Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

6 Reasons Why You Need Braces - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces (25052 Views)

How To Know You Need Braces / I Need Dental Braces Madly, I Can't Keep Up Anymore. / Cost Of Dental Braces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by damo53(m): 1:03am On Oct 29, 2019
0neal:

From your little experience Sir, what's is the estimated amount for two upper teeth implant
In a teaching hospital it about 250k each..( per tooth)
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by cucumbar: 7:38am On Oct 29, 2019
That thing looks irritating to me sha. Wrong dentition can be corrected in some other ways.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by greenalwaz: 8:36am On Oct 29, 2019
Dentalgist:
Whether young or old, there is never a late time to discuss with your dentist on the need for Braces. Scattered or crooked teeth have profound effects on individuals’ self-esteem, confidence, relationships. The negative impacts are countless. The good news is that not ‘well-arranged’ set of teeth can be arranged, thanks to the Orthodontists, dentists specialized in the arrangement of teeth.

In this write-up, we have highlighted 6 reasons why you may need Braces:

1. Crossbites
Crossbites occur when the jaw deviates to one side with an improper fit of the upper and lower teeth from left to right or front to back.

Crossbites can lead to worn and chipped teeth, jaw pain and asymmetric growth of the jaws. Left untreated, the crossbite will require more extensive treatment later in life and significant jaw surgery in the most-severe cases.

2. Underbites
When the lower jaw sits forward of the upper jaw.

Do your lower teeth overlap your top front teeth when you smile? If so, you may have an underbite a dentist can correct. If left untreated, an underbite can increase your risk of injury while eating or talking.

When the lower jaw sits forward of the upper jaw.

3. Open bites

When the front teeth don’t touch.

Smile in front of the mirror. Is there a noticeable gap between your upper and lower teeth? If so, you may have an openbite. Patients with openbites often have difficulty eating or speaking. They may also have embarrassing habits, such as tongue thrusting. If you have an openbite, we can correct your smile with teeth braces.

4. Deep bites
A deep overbite or deep bite occurs when the lower front teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper front teeth in the roof of the mouth. … A deep bite can damage the health and function of your jaw and may cause damage to your teeth and gums.

5. Crowded Teeth
Crowded teeth can make it difficult to brush and floss. Fortunately, your dentist orthodontist can get you started on the right orthodontic treatment for your smile

6. Spaces Between Teeth
Closing the gaps in your smile is more than just a cosmetic concern, it’ll also help protect your oral health. If your teeth are widely spaced apart, food particles can get stuck along your gums to cause bad breath, gum disease, and other issues.

Plaque and tartar love to hide in between teeth, especially if they’re irregularly spaced.

https://dentalgist.ng/10-reasons-why-you-need-braces

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by nauto5: 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nawa Not even 2
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by okikiosibodu(m): 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2019
Biglittlelois:

It's 250k.
Hi... Can you kindly inform me on how long braces have to stay on the teeth to correct a "scattered" dentition?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Biglittlelois(f): 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Hi... Can you kindly inform me on how long braces have to stay on the teeth to correct a "scattered" dentition?

It is 2 years give or take, for a completely scattered dentition, I don't know how long it will take to keep the braces but it's an all round braces, you have to go for realignment every six weeks cos they have to always position the teeth correctly, and you'd be told what to eat and not to eat, it's a long process but it is worth it, hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by okikiosibodu(m): 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
Biglittlelois:

It is 2 years give or take, for a completely scattered dentition, I don't know how long it will take to keep the braces but it's an all round braces, you have to go for realignment every six weeks cos they have to always position the teeth correctly, and you'd be told what to eat and not to eat, it's a long process but it is worth it, hope this helps.
Yes it does.. I have a "wonderful" lower dentition visible only at close range... I am getting scared for the price and duration ooooooo embarassed
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Biglittlelois(f): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Yes it does.. I have a "wonderful" lower dentition visible only at close range... I am getting scared for the price and duration ooooooo embarassed

Sometimes one has to do the needful to improve ones appearance and health, it is well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Sparekey(m): 10:27am On Mar 25, 2020
EmekaMD:
Ask me about braces.
Im wearing mine presently

Please how much did it cost it?

And where did you do it
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by cruzydal(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2020
Biglittlelois:

It's 250k.
Did you do it in Luth ? Sorry to ask . I’m always scared of government stuffs cause they treat people anyhow
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Tenzilla: 11:08am On Nov 11, 2020
Pretty useful post, I always wanted to visit a dentist, but I am afraid of it, even I am a 30 years old grown man with 2 kids at home. Yeah, since I was a child I've hated visiting the dentist because every time I visited him, it was painful. Happily today I found out about a new dental clinic on https://thehealthysmile.net/. They have a pretty cool service, with the newest machines available on the market, and with the best dentists you can find in our town. Furthermore, their prices are affordable, and you can get even a discount there. Take your chances and go there because you won't be disappointed.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by emmanuilteleshe(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
Tenzilla:
Pretty useful post, I always wanted to visit a dentist, but I am afraid of it, even I am a 30 years old grown man with 2 kids at home. Yeah, since I was a child I've hated visiting the dentist because every time I visited him, it was painful. Happily today I found out about a new dental clinic on https://thehealthysmile.net/. They have a pretty cool service, with the newest machines available on the market, and with the best dentists you can find in our town. Furthermore, their prices are affordable, and you can get even a discount there. Take your chances and go there because you won't be disappointed.
I'll check this later
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by dehyor(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Nope, it's 250k, I'm about to fix one, I'd advise anyone to go to a teaching hospital, cos it's very expensive in a private hospital or dental clinic, more like 350k and above there.

