Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,342 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics (14418 Views)

Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara / What I Saw In Bodija Ibadan: Afenifere's Intervention Is Needed ASAP / Tinubu 2023: We Went For Nigeria's Peace & Unity, Not Politics - Foluke Daramola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by sarrki(m): 1:03am On Oct 28, 2019
Published

October 28, 2019
Samson Folarin and John Charles

The Chairman of Air Peace, Chief Allen Onyema, has refuted insinuations that he intervened in the herders-farmers’ crisis in Benue State because of his alleged political ambition.

The philanthropist, who recently airlifted many stranded Nigerians from South Africa, noted that the action was driven by his love for peaceful coexistence in the country.

He also denied reports that the National Secretary of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Alhaji Alhassan Saleh, apologised for the killings in Benue during a peace meeting he organised.

Allen spoke on Sunday during a telephone interview with one of our correspondents.

The Air peace boss had on Saturday facilitated a meeting between the Miyetti Allah and the Benue State Government.

At the meeting, which was attended by top dignitaries of the state government, including Governor Samuel Ortom, Onyema had asked the two warring parties to embrace peace.

Saleh had apologised for all that happened, while Ortom had said he was only interested in defending the people of the state.

Onyema told The PUNCH that although the meeting was successful, he was surprised at reports that the Miyetti Allah’s secretary apologised for the killings in the state.

He said, “Saleh Alhassan, who is the leader of the Miyetti Allah, never admitted to the killings. He never said they were the ones that killed anybody. What he said was that, ‘we are here to make peace with the state.’

“On Saturday, I had called him because I knew his group had been having a running battle with the state government. I felt there should be peace in the country.

“The stadium was full and I started by preaching peace to the people of Benue. I told them that somebody was in their midst who they might not want to see before now. I said their governor was peaceful and the man was peaceful. I said he was Salleh Alhassan of Miyetti Allah and there was silence

https://punchng.com/my-benue-intervention-for-peace-not-politics-onyema/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Introvertedmarc: 1:14am On Oct 28, 2019
Credible notable candidates for 2023 without corruption tags.

38 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by sarrki(m): 1:14am On Oct 28, 2019
Even if it is political

You will be a good leader

You live by your company name

God bless you

You are a bridge builder

We may scout and route for you 2023

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by sarrki(m): 1:17am On Oct 28, 2019
Introvertedmarc:
Its good he came forte to correct the notion before APC minions would turn it inside out..

You are already programmed Pdp online urchins

People like Onyema are scarce in Nigeria

Let’s commend him and not muddled or soil is name in Pdp or Apc brouhaha

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Crofton: 1:40am On Oct 28, 2019
These are the kind of people that should govern this country.
Intelligence and calmness with coherent interest in peace and a logical understanding of economics and business.

It's painful to see the current political state that has isolated reasonability in politics and widely embraced illiterates and money mongers.

No matter how intelligent the populace of this country may be, without insightful and structural leaders, we'd remain Africa's most populous shiithole.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by singlebullet(m): 2:07am On Oct 28, 2019
This how dey behave when need power Rochas did same thing many....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Pappyjim: 2:29am On Oct 28, 2019
HOW I WISH MY IGBO BROTHERS AND SISTERS CAN REASON TOGETHER TO PRESENT THIS MAN AS A CONSENSUS CANDIDATE IN 2023!
BIAFRA REBUBLIC CAN SYSTEMATICALLY START FROM THAT POINT!!!

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by DeriNwamamatene: 3:51am On Oct 28, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
Published

October 28, 2019
Samson Folarin and John Charles

The Chairman of Air Peace, Chief Allen Onyema, has refuted insinuations that he intervened in the herders-farmers’ crisis in Benue State because of his alleged political ambition.

The philanthropist, who recently airlifted many stranded Nigerians from South Africa, noted that the action was driven by his love for peaceful coexistence in the country.

He also denied reports that the National Secretary of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Alhaji Alhassan Saleh, apologised for the killings in Benue during a peace meeting he organised.

Allen spoke on Sunday during a telephone interview with one of our correspondents.

The Air peace boss had on Saturday facilitated a meeting between the Miyetti Allah and the Benue State Government.

At the meeting, which was attended by top dignitaries of the state government, including Governor Samuel Ortom, Onyema had asked the two warring parties to embrace peace.

Saleh had apologised for all that happened, while Ortom had said he was only interested in defending the people of the state.

Onyema told The PUNCH that although the meeting was successful, he was surprised at reports that the Miyetti Allah’s secretary apologised for the killings in the state.

He said, “Saleh Alhassan, who is the leader of the Miyetti Allah, never admitted to the killings. He never said they were the ones that killed anybody. What he said was that, ‘we are here to make peace with the state.’

“On Saturday, I had called him because I knew his group had been having a running battle with the state government. I felt there should be peace in the country.

