Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. (337 Views)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good / Nigerian Politicians Use Public Money As Their Private Piggy Bank: Kemi Badenoch / FFK: If You Supported Biden, Pray That Boko Haram Don't Take Over Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by Apeshy101(m): 1:06am On Oct 28, 2019
The vice presidential candidate of PDP, HE Peter Obi called on Nigerians to always pray for their leaders so that God will take control of them to always use public funds for public good.

The former governor of Anambra State was speaking at the well-attended interdenominational Thanksgiving service held at the Ekwueme Square, Awka in honour of Senator Iyom Uche Ekwunife.

Obi, who took to the microphone immediately after another ex-governor, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezife, called on the people, "you, particularly ndi Anambra, should always pray for those elected into political offices to use public funds for the people because it is not their money. The society is in dire need of good roads, other infrastructural developments, quality education, poverty alleviation and so on. These are the reasons they were elected in the first place - to improve the society.

"My senator... yes I call her my senator... Uche, who we are all here to honour today, is one I am quite pleased with because if you go anywhere with her you are certain. People from Anambra Central know how well she performed when she represented them at the National Assembly before and of course know what to expect this time around."

Amidst the roaring voices chanting, "Okwuteee, Okwuteee...", the former governor ended his brief speech by expressing gratitude to the guests for honouring the invite as well as praying that God lead them back safely to their respective homes.

The occasion drew real crowd, particularly dignitaries - from the home front included the PDP gubernatorial candidate in the last election, His Honour Oseloka Obaze and his running mate, Lady Chidi Onyemelukwe,, PDP members of the National Assembly, including Honourable Chris Azubogu, other PDP gubernatorial aspirants including Dr. Godwin Ezeemo, amongst others.

While dignitaries beyond Anambra included Governors Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha, Rt Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Gov Fintri of Adamawa State, Gov Godwin Obaseki of Edo State,, while Governors Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, and that of Ekiki State, Dr Fayemi, were duly represented, amongst others.

Also Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State came at the VIP reception held at Senator Uche Ekwunife Center also in Awka.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/10/28/pray-that-our-leaders-use-public-funds-for-the-people-urges-obi/
Re: Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by Apeshy101(m): 1:14am On Oct 28, 2019

Re: Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by naijanaso: 2:03am On Oct 28, 2019
The most outstanding man with records to show. I don't know what our crime in Nigeria is that God will not give us people like this to oversee the nation.
Re: Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 28, 2019
Peter Obi whom N250m was found at the back of his car, and the $50m Anambra money he diverted to his family business when he was the governor of Anambra State is a big hypocrite.
Re: Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2019
Obi...

Can we just give this man Nigeria for 8 years, plz?

Re: Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:
Peter Obi whom N250m was found at the back of his car, and the $50m Anambra money he diverted to his family business when he was the governor of Anambra State is a big hypocrite.

You sound like a broken record.

I can see you are trying so hard to taint Obi's image, but you ended up disgracing yourself.

If we were talking about Tinubu's bullion vans now, you'd coil your tail to your anus and disappear. Now you are here making baseless accusations.

If those millions were found on Obi, you wouldn't be the one telling us because the govt would have jailed him long ago.

Don't let tribalism and sentiments becloud your reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 28, 2019
Awol1:

You sound like a broken record.

I can see you are trying so hard to taint Obi's image, but you ended up disgracing yourself.

If we were talking about Tinubu's bullion vans now, you'd coil your tail to your anus and disappear. Now you are here making baseless accusations.

If those millions were found on Obi, you wouldn't be the one telling us because the govt would have jailed him long ago.

Don't let tribalism and sentiments becloud your reasoning.
Peter Obi diverted Anambra state money into a business he had private interest-Saber Miller. In America he would have been sent to jail.
He is lucky he is in Nigeria were corruption is legal. Also, during his tenure he built the biggest mall in Abuja and Port-Harcourt-he is no different from Tinubu and Orji Kalu.
Government money according to Nigeria's fantastically corrupt leaders belongs to no one. They see no reason why people should complain when they divert funds to personal projects.
Re: Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by Igbo2023: 9:24am On Oct 28, 2019
Did Nigerian leaders tell you they care?
Re: Pray That Our Leaders Use Public Funds For The People, Urges Obi. by jabor4Naija(m): 9:39am On Oct 28, 2019
Our problem in dis country is religion, why should we pray for dem to use d money to do d right thing? If na china now ehn na to kill dem straight

(1) (Reply)

Is Anambra PDP, YPP Or APGA State. / What Problem Is Nigeria Facing Currently? / We Don't Have A Rice Problem - Tosin Adeoti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.