Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato (5615 Views)

Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Cucumber / Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Onion / Daily Price Information on Mile 12 market's Onion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Mile12market: 5:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
Tomato Price -27-10-2019 | Morning Price
Origin: Northern Nigeria
Basket Type: Raffia Basket
Weight: 40KG
First Class: ₦18,000
Second Class: ₦15,000
Third Class: ₦14,000

1 Share

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
What about Cucumber sir. And what kind of cucumber is sold at Mile 12
Murano F1 - Dark green with spikes
CU999
Pictures below

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mile12market:
Those prices are damn high men!
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Those prices are damn high men!

Even low with the present situation. Why do you think I keep saying this is the best opportunity for farmers? With these kind of prices, why will any farmer complain about the cost of seeds. My instinct was right to do a tomato training project again. Something just told me that I should do it then. Honestly, it pays to listen to ones intuition. I have instructed all my people never to come online and sing any song on my behalf. I told them that NL will see soon. Now, they are seeing.

You can see how he listed the prices. 1st Grade, Second Grade, and 3rd grade. 10th grades are those Technisem east west, etc seed grin. Anything 50 to 90g is 3rd - 10th grade. But when you get quality cultivars....you will smile. They will rush you. Even OPV Roma fruits are better than those cultivars. They call those cultivars Lagos and Ogun. grin Very low price command. Yet NL farmers continue arguing blindly here.

Presently, 1st grade goes for minimum of N900 per kg which is N36,000 for 40kg on the Island. "Make farmers sit down with the local seeds oooo. grin Outstanding cucumber goes for N600 per kg because they cannot import from Cotonou again. Those who got seeds are smiling seriously. My instinct was right. I dont do nonsense. When I check things out....and I see the figure....and my instinct gives me green light....I shoot. And when myninstinct told me to relax, I did. That was when the prices were low. One of my friends was asking me if I am a sort of god. I laughed. Even wise people fear people who listen to their gut.

You hear slangs like Jo's tomato, Kaduna tomato, Benue tomato, etc...its the cultivar these farmers use. You know that they work in team. They import seeds together....none of these farmers use these so called NL varieties. And one would be advising them, they would be arguing blindly. Those Kano, Jos, Kaduna etc big bosses usually organise seeds from abroad. And they know the ones good for their soil. Who do you think Dangote hooked up with later after his own seeds failed? Some "maga" just lured him to buy some seeds like that....and he failed. Silent people who are billionaires in veggie are around. But I just laugh many times. And I really want to help SW, SE, and SS.

Bro, mark my words.....poor farmers will still not KEY in. Seeds are too costly for them. Ha! See money rolling into the pockets of farmers. But you know that only instincts can create such opportunity. If the border is opened today, goods will flood in. But the good news is that some have made contacts and sealed wonderful relationships with marketers that are stubborn. Many of them are begging me seriously...and these are ones that were doing "yanga" before.

When I made the announcement on my thread, people who cannot see into the future were attacking me. Now, we can see. Big powerful men in Mile 12 contacted me to assist them, and the project is on. Can only me produce for mile 12, Iddo, Ijora, Otto, Oyingbo, etc markets? Big boys with networks in all major markets who are strong men behind those called "Baba oja or loja" ...not sure of the name....and "mama oja or so". And that was the reason I came here. And these men even control supplies to grocery stores. I am a very patient man when I want to crack market. And I give people chances and opportunities. But the day I keep silent and stop talking to someone I was negotiating with, or trying to partner with...that is the involuntarily me taking over. I want to talk to the person, but my instinct has shut me up to back out. And I always listen to my instinct.

If I handle tomato, and a proper soil test is done, and recommendations are followed, ....if you dont make 80 tons +/-40% yield per ha, call me a liar.