“The stadium was full and I started by preaching peace to the people of Benue. I told them that somebody was in their midst who they might not want to see before now. I said their governor was peaceful and the man was peaceful. I said he was Salleh Alhassan of Miyetti Allah and there was silence

https://punchng.com/my-benue-intervention-for-peace-not-politics-onyema/

[/s]
trash
na so dem dey talk am

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by DeriNwamamatene: 3:51am On Oct 28, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
Even if it is political

God bless you

You are a bridge builder

[/s]
stop the hypocritical praise

10 Likes

[s]
sarrki:

You are already programmed Pdp online urchins

People like Onyema are scarce in Nigeria

Let’s commend him and not muddled or soil is name in Pdp or Apc brouhaha
[/s]
shut up

7 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Josnac(m): 4:38am On Oct 28, 2019
A true businessman knows that in the absence of peace, business growth projections becomes unrealistic..except of course, those who deal in arms and warmongering.

Allen Onyema, you are a worthy son of Igboland!!
God keep you, enlarge you and cause heaven to smile on you always!

13 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by MYBLOCUS: 4:39am On Oct 28, 2019
Onyema my niggie, the man that rescue my people from the lions Den

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by pjc(m): 4:45am On Oct 28, 2019
You see, sometimes your good for this country can easily come back and bite you in the anus. Nigeria is one delusional country where they appreciate the political thugry and thieves on one hand, then turn blind eyes on philanthropist who succeeded in their various businesses even against the odds.
All these people making donations and contributions up and down, I suggest you carry those monies to your kindred people and develope them as much as you can instead.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by ABCthings: 4:57am On Oct 28, 2019
Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Agugbadin: 5:13am On Oct 28, 2019
Nice one but Okorocha started this way too and deceived many into believing he was a philanthropist but he showed his true colour when he became the governor of Imo state

11 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Xerxes75: 5:16am On Oct 28, 2019
Good one,but I hope the meeting is not to bring them back to the state because that may be too early.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by IgbereTV: 5:16am On Oct 28, 2019
MiyettiAllah have agreed they slaughtered thousands of Benue Christians with the help of Federal government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by IgbereTV: 5:33am On Oct 28, 2019
sarrki:
Even if it is political

God bless you

You are a bridge builder

The damage has been done, you(sarrki) supported the killer herdsmen and claimed it PDP and IPOB.
Buhari's defense minister supported Fulani Jihadist herdsman against Benue State government.
The defense minister should apologize to Nigerians for supporting terrorist Miyetti-Allah against State government protecting his people,
Miyetti-Allah killed thousands of people and threatened to kill more if the state don't change their law for them,
Buhari denied in presence of Trump that the Jihadist killer herdsmen killing Nigerian Christians are foreigners but went on to tell Nigerians to surrender their ancestral to the jihadists in the name of RUGA.
None of the jihadist herdsmen was prosecuted after killing thousands of defenseless Nigerians.
They even went on to capture villages belonging to indigenous Plateau Christians, chase the villagers out and renamed their villages and Nigerian security agencies did nothing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:43am On Oct 28, 2019
God bless this great and selfless man.

A man that money do not control.

Even if you want to contest for any position in our nation,
sane Nigerians are all behind you Sir.

Haters can say whatever they want.

In one Nigeria we believe.

God bless Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by VirginSearcher(m): 5:51am On Oct 28, 2019
sarrki:
[s]Even if it is political

God bless you

You are a bridge builder

We may scout and route for you 2023[/s]
kom kom, keep quiet and face your clueless President Buhari Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by anonimi: 5:55am On Oct 28, 2019
Xerxes75:
Good one,but I hope the meeting is not to bring them back to the state because that may be too early.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9402486_operasnapshot20190516035220www_bbc_com_jpeg27a2e53d0353af1c1d6fdd2d61f7cfc1

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by helinues: 6:04am On Oct 28, 2019
This Onyema deserves National hero oo
Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by omenka(m): 6:06am On Oct 28, 2019
sarrki:
Even if it is political

God bless you

You are a bridge builder

2023 is a long shot. Except pdp does the needful and present him though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by BilltheDON(m): 6:16am On Oct 28, 2019
Good one boss
Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by somalianprince: 6:26am On Oct 28, 2019
Good job Allen
Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by tungamaje: 6:40am On Oct 28, 2019
What was the essence of the meeting if it was only to preach to the warring parties to embrace peace? This type of preaching peace can never lead to actual peace. What was the stand of the Benue Governor and the Miyetti Allah leader? I think they didn't agree. No wonder Ortom was insistent that the Anti grazing Bill was for the good of his people. meaning that Benue State has no intention of repealing it. The meeting would have been successful if one party admitted to its fault and asked for forgiveness So I am asking again, what did the Miyetti Allah leader tell the gathering?
Modified
I understand he apologized over 'all that happened'

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by aguiyi2: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2019
Pappyjim:
HOW I WISH MY IGBO BROTHERS AND SISTERS CAN REASON TOGETHER TO PRESENT THIS MAN AS A CONSENSUS CANDIDATE IN 2023!
If you are indeed an igbo man,know that this is a stupid comment.
Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 28, 2019
Pappyjim:

Even though your Igbo brother reason together , it will not work... Your people shld learn to wait for their turn.... 2023 is afonja turn , and we have in mind to go for 2x tenure.. so , your people shld hold on till 2032... It's well.
Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 28, 2019
Mr Allen those guys suppose to be in jail not peace
Re: Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics by Omeleyi: 7:05am On Oct 28, 2019
Good move... Peace has to start from round table meeting before it will be attained

(1) (2) (Reply)

WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation / Buhari receives letter of credence from ambassadors of Belgium,Poland,Rwanda / $750m Oil Stolen In 2019 - NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.