 27, 2019
"And it shall come to pass that I'll pour out my spirit upon all flesh, your sons and daughters shall prophesy...."
They that prophesy are what? Prophets!
And in the order of office, the office of the prophet is greater than that of the pastor's, so the "daugters" shall not only be pastor's but prophets, as chosen by the LORD.
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Bluezy13(m): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2019
oghenerobo91:
Sometimes when I see women pastoring a church, I just keep wondering. When it comes to religion, Nigerians are so blind to what is the reality of Gods words. What does the bible says about women teaching in the church?
1Cor 14:34 says 'Let ur women keep silence in the church, for it is not permitted for them to speak but to be under obedience'.
Verse 35 says ' if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home for it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church'.
Verse 12 says ' but suffer not a woman to teach nor usurp authority over the men but be in silence'.
No woman was a pastor among the early Christians nor was any having authority over a man in the church.
Happy sunday

People fell to realize that the book of the new testament such as Corinthians etc portrayed ordinances which were a function of the people's traditions...such as Jewish Traditions.

Jesus waited until he was 30 years of age before announcing his mission because tradition demands that a man must be up to 30 years old before he is given attention in public.
Now does it mean everybody must be unto 30 before doing what he did...??
No!
The major setback in Christianity is the inability to judiciously distinguish traditions and customs from general reality

By the way, it is non of my business.
I'm a freethinker.

NB: Quote me reasonably and realistically.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Bluezy13(m): 10:42am On Oct 27, 2019
Tosinex:
"And it shall come to pass that I'll pour out my spirit upon all flesh, your sons and daughters shall prophesy...."
And in the order of office, the office of the prophet is greater than that of the pastor's, so the "daugters" shall not only be pastor's but prophets, as chosen by the LORD.

The problem of distinguishing among prophesying, teaching and preaching is one of the problems of Christianity.

Some denomination has it that prophecy is foretelling the future and necessary steps required to accomplish or prevent it.
Some has it that Prophesying is synonymous to preaching and teaching.

Some has it that prophesying is overridden with preaching.

Then if Prophesying is the same as Preaching...then women are not supposed to preach according to
1Cor 14:34 and 1 Tim 2:11.

If prophesying is different from preaching, then women have the right to prophesy in churches since it is written that

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions" Joel 2:28

And some women in the bible were prophetesses. Hence the book of 1 Cor 14:34 and 1 Tim 2:11 is null and void or otherwise limited to the people of Corinth and the likes.

By the way, It is non of my business.
I'm a freethinker

NB: Quote me realistically and reasonably.
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2019
Bluezy13:

People fell to realize that the book of the new testament such as Corinthians etc portrayed ordinances which were a function of the people's traditions...such as Jewish Traditions.

Jesus waited until he was 30 years of age before announcing his mission because tradition demands that a man must be up to 30 years old before he is given attention in public.
Now does it mean everybody must be unto 30 before doing what he did...??
No!
The major setback in Christianity is the inability to judiciously distinguish traditions and customs from general reality

By the way, it is non of my business.
I'm a freethinker.

NB: Quote me reasonably and realistically.
What u have said is not far from the truth. However what do u say concerning the book of Timothy. Same customs and tradition? 1Tim 3 gives the qualification for pastors, elders and deacons. There's is nothing there about deaconess, pastor Mrs or a female elder. From the beginning, God has never mad a woman the head of a man
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by TVSA: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2019
Yeah, true. But some Christians will still try to rationalize this.
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by paxonel(m): 11:34am On Oct 27, 2019
oghenerobo91:
Happy sunday
all the while we have women pastors in churches today, what has happened?
Absolutely nothing.

So, my guy, go rest undecided

1 Like

Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2019
paxonel:
all the while we have women pastors in churches what has happened?
Absolutely nothing.

So, my guy, go rest undecided
Wow!!!
I don't even know what to say
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by paxonel(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2019
oghenerobo91:

Wow!!!
I don't even know what to say
you don't have anything to say.

The truth is, whatever happens in churches today God allows it so.
Anything that God does not allow, it will never stand long in the church

1 Like

Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Bluezy13(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2019
oghenerobo91:

What u have said is not far from the truth. However what do u say concerning the book of Timothy. Same customs and tradition? 1Tim 3 gives the qualification for pastors, elders and deacons. There's is nothing there about deaconess, pastor Mrs or a female elder. From the beginning, God has never mad a woman the head of a man

Joel 2:28
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions"

Emphasis: "...and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy"
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2019
paxonel:
you don't have anything to say.

The truth is, whatever happens in churches today God allows it so.
Anything that God does not allow, it will never stand long in the church
That's not true. The bible says there will be false prophets and teachers. It doesn't says God will stop them. Its up to us to study the bible. Remember, the bible commanded us not to add to the scriptures nor subtract from it
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Shouldn't you be more concerned at the rate at which male preachers have rubbished the image of the church?

Beware........no one should withstand any woman who says she has the call, because so far, the male pastors have really caused damage.

Some women claim to have the call genuinely.....leave them to do their work, only Christ will judge when the day comes.

Atimes I do feel that women with a call should open an ''all female gender based churches'', but this would mean that husbands and wives would head to different worship centers on Sundays.