Brother, I respect you so much. You are a man who sees the future too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 28, 2019
LoFarms:
What about Cucumber sir. And what kind of cucumber is sold at Mile 12
Murano F1 - Dark green with spikes
CU999
Pictures below

Oga, take a trip to mile 12. It is an open market. You will meet agents there. It is a free place. You can sell everything there. But in the market, they prefer dark green skin. Also, they want fruits which can stay long in the sun. You can sell cu999 there but it commands low to average price. Murano is good, but if you really want to get yours sold easily....go for the likes of greengo. It is very dark and buyers rush it. But that green thing high demand is just pure poverty mentality; but do I blame them? However, if I am cultivating, I will may use just 10% greengo on my farm. Anyway, I dont grow these kinds again. There are many other factors to consider. Go and do marketing yourself and stop asking questions here where you will be deceived and lied to.

Run away from these monikers: James550 James55, and healthserver. The highest any marketer takes is 10%. They will charge you 15%. If they do, ask for the association leader there and report them. They will be arrested. Ask anyone to take you to the vegetable section leaders. Read his link here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5454728/sell-all-vegetables-edibles-farms

Do not be deceived...its the same healthserver network operating. A real opportunist.

After all, you want to supply the market. Learn about logistics too. There are private Vans there. If you do it in bulk, you can easily get cheap transport. Go there yourself and stop wasting your time online here if you are serious with your business.

This is the headquarters of scammers. They will scam you here.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2019
Pistotita:

Oga, take a trip to mile 12. It is an open market. You will meet agents there. It is a free place. You can sell everything there. But in the market, they prefer dark green skin. Also, they want fruits which can stay long in the sun. You can sell cu999 there but it commands low to average price. Murano is good, but if you really want to get yours sold easily....go for the likes of greengo. It is very dark and buyers rush it. But that green thing high demand is just pure poverty mentality; but do I blame them? However, if I am cultivating, I will may use just 10% greengo on my farm. Anyway, I dont grow these kinds again. There are many other factors to consider. Go and do marketing yourself and stop asking questions here where you will be deceived and lied to.

Run away from these monikers: James550 James55, and healthserver. The highest any marketer takes is 10%. They will charge you 15%. If they do, ask for the association leader there and report them. They will be arrested. Ask anyone to take you to the vegetable section leaders. Read his link here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5454728/sell-all-vegetables-edibles-farms

Do not be deceived...its the same healthserver network operating. A real opportunist.

After all, you want to supply the market. Learn about logistics too. There are private Vans there. If you do it in bulk, you can easily get cheap transport. Go there yourself and stop wasting your time online here if you are serious with your business.

This is the headquarters of scammers. They will scam you here.

Goodluck.

Baba thank you! All the information I need. But how do I optimize my products with Murano I heard it has pollination issues that I may need to sprinkle it with boiled sugar.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 28, 2019
LoFarms:

Baba thank you! All the information I need. But how do I optimize my products with Murano I heard it has pollination issues that I may need to sprinkle it with boiled sugar.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin it makes sense. Its a bait for pollinators like bees and butterflies. But the main challenge is usage of chemicals. Lol. Lure them with sweet and kill them with poison in chemicals.

Murano is a monster with female flower production. But you will notice that during hot season, male flowers start coming out seriously during mid harvest period. Not so good.

The truth is that with number of flowers coming out of murano, only nearby apiary can do the job excellently. The efficiency of murano without nearby apiary is like 25% max.

Please, prune it seriously, else, you will experience over 97% flower abortion. After every harvest, like 6 to 10 nodes upward on the main stem with all secondary branch nodes all are always aborted making total of around 30 female flowers.

Aim at 6 fruits per plant and you are a champ. Make it 7 to 10 and you are a chief commander of cucumber growers.

1 Like

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by es144000: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2019
Mile12market:
please, can we have pictures of the 35kg basket?
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2019
Pistotita:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin it makes sense. Its a bait for pollinators like bees and butterflies. But the main challenge is usage of chemicals. Lol. Lure them with sweet and kill them with poison in chemicals.

Murano is a monster with female flower production. But you will notice that during hot season, male flowers start coming out seriously during mid harvest period. Not so good.

The truth is that with number of flowers coming out of murano, only nearby apiary can do the job excellently. The efficiency of murano without nearby apiary is like 25% max.

Please, prune it seriously, else, you will experience over 97% flower abortion. After every harvest, like 6 to 10 nodes upward on the main stem with all secondary branch nodes all are always aborted making total of around 30 female flowers.

