Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,824 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken (19822 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) / World Cup: Russia Vs Croatia - (2 - 2) Croatia 4 - 3 On Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by obembet(f): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes both of Manchester United's penalties should have been retaken in their 3-1 win at Norwich City.

Rashford and Martial both scored fine goals from open play following their profligacy from 12 yards yet Solskjaer felt VAR should have intervened again and penalised Krul because he was off his line.

"I thought the reaction to his miss was excellent," Solskjaer said of Rashford. "Ran back, chased, won the ball back, scored a great goal,but both penalties should have been retaken.

"He's off his line by a yard, the 'keeper, so even though I didn't think the first one should've been a penalty, they could have gone back and given him another chance.

"It's like the six-second rule with the goalkeeper in his hands, that was used for a couple of months and it's out of the window, and this as well on penalties, he's a yard off his line, we looked at it the first month and now it's gone.

"It's so simple and so easy [to check the 'keeper's positioning]. But he's seen it there as well, we can see it live he is off his line.

"He's actually one of the best in the world, Tim Krul, on penalties. Remember the World Cup in 2014? Was it [Louis] Van Gaal who took Cillessen off? He's clever in his mannerism as well, should've been booked probably, because he stayed away from the goal, but should have both been retaken."

Source: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-penalties-norwich-var-17156228.amp

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Abfinest007(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
man u should be ashamed of themselves man u have gotten more penalties this season.even d first penalty was not a penalty bcuz it was man u player that ran into the other player

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Kentura(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
We won regardless! GGMU!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by logohaven1: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
We won abeg. Finally.
E con dey like we don turn Arsenal fans these days. Always expecting the worst. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Cherrish154(m): 10:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
And I already made a bet on the victory of Manchester in the match https://fscore.net/ . The coefficient was good and I could not deny myself this. So I will look forward to the next match and test my luck.

4 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Rednaxelot: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
Solkjaer sha want the team to score all the goals they failed to score during the binary operations

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
Lol cheesy

Man Utd sha.

Below was when the going was good during the Collabo time between Howard Webb and Sir Alex!

What goes around comes around.........
Nothing last forever!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
cheesy
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Blogsphere: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
A call for Graffiti artists

ART BY THE OCEAN

Come and showcase your Graffiti skills beside the ocean

*Free wall
*Quad bikes
*Complimentary drinks & food
*Music and lots more

First prize: #100, 000
Second prize: #75, 000
3rd Prize: #50, 000

How to participate:

Send pictures of previous graffiti designs to: L3hubinfo@gmail.com

Location: Lekki Leisure, Animashaun Drive (By Pinnacle) Maruwa Bus stop, Lekki Phase 1. Or just google LEKKI LEISURE

R.S.V.P: Daniel, 08104039504

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by padi94(m): 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
GGMU
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by jahbiz: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
Shameless manager and players and the ref inclusive

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Aguemma(m): 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
What a lucky day for Woman united.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by lyriclekidd(m): 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
Shitty club. But ggmu 4l tho

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by vibewithme(m): 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
Man U is not in good form this season at all.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Luckysbab: 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
At least, he was sincere the first one wasn't originally supposed to be a penalty.

Maybe he has a point in his assertions too.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by DeriNwamamatene: 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
[s]
post=83518838:
Lol cheesy

Man Utd sha
[/s]
bullcrap

6 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by wizkidblogger(f): 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
hmnn
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
logohaven1:
We won abeg. Finally.
[/b]E con dey like we don turn Arsenal fans these days. Always expecting the worst[b]. grin

Hahaha! They are coming for you.
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Adrian98(m): 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
The coach and the players that missed are all stupid. They are lucky they scored

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Edybleketara: 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
players and managers complaining and moaning about every debatable decisions like cry babies is one of the things I hate most about football.
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by Edybleketara: 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by NACE13: 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
I had to keep refreshing Flashcore to be sure it's same Man Utd that scored more than one goal. Oh! How the mighty hath fallen

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by internationalman(m): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
Even if there's no goal keeper in goal man Utd players will still miss...

in their tiny little minds now they have arrived because of a victory over helpless Norwich..

As for Norwich, they are still suffering from the sins they committed against Man City

3 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by spafu(m): 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
When will Man U rediscover themselves? Well, I had better worry about my disappointing Arsenal than worry about Man U.
Meanwhile, good people, I am here again. You guys have been helping me put food on the table for my family and me by simpling clicking the links on my signature.
Please, I need more clicks to make up to $100 for the month of October. Thank you as you Click and boost my offers.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by chukwuibuipob: 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
angry angry angry common! Take us back to 3rd place
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by chukwuibuipob: 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
angry angry angry
Abfinest007:
man u should be ashamed of themselves man u have gotten more penalties this season.even d first penalty was not a penalty bcuz it was man u player that ran into the other player
pena or no pena
Goal nah goal

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by WalkerMichael(m): 12:02am On Oct 28, 2019
GGMUB!!!!!!
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by openmine(m): 12:14am On Oct 28, 2019
Ole You no go happy say you try win match by more than one goal! tongue tongue
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by toprealman: 12:26am On Oct 28, 2019
Poor Arsenal!
Re: Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken by landmark86: 12:52am On Oct 28, 2019
What is this one (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer) saying again.
You manage to win a game against a relegated zone club and u're felling like a Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Las Las na sack go still end ur mata this season, ur day was just postpone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident / Ese Brume Wins Gold In Women's Long Jump For Nigeria / Heart Problem Forces Abdullahi Nura Into Early Retirement From Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.