Although I have never worshipped with a female preacher before, I would prefer to worship under the tutorship of a woman, than a man.
I see ur point on how most men have rubbished the position of a pastor. That is because they are just after material things. Remember how Simon the sorcerer was rebuked, so will most pastors. But that doesn't give women the opportunity to pick up where the men have failed. Remember, Gods words are final and He has said the women shall not have authority over the men nor teach in the presence of a man
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
Tosinex:
Have u rightly divided the word of truth? Remember that those words were spoken in the old testament which have long been fulfilled. We are no longer under that convenient but under Christianity. U can't find a woman that taught or 'pastored ' a church in the new testament
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by paxonel(m): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
oghenerobo91:

That's not true. The bible says there will be false prophets and teachers. It doesn't says God will stop them. Its up to us to study the bible. Remember, the bible commanded us not to add to the scriptures nor subtract from it
is that why you will not do your personal research of the scripture to know exactly what scriptures want you as a person to know?
Because you are afraid of subtracting or adding to the bible?

Please go back and do your research very well, when the scripture says there will be false teachers it was not referring to any Christian or pastor today as false teacher, rather Paul referred to people of other religions of his time as false teachers who teaches that Jesus is not the Christ.
Now, I'm not saying that pastors today are not teaching falsely. I'm only saying that inspite their false teaching no pastor has denied Jesus as the Messiah or Christ. Therefore they cannot be put into the category of false teachers reffered to in the bible.
That's why we all need to be very very careful not to quote scriptures to condemn pastors for their wrong doing, rather if possible we should confront them with the truth.

I still maintain that everything that happens in the church be it false or true, God allow it to be so. If we are not satisfy, then we should confront them with the truth being equipped with a better argument for them to see reasons,God will not come down to help us do that.
If you are not satisfied with women teaching in the church, then come with a better argument, not this type you are putting up here grin
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
So what should you do when a woman says she has the call, and God told her to open a ministry? Men should be happy that women should take over churches because they have failed.....fullstop.
oghenerobo91:

I see ur point on how most men have rubbished the position of a pastor. That is because they are just after material things. Remember how Simon the sorcerer was rebuked, so will most pastors. But that doesn't give women the opportunity to pick up where the men have failed. Remember, Gods words are final and He has said the women shall not have authority over the men nor teach in the presence of a man
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
oghenerobo91:

Have u rightly divided the word of truth? Remember that those words were spoken in the old testament which have long been fulfilled. We are no longer under that convenient but under Christianity. U can't find a woman that taught or 'pastored ' a church in the new testament
Daniel 12 is in the old testament and it's coming to pass!! The word of God is neither old or new, it's same forever and it will surely be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
[quote author=LilMissFavvy post=83509762]So what should you do when a woman says she has the call, and God told her to open a ministry? Men should be happy that women should take over churches because they have failed.....fullstop.[/quote
All of us have been called to take up the ministry. And mind u, no one has the power to own a church as it is already established by Christ. A woman having a ministry is not building on the foundation of Christ. Full stop.
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
Tosinex:
Daniel 12 is in the old testament and it's coming to pass!! The word of God is neither old or new, it's same forever and it will surely be fulfilled.
Then why are u not observing the sabbath? Why are u not sacrificing burnt offering? Since u said nothing is new or old. The word of God remains the same but that doesn't mean as Christians, we should follow the footsteps of the jews
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Izabel(f): 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
it is my deepest conviction that the full evidence of Scripture and an understanding of balance and consistency in interpretation mean that we must rethink some of our traditions and reaffirm with clarity and conviction the biblical basis for the full participation of women in the ministries of the church. The underlying biblical theology of a “new creation in Christ” in which there is “neither male and female” is a powerful affirmation of the commitment to equality in the gospel, the Church, and all of its ministries.
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Izabel(f): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
it is my deepest conviction that the full evidence of Scripture and an understanding of balance and consistency in interpretation mean that we must rethink some of our traditions and reaffirm with clarity and conviction the biblical basis for the full participation of women in the ministries of the church. The underlying biblical theology of a “new creation in Christ” in which there is “neither male and female” is a powerful affirmation of the commitment to equality in the gospel, the Church, and all of its ministries.
Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 28, 2019
Izabel:
so according to your submission since all are new creation in christ so everybody should be pastors, teachers, evangelists etc

1 Like

Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 28, 2019
Izabel:
dont twist scripture to what it does not say. Christian leadership is different from worldly leadership.
women can participate in minstry no doubt but for women to be pastors and teachers in the church is not biblical. The same paul that wrote that men and women are one in christ said that women are not supposed to have authority over a man. Women can teach fellow women
God is a God of order not of disorder. A Christian man and a Christian woman in christ has equally stake in the kingdom of God but has different roles in the church and in the family. Having different roles does not mean they are not equal even withing the Godhead there is diversity of roles both all persons of the Godhead are equal.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Can't Be A Pastor by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2019
oghenerobo91:

Then why are u not observing the sabbath? Why are u not sacrificing burnt offering? Since u said nothing is new or old. The word of God remains the same but that doesn't mean as Christians, we should follow the footsteps of the jews
we are talking of prophecies here not ordinance! Understand the scripture before arguing blindly. Every ordinances in the old testament, Jesus came to fulfill them and when we walk and live in him we are fulfilling those things even in a more better way.

(1) (Reply)

When You Die And Finds Out There Is God: What Will You Tel Him? / Do Demonic Spirits Incarnate As Human Beings On Earth? / Now, Let The True Church Judge The Political Situation In Babylon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.