Aim at 6 fruits per plant and you are a champ. Make it 7 to 10 and you are a chief commander of cucumber growers.

I understand what you wrote but I'm really trying to comprehend.
Are you saying that Murano during the dry season is a NoNo , except there's a bee hive?
That the max I can get from each plant is 25% if there's no bee hive
That pruning part got me lost
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2019
LoFarms:

I understand what you wrote but I'm really trying to comprehend.
Are you saying that Murano during the dry season is a NoNo , except there's a bee hive?
That the max I can get from each plant is 25% if there's no bee hive
That pruning part got me lost

I do not know how to explain to you. Ok. Let me try to use figures . If you have 100 female flowers per plant (murano is a beast with female flower production and I am sure that without pruning you will get more), and you can only save 3 fruits on it which an average farmer gets per plant, what is your success rate %? And just 3 fruits per plant of 1 acre of 10,000 plants = 30,000 fruit. Murano is like 75 to max of 80 fruits per those bags used for sales.... so that you get 356 bags if 9500 plants survive and each give you 3 fruits from over 100 flowers. How much is a bag now? That's like N1.7 million at N5k each.

What if you sit down and get 17 fruits from each plant which no one has ever gotten in Nigeria? What if you sit down to really know the causes of flower abortion? See, dont you think you can be successful with 1/2 plot instead of doing 1 acre?

Stop listening to these nairaland farmers. When you sir down and you put figures together you know that efficient is too low. Now, sit down and find a way to correct these things. You see me....I will not start telling you to do this...use that...but I will tweak your brain in the right direction. Go and see and observe. Most farmers dont even know that the flowers are always aborting...they just count cucumbers...yeah....but when you really start using your eyes and head...you will feel sorry that you are doing 1 acre and wasting your time. It is why I laugh at one man who said he wants to install one borehole per acre and have 9 acres of veggie. For what? Is it not veggie?

Lagos Sfate is bigger than the Netherlands that produces good veggie seeds. RZ is a Dutch company or so. But look at them. The volume of veggie they produce yearly is more than what we produce in the whole of Nigeria. It means that Kano is like 10 times of Holland oòoo. If I am not wrong.....just a rough estimation.

When i tell you that you should even start considering nethouse, you better start thinking of it. Leave pollination for murano people and go for the ones that you dont need bees to pollinate. And see if you will not harvest massively if you do it rightly. When they tell you one seed of that is N120, you will rush it when you can pull 120 fruits from one single plant. grin But I always put the estimate at 40 fruits per plant for that particular cultivar. Check my thread for that kind of cultivar. Then after, you will start hunting for the means to sell such cultivar and not start behind Mile12 guys. Lol.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
Pistotita:

I do not know how to explain to you. Ok. Let me try to use figures . If you have 100 female flowers per plant (murano is a beast with female flower production and I am sure that without pruning you will get more), and you can only save 3 fruits on it which an average farmer gets per plant, what is your success rate %? And just 3 fruits per plant of 1 acre of 10,000 plants = 30,000 fruit. Murano is like 75 to max of 80 fruits per those bags used for sales.... so that you get 356 bags if 9500 plants survive and each give you 3 fruits from over 100 flowers. How much is a bag now? That's like N1.7 million at N5k each.

What if you sit down and get 17 fruits from each plant which no one has ever gotten in Nigeria? What if you sit down to really know the causes of flower abortion? See, dont you think you can be successful with 1/2 plot instead of doing 1 acre?

Stop listening to these nairaland farmers. When you sir down and you put figures together you know that efficient is too low. Now, sit down and find a way to correct these things. You see me....I will not start telling you to do this...use that...but I will tweak your brain in the right direction. Go and see and observe. Most farmers dont even know that the flowers are always aborting...they just count cucumbers...yeah....but when you really start using your eyes and head...you will feel sorry that you are doing 1 acre and wasting your time. It is why I laugh at one man who said he wants to install one borehole per acre and have 9 acres of veggie. For what? Is it not veggie?

Lagos Sfate is bigger than the Netherlands that produces good veggie seeds. RZ is a Dutch company or so. But look at them. The volume of veggie they produce yearly is more than what we produce in the whole of Nigeria. It means that Kano is like 10 times of Holland oòoo. If I am not wrong.....just a rough estimation.

