Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

How To Make Money From Home In Nigeria Through Freelancing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Make Money From Home In Nigeria Through Freelancing (690 Views)

16yrs Old Boy Made Millions In Nigeria Through Coding / Want To Monetize Your Skills 10x Through Freelancing In 2022??!! Get In Here!! / 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money From Home In Nigeria Through Freelancing by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,

Hope your week is going well so far?

For those looking for ways to make money from home in Nigeria, try freelancing for a start (if you have what it takes). Meanwhile you can request for a free ebook on 20 home businesses you can start in Nigeria by sending me an email: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com.

Freelancing is a very lucrative venture but I must warn you, it is very tough. The freelance world is highly competitive but there are a few tips you can use to gain entry and I have personally used these methods to earn a decent living online from my home with just a laptop, internet connection, an email and a telephone.

Find the 6 steps I have used in the past on how to make money from home in Nigeria with freelancing. This is an excerpt from one of my blog post;

Step #1 Join a Freelance Marketplace
I personally will recommend not joining more than one freelance website at a time. Like I said earlier my personal preference is www.upwork.com although getting approved is difficult but they offer better incentives for freelancers than the other freelance websites I know of. But the website you choose to join is entirely up to you. Still do some more research of your own to decide which one will serve you best.

Step #2 Build your Profile
Before anyone can hire you for a job, they will need to see something about you that will make them interested in chatting you up. That thing must be a profile which will tell them what you are good at, how you can help them achieve their goals and even your rates. It must be very persuasive but also brief and should position you as an expert in that area. It makes sense to also offer some discount for first time employers who work with you to entice them to try you. But the best way to build your profile is to deliver very well on jobs given to you.

Step #3 Build a portfolio of sample Jobs
Sometimes the employers would ask for sample jobs to know how qualified and prepared you are to take up the job. That would mean having up to 10 sample jobs ready in your portfolio. You can even attach these sample jobs to your profile for employers to view. This can serve as advertisement for your work in a very competitive freelance marketplace.

Step #4 Start bidding for Jobs
Once you have some sample jobs prepared and added to your profile, you can now start bidding for jobs. This is usually the hardest part of the money making process because it will take a lot out of employers to try out a freelancer without any reviews on the website. Hiring you for the job may prove risky to many employers so they would rather not waste their time trying you out but don’t give up. It took me two months to land my first gig on freelancer and when I discovered I could source for clients outside the marketplace on my own then I started blogging to source for clients instead.

Step #5 Promote your work on Social Media and Related Blogs
Another way to make money as a freelancer is to use social media and blogs to promote your work. Let’s say you are into graphics design, there are social media websites that enable users to share pictures and graphical images such as pinterest and twitter. You can actually promote your work on these social media platforms to attract potential clients. Linkedin is another fantastic place to promote your freelance work. Then try guest blogging on popular but related blogs (blogs about the skill that you are into) to share your work to an online audience.

Step #6 Get Paid after delivering on Job
The final part of the freelance online money making process which will lead to you getting paid in naira. There are different options available. One is to be paid through payoneer (you can withdraw it in Nigeria with your Mastercard). Another option is through Bank Checks. This second method involves you paying the check into your domiciliary account and cashing it out after 10 working days. I did this several times when I was still making good money with google adsense. The third option and this is more common with www.upwork.com is to get paid straight into your naira savings account. Once you reach the threshold amount you can request for payment and it will reflect straight to your bank account in less than 5 working days.

Source: https://www.make-money-online.com.ng/2019/10/how-to-make-money-online-in-nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money From Home In Nigeria Through Freelancing by nauto5: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2019
I am learning
Re: How To Make Money From Home In Nigeria Through Freelancing by nams77: 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nigeriahomebiz:
Hello Nairalanders,

Hope your week is going well so far?

For those looking for ways to make money from home in Nigeria, try freelancing for a start (if you have what it takes). Meanwhile you can request for a free ebook on 20 home businesses you can start in Nigeria by sending me an email: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com.

Freelancing is a very lucrative venture but I must warn you, it is very tough. The freelance world is highly competitive but there are a few tips you can use to gain entry and I have personally used these methods to earn a decent living online from my home with just a laptop, internet connection, an email and a telephone.

Find the 6 steps I have used in the past on how to make money from home in Nigeria with freelancing. This is an excerpt from one of my blog post;

Step #1 Join a Freelance Marketplace
I personally will recommend not joining more than one freelance website at a time. Like I said earlier my personal preference is www.upwork.com although getting approved is difficult but they offer better incentives for freelancers than the other freelance websites I know of. But the website you choose to join is entirely up to you. Still do some more research of your own to decide which one will serve you best.

Step #2 Build your Profile
Before anyone can hire you for a job, they will need to see something about you that will make them interested in chatting you up. That thing must be a profile which will tell them what you are good at, how you can help them achieve their goals and even your rates. It must be very persuasive but also brief and should position you as an expert in that area. It makes sense to also offer some discount for first time employers who work with you to entice them to try you. But the best way to build your profile is to deliver very well on jobs given to you.

Step #3 Build a portfolio of sample Jobs
Sometimes the employers would ask for sample jobs to know how qualified and prepared you are to take up the job. That would mean having up to 10 sample jobs ready in your portfolio. You can even attach these sample jobs to your profile for employers to view. This can serve as advertisement for your work in a very competitive freelance marketplace.

Step #4 Start bidding for Jobs
Once you have some sample jobs prepared and added to your profile, you can now start bidding for jobs. This is usually the hardest part of the money making process because it will take a lot out of employers to try out a freelancer without any reviews on the website. Hiring you for the job may prove risky to many employers so they would rather not waste their time trying you out but don’t give up. It took me two months to land my first gig on freelancer and when I discovered I could source for clients outside the marketplace on my own then I started blogging to source for clients instead.

Step #5 Promote your work on Social Media and Related Blogs
Another way to make money as a freelancer is to use social media and blogs to promote your work. Let’s say you are into graphics design, there are social media websites that enable users to share pictures and graphical images such as pinterest and twitter. You can actually promote your work on these social media platforms to attract potential clients. Linkedin is another fantastic place to promote your freelance work. Then try guest blogging on popular but related blogs (blogs about the skill that you are into) to share your work to an online audience.

Step #6 Get Paid after delivering on Job
The final part of the freelance online money making process which will lead to you getting paid in naira. There are different options available. One is to be paid through payoneer (you can withdraw it in Nigeria with your Mastercard). Another option is through Bank Checks. This second method involves you paying the check into your domiciliary account and cashing it out after 10 working days. I did this several times when I was still making good money with google adsense. The third option and this is more common with www.upwork.com is to get paid straight into your naira savings account. Once you reach the threshold amount you can request for payment and it will reflect straight to your bank account in less than 5 working days.

Source: https://www.make-money-online.com.ng/2019/10/how-to-make-money-online-in-nigeria.html
Kindly list some marketable skills
Re: How To Make Money From Home In Nigeria Through Freelancing by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
My dear nairaland people.

I have been off for some months, but things will change.

More posting coming soon!
Re: How To Make Money From Home In Nigeria Through Freelancing by meekparagon(m): 2:24am On Apr 27, 2020
Chat me up on whatsapp 08170505328 please

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of A Beautiful Nigerian Female Police Officer Goes Viral / Side-hustle: Six Digital Skills To Develop In 2022 (free + Certificate) / Moving Back To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.