Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs (33843 Views)

Kwara CAN: Hijab Use Will Expose Christian Pupils To Terrorist Attacks / How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo / ASUU Salaries: Use Of BVN Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Jobs – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by pat077: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2019
I support the government on this.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by SoNature(m): 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2019
NORSYK:
How will the lecturers survive with those peel nuts salaries they are receiving? They need a side job to compliment their salaries

Please read what she wrote again.

She made a very important point.

For the very first time, I will have to agree with this very ugly spokeswoman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by 1kinggy(m): 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2019
NORSYK:
How will the lecturers survive with those peel nuts salaries they are receiving? They need a side job to compliment their salaries

Side jobs, should be side jobs.

You cannot collect 2 full time salaries from one employer.

And next time, it is spelled peanuts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by gideonvalor98(m): 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2019
This is long overdue... All they know is to embark on strike for claims from government. Kudos FG on this one. I use this medium to call on NASS to support the government on this through various demonstrations on our campuses
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by SoNature(m): 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
Freehuman:
Won't work for all lecturers.

1. LECTURERS FROM FACULTY OF LAW HAVE TO PRACTICE LAW FULL TIME OR THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO TEACH TO THE BEST STANDARD.

2. LECTURERS FROM MEDICAL FACULTIES HAVE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE FULL TIME FOR THEM TO TEACH MEDICAL STUDENTS.

3. THIS APPLIES TO PHARMACY AS WELL

4. IF ENGINEERING WAS A "PRACTICAL" COURSE IN NIGERIA, IT WOULD BE UNDER SAME CATEGORIES.

RULE WILL WORK ON ALL THOSE SOCIOLOGY LECTURERS.

Huncle, it will work for everyone...no exceptions
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by airsaylongcon: 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
aspabay:
I'm just waiting for ASUU to go out strike over this issue. That is when they will see the anger of Nigerians.

Lol! I laugh out loud

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by garbamaza: 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
I could remember a time when IPPIS was introduced into some agencies that exposed huge vacancies which lead to immediate recruitment for replacement.
I am really expecting same from universities and other federal institutions when IPPIS is finally introduce into such bodies.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Nwaonyishi69: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2019
There is nothing as disgraceful as an adult laundering ignorance with ignominy. This woman is too hollow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by wanger50(m): 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2019
NORSYK:
How are the millions of others on the IPPIS system been surviving all this while?
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by wanger50(m): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2019
bigtt76:
I actually don't see anything wrong in this. If as a lecturer I can handle multiple courses in multiple universities ....why not? If for example, I have multiple degrees in different fields (Computer Engineering and Mathematics) and I lecture Computer Science at one university and the other University requires a lecturer in Mathematics ...if they appoint me, I would gladly take it so far as it does not clash with my lecture schedules in the first university.

This explains why you see your lecturer only twice in a whole semester. IPPIS has come to stay!

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Write4me(m): 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2019
NORSYK:

A side job that is still on Government payroll?? You must be kidding trash!
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Write4me(m): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
bigtt76:
I actually don't see anything wrong in this. If as a lecturer I can handle multiple courses in multiple universities ....why not? If for example, I have multiple degrees in different fields (Computer Engineering and Mathematics) and I lecture Computer Science at one university and the other University requires a lecturer in Mathematics ...if they appoint me, I would gladly take it so far as it does not clash with my lecture schedules in the first university.

Oga na simply sense! You can work “full time” in more than one place.

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by teepain: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
na2016:
They have not told you how much those lecturers earn. They have not told you that adjunct staff is not a full time job. They have not told u that to be adjunct u must be a PhD holder at senior lecturer level before another Uni can accept you. They only told u lecturers have many full time jobs. I hope they wont cripple that sector forever just to favour the private unis set up by them.

It is shameful that our universities do not engage in enough researches that can generate revenues to make them financially self sufficient.

Any University that relies on funding from the FG cannot truly champion the struggle of Independence.

You are not financially independent but you want administrative Independence; where is that going to happen?

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Doyin2(m): 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2019
miteolu:
Tell us how corruption will be exposed in government

I wonder.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Doyin2(m): 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
Nwaonyishi69:
There is nothing as disgraceful as an adult laundering ignorance with ignominy. This woman is too hollow.

