Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup (19848 Views)

Mohamed Salah Celebrates Golden Boot Win With Hilarious Tweet / Golden Eaglets Know AFCON Foes Today (photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Oluwabash(m): 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria for a fantastic beginning in the group opening match of FIFA World Cup Brazil 2019.

Nigeria Under-17 football team opened Brazil 2019 with a 4-2 win over Hungary, signaling their readiness to win the FIFA Championship for an unprecedented sixth time.

In a message to the team after the spectacular performance on Saturday night, President Buhari praised the boys for the determination to excel which they displayed throughout the match despite the brilliant performance of their opponents.

"It was a wonderful display that I am very proud of. You showed that there is nothing that cannot be achieved with determination and perseverance.

"I have followed your journey leading to your arrival in Brazil for the competition. I have equally noted your determination and confidence throughout your preparations.

"I have no doubt in my mind that you are determined to win the competition for an unparalleled sixth time,” President Buhari said.

He assured them of his continuing personal support and that of Nigerians for the entire period of the tournament.

The President also urged the team to continue demonstrating the resilient spirit of the Nigerian, and bring the cup home, adding that he will personally be monitoring their progress in the tournament.

President Buhari equally congratulated the handlers of the team, urging them to be sensitive to the needs of the youngsters in their burning desire to bring victory and honour to their fatherland.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media and Publicity)
October 27, 2019

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Carmit(m): 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
Coming to win from behind.

Way to go Naija!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by miteolu(m): 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
His media team doing what they collect salaries for.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Tolumiide: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
Thanks Baba for your support. God bless you sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Chisaedhor: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
grin
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by abdulazeez1002(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
miteolu:
His media team doing what they collect salaries for.
How does this your comment correlate with the topic sad

Some people are born bitter

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by hisgrace090: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
Good!
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by victorazyvictor(m): 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
Local man "cup" grin

Wetin concern abokii with soccer when cows are hungry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Briells: 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congratulations to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Houseofglam7(f): 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
undecided
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by NIGHTMAREOO7: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
Those boys men are way older than 17 years., I saw their laps muscle and all that. Nigeria should stop this age cheat it's not funny anymore.
The youngest on that list will be around 25 to 27

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by NIGHTMAREOO7: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
Joke
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by victorazyvictor(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by BlackDonald: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
Oluwabash:
President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria for a fantastic beginning in the group opening match of FIFA World Cup Brazil 2019.

Nigeria Under-17 football team opened Brazil 2019 with a 4-2 win over Hungary, signaling their readiness to win the FIFA Championship for an unprecedented sixth time.

In a message to the team after the spectacular performance on Saturday night, President Buhari praised the boys for the determination to excel which they displayed throughout the match despite the brilliant performance of their opponents.

"It was a wonderful display that I am very proud of. You showed that there is nothing that cannot be achieved with determination and perseverance.

"I have followed your journey leading to your arrival in Brazil for the competition. I have equally noted your determination and confidence throughout your preparations.

"I have no doubt in my mind that you are determined to win the competition for an unparalleled sixth time,” President Buhari said.

He assured them of his continuing personal support and that of Nigerians for the entire period of the tournament.

The President also urged the team to continue demonstrating the resilient spirit of the Nigerian, and bring the cup home, adding that he will personally be monitoring their progress in the tournament.

President Buhari equally congratulated the handlers of the team, urging them to be sensitive to the needs of the youngsters in their burning desire to bring victory and honour to their fatherland.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media and Publicity)
October 27, 2019

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Marrtevent: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Bellotelli: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
Oga presido, why are you lying that you followed the match...
OK, who scored the winning goal? shocked shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
Well done Baba!

I help businesses grow by promoting them on social media. See siggy
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by airminem(f): 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
Its the only thing that unites ALL REGIONS AS NIGERIANS. Mr president bless these players atleast for once. NA MONITORING LIZARD THEM WANT CHOP NI?
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Enculer: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
Jubril not Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by NIGHTMAREOO7: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
victorazyvictor:

See una life

grin,
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Iamgrey5(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
NIGHTMAREOO7:
Those boys men are way older than 17 years., I saw their laps muscle and all that.
Nigeria should stop this age cheat it's not funny anymore.

Intact the youngest on that list will be around 25 to 27
I guess you are the MRI scan they took before going for the competition

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by nakaman: 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
truth be told. buhari said nothing

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by youngest85(m): 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
Onwu
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by victorazyvictor(m): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by kheny12(m): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
NIGHTMAREOO7:
Those boys men are way older than 17 years., I saw their laps muscle and all that.
Nigeria should stop this age cheat it's not funny anymore.

Intact the youngest on that list will be around 25 to 27
you are a liar,some of them are under 17,Stop been bitter.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by NIGHTMAREOO7: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I guess you are the Mri scan they took before going for the competition

MRI is not always accurate we all know..
Those boys are far older than 17 years.
It's a fact u sef know

1 Like

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by NIGHTMAREOO7: 1:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
kheny12:
you are a liar,some of them are under 17,Stop been bitter.

Bitter?
For telling the truth.. So I'm church mind will u tell me in God's name that u are fully convinced those men are UNDER 17? undecided
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Iamgrey5(m): 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
NIGHTMAREOO7:

MRI is not always accurate we all know..
Those boys are far older than 17 years.
It's a fact u sef know
So MRI scan failed on 60 players captured?

And we should trust your intuition based on what exactly?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Rollie450: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
Cool
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
Baba Zahra grin
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by NIGHTMAREOO7: 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So MRI scan failed on 60 players captured?
And we should trust your intuition based on what exactly?

mRI doesn't not capture ur actual age that's what I'm saying.
Oga those boys are over age
Re: Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup by mashad(m): 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I guess you are the MRI scan they took before going for the competition

Don't mind the embattled clown

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinedu Udoji Confirmed Dead In Accident / Chukwueze Scores As Xavi’s Barca Register First La Liga Away Win / Amusan Is World Champion, As Nigerian Quartet Breaks 30-Year African Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.