Please have you gotten it, what was your experience getting it at luth and how much do you think it would cost now
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Biglittlelois(f): 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
dehyor:

Please have you gotten it, what was your experience getting it at luth and how much do you think it would cost now

Yes I have, it was a painful experience, felt numbness and pains afterwards in my mouth for like a week, cost was 250k...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by dehyor(m): 10:07am On Feb 03, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Yes I have, it was a painful experience, felt numbness and pains afterwards in my mouth for like a week, cost was 250k...

Wow, sorry about that. Would you advise getting at public hospital over private
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Biglittlelois(f): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
dehyor:

Wow, sorry about that. Would you advise getting at public hospital over private

Public hospital cos it's cheaper there.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Albertone(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Winnerly: 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Public hospital cos it's cheaper there.

Hi. I know this is an old post but did the braces work please? Is there noticeable difference in result

I visited a dental clinic in ikoyi and they said it’s between 1M to 3M
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Biglittlelois(f): 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
Winnerly:

Hi. I know this is an old post but did the braces work please?

I visited a dental clinic in ikoyi and they said it’s between 1M to 3M

Hello it worked, I'm still using it, I did mine in Luth for 250k plus other expenses, it's too expensive in private clinics so I'd advice you do it at government hospitals.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Winnerly: 6:05am On Apr 17, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Hello it worked, I'm still using it, I did mine in Luth for 250k plus other expenses, it's too expensive in private clinics so I'd advice you do it at government hospitals.

Okay thanks alot!!
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by 21sailor: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
cucumbar:
That thing looks irritating to me sha. Wrong dentition can be corrected in some other ways.

How please??
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Imbecilicsamuel: 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Nope, it's 250k, I'm about to fix one, I'd advise anyone to go to a teaching hospital, cos it's very expensive in a private hospital or dental clinic, more like 350k and above there.

Hello. Did you still fix your braces? Did it work?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Imbecilicsamuel: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
EmekaMD:
Ask me about braces.
Im wearing mine presently

Hello.
Did the braces work for you?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by EmekaMD(m): 12:05am On Apr 18, 2022
Imbecilicsamuel:

Hello.
Did the braces work for you?
oh yeah.
I'm still on retainers now
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by 21sailor: 6:59am On Apr 18, 2022
EmekaMD:
oh yeah.

Are retainers meant to be worn for life?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by EmekaMD(m): 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
21sailor:

Are retainers meant to be worn for life?
no. For as long as your teeth have stopped moving.
Braces shift your teeth into the perfect positions but they could still move when you remove the braces.
So you get retainers to keep them in that position until they are fully formed and won't move again.

I'm not sure of a perfect timeline for retainers.
But between 1 to 3 years I guess.

Retainers are not comfortable and you can remove them, brush and them place them back yourself. Unlike braces
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by 21sailor: 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
EmekaMD:
Braces shift your teeth into the perfect positions but they could still move when you remove the braces.
So you get retainers to keep them in that position until they are fully formed and won't move again.

Okay thanks for the reply.
Another one, so if I'm going every six weeks for realignment will I pay them each visit?

Retainers are not comfortable and you can remove them, brush and them place them back yourself. Unlike braces
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by EmekaMD(m): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=21sailor post=112058858][/quote]depends on ur payment arrangement with your dentist.
Full payment usually covers for all the alignments and whatnot. But you can also agree to pay on installments. So does payments may be made during those subsequent visits for realignment
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by 21sailor: 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
EmekaMD:
depends on ur payment arrangement with your dentist.
Full payment usually covers for all the alignments and whatnot. But you can also agree to pay on installments. So does payments may be made during those subsequent visits for realignment

Alright boss
Thanks.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by Imbecilicsamuel: 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
EmekaMD:
oh yeah.

What's your own aim? Alignment or to straighten buck teeth?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by capricornlady: 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
EmekaMD:

How much for retainers? Are retainers compulsory? Do you feel any pain or discomfort when you took off your braces? Can the teeth move again? like going back to how they were?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces by EmekaMD(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
capricornlady:
How much for retainers? Are retainers compulsory? Do you feel any pain or discomfort when you took off your braces? Can the teeth move again? like going back to how they were?
that my post was made long ago and so my retainers are off and my teeth look awesome now.

I'm not sure how much im 9ja if thats where you are inquiring from. Had mine done in another country.

Braces are painful at first, but they feel more comfortable with time. When you take them off you feel pain again because the teeth would try to move back to initial positions.

Teeth would try to move back without retainers. which is why you get retainers immediately after getting off braces ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak / Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada / COVID-19: Lagos Adopts Biosecurity Measures At Abattoir, Slaughter Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.