When i tell you that you should even start considering nethouse, you better start thinking of it. Leave pollination for murano people and go for the ones that you dont need bees to pollinate. And see if you will not harvest massively if you do it rightly. When they tell you one seed of that is N120, you will rush it when you can pull 120 fruits from one single plant. grin But I always put the estimate at 40 fruits per plant for that particular cultivar. Check my thread for that kind of cultivar. Then after, you will start hunting for the means to sell such cultivar and not start behind Mile12 guys. Lol.

Can I have your phone number
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
Pistotita:

100 female flowers per plant and having just 3 fruits is 3%
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Pavore9: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2019
Reading.....
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
The power of pruning
There is no way more than 3 fruits of 400g weight each can grow simultaneously on a plant very well. Therefore, one needs to reduce the flowers to allow the plants feed effectively the max number of fruits it can sustain. If the plants are stressed, they will not be able to easily pick up after harvesting these fruits..so, there will be serious abortion..and they always go into a little rest before picking up again. It is why farmers do not harvest every 5 days. Most farmers go to market every 12 days. Do the calculation... 12 + 12 + 12 = 36 days. Just 3 harvests. Some go in between these 12 because they dont harvest all plants at the same.time. if you really want to know you are doing well, you must harvest at least 1 fruit from each plant every 5 days. If not, you are under performing. This is the power of pruning.

But cultivars like cu999 are not super ones. See, the only reason farmers are making it worth cu999 is because its fruits are big. And it's ok at times if not pruned. But if you prune cu999, you may pull out 6 fruits as an average farmer. And that is like 9 to 10 of Murano. So, you can see.

Every cultivar has got a unique way to prune it. And the more you do it, the better you are. It is why you dont leave pruning with workers. They will spoil it.

For greengo and darina, you need a pollinator cultivar to improve its harvest.

Now, I enjoy my new market. 100g max. At that stage, i can have 15 fruits simultaneously without the fear of over load. And I dont prune. One just must know what he is doing. If I need multiple small fruits and I want them many on my vines, I will be stupid to go for a cultivar which needs pollination.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Mile12market: 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hello Nairalanders! Thanks to those that ask questions and to those that tag us as scammers know that this is an official Mile 12 International Market account on Nairaland. We have a new administration and we are working tirelessly to restructure the food system in Africa, which market information is the key. The daily price of Tomato and Chilli Pepper is just a starting point, we'll keep adding more and more commodities from perishable, semi perishable to grains. Please bear with us Dear smallholder farmers. We are here for you. If you are a real Farmer, not a middleman send your name and what you farm to our official WhatsApp account, we'll add you to our official WhatsApp group.

Please follow our media handles for updates:

Facebook: mile12marketngr
Twitter: mile12marketngr
Instagram: mile12marketngr
Email: info@mile12market.org
web: www.mile12market.org

Thanks
Muhammad Bubayaro
IT-Director
Mile 12 International Market

1 Like

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Mile12market: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2019
This is 35 to 40KG Basket of Tomato.

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Fetula4u: 11:19pm On Oct 28, 2019
Mile12market:
Hello Nairalanders! Thanks to those that ask questions and to those that tag us as scammers know that this is an official Mile 12 International Market account on Nairaland. We have a new administration and we are working tirelessly to restructure the food system in Africa, which market information is the key. The daily price of Tomato and Chilli Pepper is just a starting point, we'll keep adding more and more commodities from perishable, semi perishable to grains. Please bear with us Dear smallholder farmers. We are here for you. If you are a real Farmer, not a middleman send your name and what you farm to our official WhatsApp account, we'll add you to our official WhatsApp group.

