Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Rep. Katie Hill Resigns From Congress Amid Allegations Of Inappropriate Relation - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rep. Katie Hill Resigns From Congress Amid Allegations Of Inappropriate Relation (284 Views)

Boris Johnson Quits Parliament Over Allegations Of Partying During COVID lockdow / Donald Trump Resigns From the US Actors Union / Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rep. Katie Hill Resigns From Congress Amid Allegations Of Inappropriate Relation by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 28, 2019
Following allegations of inappropriate sexual relations with a congressional staffer, Rep.Katie Hill, D-Calif., announced her resignation from Congress Sunday night.
“It is with a broken heart that today I announce my resignation from Congress,” Hill said in a statement. “This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I believe it is the best thing for my constituents, my community, and our country.”
Hill said she’s leaving office so that no one else who supported her will be hurt by the ongoing scandal.
"Having private photos of personal moments weaponized against me has been an appalling invasion of my privacy. It's also illegal, and we are currently pursuing all of our available legal options,” Hill continued in a statement. “However, I know that as long as I am in Congress, we'll live fearful of what might come next and how much it will hurt.
"I can no longer allow my community, family, friends, staff, supporters, and especially the children who look up to me as a role model, suffer this unprecedented brand of cruelty,” Hill said. “For the mistake made along the way and the people who have been hurt, I am so sorry.”

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said Hill made important contributions in her short time in Congress, but that the integrity of Congress must be ensured.
“Congresswoman Katie Hill came to Congress with a powerful commitment to her community and a bright vision for the future, and has made a great contribution as a leader of the Freshman Class," Pelosi said in a statement Sunday night. "She has acknowledged errors in judgment that made her continued service as a Member untenable. We must ensure a climate of integrity and dignity in the Congress, and in all workplaces.”

Re: Rep. Katie Hill Resigns From Congress Amid Allegations Of Inappropriate Relation by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2019
[https://afrinewsreport..com/2019/10/rep-katie-hill-resigns-from-congress.html author=Victorbet14 post=83524772]See below[/quote]
Re: Rep. Katie Hill Resigns From Congress Amid Allegations Of Inappropriate Relation by Jasen1(m): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2019
Better country

So she cannot answer call of nature in peace again because she's a Rep. Member

People self
Re: Rep. Katie Hill Resigns From Congress Amid Allegations Of Inappropriate Relation by nauto5: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
I will come back to comment

(1) (Reply)

Alibaba's '11.11' Sale Hit RM124 Billion At 4.31pm / ISIS Claims Responsibility For London Bridge Stabbing Attack / Democratic Contender, Biden, Says He Would Consider A Republican Running Mate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.