Your own ignorance on this issue is quite pathetic,beyond being more disgraceful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by adebopo: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
Freehuman:

1. LECTURERS FROM FACULTY OF LAW HAVE TO PRACTICE LAW FULL TIME OR THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO TEACH TO THE BEST STANDARD.

2. LECTURERS FROM MEDICAL FACULTIES HAVE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE FULL TIME FOR THEM TO TEACH MEDICAL STUDENTS.

4. IF ENGINEERING WAS A "PRACTICAL" COURSE IN NIGERIA, IT WOULD BE UNDER SAME CATEGORIES.

they are not saying they should not practiced their profession dear, they are only saying they should be committed to an institution as a full time lecturer
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by mechanics(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2019
That's right, they are just fighting IPPIS scheme due to their selfish interest, to me the scheme is very good and a tool to eliminate ghost workers and workers earning multiple salaries in the system.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by OyiboOyibo(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2019
For the first time that this old fool is making sense since she was employed....
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by OyiboOyibo(m): 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
NORSYK:

Side job indeed...They are yahoo yahoo lecturers
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by obioraval(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
bigtt76:

And what about research and development?

We think Academic job is only for lecturing.

Interesting..

Well done
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by na2016: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
teepain:

It is shameful that our universities do not engage in enough researches that can generate revenues to make them financially self sufficient.

Any University that relies on funding from the FG cannot truly champion the struggle of Independence.

You are not financially independent but you want administrative Independence; where is that going to happen?

Even in the UK where I study and where we use as our model. Government doesn't ask the universities to come use one platform for salaries sir. You talk about research, who told you that some lecturers are not publishing thier research findings in high impact international journals. I think you should be looking at the ulterior motive of govt in this.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by pacespot(m): 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2019
LordAzubuike:
Lol you can't eradicate this nonsense.

Reason why sometime you only see your lectuerer a few weeks to exam period or maybe just 3 times in a semester. Many of them lecture in other institutions.

And you think that is an ideal lecturing. They are potentially denying young graduates the opportunity to secure those jobs when one person is working in multiple places full-time.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by jaeyking(m): 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2019
Freehuman:

does practicing full time.
means they have to start working under another university as a full time teaching staff.

Oga read and understand before u comment
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by obioraval(m): 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2019
bigtt76:
Graduate assistants positions in Universities are limited and restricted to grades/connections. undecided

To get job for naija uni na connection.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by edoairways: 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
LordAzubuike:
Lol you can't eradicate this nonsense.

Reason why sometime you only see your lectuerer a few weeks to exam period or maybe just 3 times in a semester. Many of them lecture in other institutions.
Funny enough these lecturers are humbled when they lecture at private universities. Same lecturer that is a thorn in the flesh of students in many universities are angels

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Hedonisco: 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2019
Lecturers are perhaps the most over-entitled set of employees in Nigeria. I hate their guts.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Nwachineke1980: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
The first time she is making sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by lordlugards: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
NORSYK:
Thanks for letting me know it's peel nut, I've always thought it's peanut.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Gr8amechi: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
Freehuman:

It can work perfectly, what happen is your both salary becomes unified and go into your account once.
Example a consultant who is also a lecturer gets both salary to his account with the breakdown in his pay slip.. No big dealw
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by Hassan05(m): 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
Last last
ASUU don arrive full time loose be that
Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by sharpwriter(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
na2016:

How much is paid well? Which lecturer works in 2 unis as full time? Will u keep silent?

Lecturer spotted... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs by BrutusOj(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2019
bigtt76:

You cant serve two masters at a time. You will end up inconveniencing your students as you would want to fix lectures at your own convenient time. There are thousands of sound minds who are willing and are qualified to lecture, but the same lecturers who are into this selfish racketeering do everything possible to frustrate them through unnecessary requirements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB Change Of Institution In Ikoyi, Lagos Gone Wild (Photos) / Osun State University Uses Chelsea And Man City Match As An Exam Question / Help! My Boss Has Been Charmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.