Please follow our media handles for updates:

Facebook: mile12marketngr
Twitter: mile12marketngr
Instagram: mile12marketngr
Email: info@mile12market.org
web: www.mile12market.org

Thanks
Muhammad Bubayaro
IT-Director
Mile 12 International Market
please what's the current prize of a bag of onion In mile 12 market.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:
The power of pruning
There is no way more than 3 fruits of 400g weight each can grow simultaneously on a plant very well. Therefore, one needs to reduce the flowers to allow the plants feed effectively the max number of fruits it can sustain. If the plants are stressed, they will not be able to easily pick up after harvesting these fruits..so, there will be serious abortion..and they always go into a little rest before picking up again. It is why farmers do not harvest every 5 days. Most farmers go to market every 12 days. Do the calculation... 12 + 12 + 12 = 36 days. Just 3 harvests. Some go in between these 12 because they dont harvest all plants at the same.time. if you really want to know you are doing well, you must harvest at least 1 fruit from each plant every 5 days. If not, you are under performing. This is the power of pruning.

But cultivars like cu999 are not super ones. See, the only reason farmers are making it worth cu999 is because its fruits are big. And it's ok at times if not pruned. But if you prune cu999, you may pull out 6 fruits as an average farmer. And that is like 9 to 10 of Murano. So, you can see.

Every cultivar has got a unique way to prune it. And the more you do it, the better you are. It is why you dont leave pruning with workers. They will spoil it.

For greengo and darina, you need a pollinator cultivar to improve its harvest.

Now, I enjoy my new market. 100g max. At that stage, i can have 15 fruits simultaneously without the fear of over load. And I dont prune. One just must know what he is doing. If I need multiple small fruits and I want them many on my vines, I will be stupid to go for a cultivar which needs pollination.

What will your advice be on starting on 1hect.
We are planting on going for Murano 2 F1 ratio 10 to 1 Marketer
Reason been that the Marketer helps pollinate the Murano.
But I understand what you're saying about pruning for Murano else we will just harvest 3 times in a life span. Is there a way I get see how to prune Murano.
Any advice right now is needed.

Thanks
Also I have been to Mile12 market today and what they like is Dark Green Cucumber against the stripped white CU999 which sells for 2k per bag and when the market is saturated 1.5k per bag but dark greens go for 3.5k per bag to 4.5k per bag during this season not even the dry season.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 30, 2019
LoFarms:

What will your advice be on starting on 1hect.
We are planting on going for Murano 2 F1 ratio 10 to 1 Marketer
Reason been that the Marketer helps pollinate the Murano.
But I understand what you're saying about pruning for Murano else we will just harvest 3 times in a life span. Is there a way I get see how to prune Murano.
Any advice right now is needed.

Thanks
Also I have been to Mile12 market today and what they like is Dark Green Cucumber against the stripped white CU999 which sells for 2k per bag and when the market is saturated 1.5k per bag but dark greens go for 3.5k per bag to 4.5k per bag during this season not even the dry season.

You do not need anything to pollinate murano. I believe you all interpreted wrongly my explanation on in this issue. And the problem is that many just follow blindly. Why pollinate murano?

Dark green will drop to N1 5kand light to N1k by the time
Bala, Musa, Sule and Tanko start moving their products from Kaduma, Zaria, Sokoto, and Kano to Mile 12. Pray to never meet their containers of cucumber the period you are supplying yours. Or find market elsewhere and leave mile 12 alone during dry season.

Do a very good pilot before going for 1 ha.

Pls...I dont want yo continue posting here again. I dont like derailing threads of people. And I dont want to endorse.anyone. if you have any question....kindly to my threads. Thanks.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
@Pistotita

Padma is definitely better than Roma. It's firmer and has less water content.

I also think it's more productive since it's a hybrid.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
@Pistotita

Padma is definitely better than Roma. It's firmer and has less water content.

I also think it's more productive since it's a hybrid.

Are you sure it is firmer than Roma? Anyway, Roma has grades too. As a matter of fact, all plums are from Roma. Of course, it produces more than Roma opv; however, it is in the category of 4th grade in the market because it is so tiny. And I notice they dont really get red. Or maybe farmers dont allow them get really red. They have low grade appearance. Very tiny and ugly tomatoes fruits. Or am I missing anything? Really, I dont know too much about it. So, if I am wrong forgive me.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:

Are you sure it is firmer than Roma? Anyway, Roma has grades too. As a matter of fact, all plums are from Roma. Of course, it produces more than Roma opv; however, it is in the category of 4th grade in the market because it is so tiny. And I notice they dont really get red. Or maybe farmers dont allow them get really red. They have low grade appearance. Very tiny and ugly tomatoes fruits. Or am I missing anything? Really, I dont know too much about it. So, if I am wrong forgive me.
If its too small or tiny then the farmer didn't get it right. It's very red and firm. Those ones you see not red might be plucked too early. That's a problem with Nigerian farmers.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Someone I know who had padma f1 said its need much more nutrients than the Roma (Hausa) type. So not fertilizing the plant will not do justice to the padma since it's far more productive in fruits than the regular ones we know.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Someone I know who had padma f1 said its need much more nutrients than the Roma (Hausa) type. So not fertilizing the plant will not do justice to the padma since it's far more productive in fruits than the regular ones we know.

Of course what do you expect when you have about 40,000 plants per hectare. Why will the soil not be bombarded with fertilizer? Compare to 10,000 - 15,000 per hectare of better varieties.

It is a misconception to say Roma is Hausa. You need to really go deep into Roma. There are even hybrid Roma these days. To say Padma is with thicker skin and with dark red is wrong. See, those cultivars are hyped. Most hausas dont use them. I know what I am saying.

What is even the yield? Cos I have not met any farmer who really produce more than 10 tons per ha using those seeds. If you see such, let us analyse the production. And like you say, they will tell you to bombard the soil more with fertilizer. They promise you 100 tons per ha but I have not seen any farmer who has achieved that? Why will anyone achieve such when one will have to take care of 40,000 crops. "Na beans? Na poreyrooo?"

Also, if you have100tons of 50g fruits and 100 tons of 120g fruits, you may make twice profit of 50g with 120g fruits. And the cost of production of 50g fruits is like 3 times the cost of producing 120g fruits. This has been my point all along. You are even helping me bring out my points very well. I have written it on my thread about all.

Look at the cucumber expats eat. Very soft skin, but open.market wants hard skin. But you are saying padma is firm. Firmness is a criterion; but when it is tiny, it is a turn off when tomato is not scarce. This is my point. You will sell any Roma easily than that cultivar.

Padma is not even a good variety for heat. And the other one they have do not lpplleasily turn red under extreme sun, just orange. Few cultivars will turn red under intense heat. So, how do hausas tag it easily as Lagos and Ogun? Cos nairaland farmers are fond of Technisem and East West. Those are the default seeds for NL farmers. If not those two companies, they will not do anything. But these are not common in the North. When did Eadg West enter Nigeria?

Sir, East West and Technisem brand can never compete from November to March in Mile 12. Never and never.

EMMAACHILE:

If its too small or tiny then the farmer didn't get it right. It's very red and firm. Those ones you see not red might be plucked too early. That's a problem with Nigerian farmers.
I am talking based on facts. The biggest fruits padma will give is around 90g. It cannot go beyond that. Is that big? Have you seen 180grams? If you as a Famer see 160g - 180g, you will hiss at 90g. And majority of padma is less than 70g. No matter how you feed it. Fact!

How many rich farmers have really hit 10 tons per ha using padma. Yeah. It has the potential but the wahala is too much. And the cost of production is extremely high..I will rather buy expensive seed which at the end of the day is very easy to manage and cheaper. By the time I compare the amount spend, even in buy my seeds at over N80,000 for.1 ha the overall cost of production those 4rh grade seeds is higher.

Farmers should learn to do financial plan. And they will know that it is cheaper to produce N120,000 cultivars in many cases.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by my2chains(m): 1:43am On Dec 01, 2019
This land is not for sale beware of space bookers
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by my2chains(m): 1:47am On Dec 01, 2019
The bible said its better to live ontop the roof of the house than to stay with a nagging wife,

its better i live ontop electrical pole than to stay the same house with pistotita the branch parrot grin
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by my2chains(m): 1:48am On Dec 01, 2019
Sorry to disturb you guys but why has the op abandoned this thread?

Maybe he fears to be ass whooped by whom we fear most here

i hope you all know who am talking aboutgrin
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by my2chains(m): 1:49am On Dec 01, 2019
Hmm now we go again as pistotita wins in this debate.

Its seems you like to teach than learning.

Anyways please why is this thread not updated daily again as stated here?

Maybe the op saw pistotita the crazy profesor and ran away leaving back is helpless students,

in summary the op took to his hills when he sighted pistotita the wide mouth nigga

i even thought your counterpart healthserve has succeded in killing you physically after the death threat,

now am here again to see you safe and sound

although some of your fans where thinking of locating or finding where healthserve stays to beat the hell out of him if he had carried out that threat

anyways am kind of talking all jagons this midnight because its seems to me you are the master in this game,

but if i where to choose between pistotita and healthserve,

i would gladly have opted to bring both of them out and be ass wooped 24 great lashes of the cain for disturbing public peace,

or i should have voted in for general crowd beatings that would have reset their brains and teeths.

A collective panel beating for them both till they have vomited the last meal they just ate 2 hours agogrin

1 Like

Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by Atlanticfire: 3:50am On Dec 01, 2019
Pistotita:

Of course what do you expect when you have about 40,000 plants per hectare. Why will the soil not be bombarded with fertilizer? Compare to 10,000 - 15,000 per hectare of better varieties.

It is a misconception to say Roma is Hausa. You need to really go deep into Roma. There are even hybrid Roma these days. To say Padma is with thicker skin and with dark red is wrong. See, those cultivars are hyped. Most hausas dont use them. I know what I am saying.

What is even the yield? Cos I have not met any farmer who really produce more than 10 tons per ha using those seeds. If you see such, let us analyse the production. And like you say, they will tell you to bombard the soil more with fertilizer. They promise you 100 tons per ha but I have not seen any farmer who has achieved that? Why will anyone achieve such when one will have to take care of 40,000 crops. "Na beans? Na poreyrooo?"

Also, if you have100tons of 50g fruits and 100 tons of 120g fruits, you may make twice profit of 50g with 120g fruits. And the cost of production of 50g fruits is like 3 times the cost of producing 120g fruits. This has been my point all along. You are even helping me bring out my points very well. I have written it on my thread about all.

Look at the cucumber expats eat. Very soft skin, but open.market wants hard skin. But you are saying padma is firm. Firmness is a criterion; but when it is tiny, it is a turn off when tomato is not scarce. This is my point. You will sell any Roma easily than that cultivar.

Padma is not even a good variety for heat. And the other one they have do not lpplleasily turn red under extreme sun, just orange. Few cultivars will turn red under intense heat. So, how do hausas tag it easily as Lagos and Ogun? Cos nairaland farmers are fond of Technisem and East West. Those are the default seeds for NL farmers. If not those two companies, they will not do anything. But these are not common in the North. When did Eadg West enter Nigeria?

Sir, East West and Technisem brand can never compete from November to March in Mile 12. Never and never.

I am talking based on facts. The biggest fruits padma will give is around 90g. It cannot go beyond that. Is that big? Have you seen 180grams? If you as a Famer see 160g - 180g, you will hiss at 90g. And majority of padma is less than 70g. No matter how you feed it. Fact!

How many rich farmers have really hit 10 tons per ha using padma. Yeah. It has the potential but the wahala is too much. And the cost of production is extremely high..I will rather buy expensive seed which at the end of the day is very easy to manage and cheaper. By the time I compare the amount spend, even in buy my seeds at over N80,000 for.1 ha the overall cost of production those 4rh grade seeds is higher.

Farmers should learn to do financial plan. And they will know that it is cheaper to produce N120,000 cultivars in many cases.

Farmers use the seeds that they have access to.
East west seeds and Technisem seeds are available in many locations and varieties so people patronize them.

What seeds do you use to get the 190gram tomatoes
And what seeds do you use to get cucumber that does not require pollinators and can do without pruning? I want to do cucumber farming and getting workers is difficult so the variety with less work will be better for me.
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by ikelords(m): 10:59am On Dec 06, 2019
Who can teach me pepper and tomatoes farming? What duration will I have to spend to learn
Re: Daily Price Information On Mile 12 Market's Tomato by my2chains(m): 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
Please who can tell me here the current prize a big basket of tomato and pepper is sold in mile 12 market?

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sweet Potato Farming / Agric Dairy; Dodo's Treasure... / I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.