Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One (20482 Views)

Drop The Name Nigeria, It's Demeaning: Wole Olanipekun Advocates Restructuring / Soldiers Arrest Igboho's Cat Because They Thought He Changed To Cat / Governor Akeredolu Tested For Coronavirus After A Meeting With A Positive Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Cvesta(m): 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
The nomenclature doesn't matter. The attitude and behavioural disposition is of more essence
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Kennyswagz1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:
this people well so? so na name dey cause backwardnes
as them to tell you the meaning of biafra now, them go they look you like say you dey speak swahili

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
wailers
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Biafraaa: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
They are mocking "Ya ri ba" sorry i mean Yoruba with in a way.
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Wallace2107: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
simpleseyi:
Mad people everywhere. So this is what Ohanaeze has reduced itself to? But, wetin concern Biafrans with Nigeria's name?
I dey wonder too
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by phylshan: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
SoNature:

Good idea, but what does I represent?
MI represent the first two letters of Middle Belt

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
unbitchable:
You can't have sense until you finally jam someone who would pity you enough to marry you.
Dayuuuuuum! That's harsh
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by FuckDaMods: 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
ProWalker:
These people love the sound of their voice. They just want to say anything to remain in the public space
You must be feeling important and superior thanks to Nairaland, meanwhile you a nobody that is likely living in a slum and struggling to make ends meet.
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Seunpaul01(m): 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
Another reason not to give the Ohanezes power to rule the country. They will just use the opportunity to change the name from Nigeria to Biafra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by djbussy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2019
Arrest this man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by joepepsy(m): 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2019
For this small situation you dey use all these grammar? easy oo, we too dey over do, the brits don't take English serious the way we do.
Cvesta:
The nomenclature doesn't matter. The attitude and behavioural disposition is of more essence
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by abbey621(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2019
Why do people now blame those who say Igbos would sell this country if given the chance to rule? This statement from one of their highly respected representation looks like a confirmation. Change the name Akpu to Cassava, will it not taste the same? Would Nigeria's problem magically vanish becuase we changed our name? Sometimes I wonder if there's something in the water or the food we eat because most Nigerians nowadays speaks and acts like drunkards, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa/Fulani all the same.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by adenigga(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2019
gidgiddy:
A Nigerian is just an African who Lord Lugards wife named after a River.

Quite disgraceful

Possibly, Nigeria might be suffering from mermaid/river goddess curse!

Let our so called pastors & imams help enquire from heaven, maybe there will be solution provided they too will not seize that as opportunity to rake in money in the name of intervention o!
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Anglojosite7(m): 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
What business do they have with Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by ProWalker: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2019
FuckDaMods:

You must be feeling important and superior thanks to Nairaland, meanwhile you a nobody that is likely living in a slum and struggling to make ends meet.

That is your opinion. Stop getting angry and allowing issues of NL to get under your skin easily
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by nakaman: 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2019
I dont even tell people am a nigerian
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Cvesta(m): 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2019
joepepsy:
For this small situation you dey use all these grammar? easy oo, we too dey over do, the brits don't take English serious the way we do.

Hahaha. I. No speak grammar oo. Just saying changing a dogs name doesn't stop it from being a dog
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by maxiflexy(m): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
i suggest United States of Africa grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by klax(m): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
I said it here before that the name Nigeria is a wrong name with strange meaning but some die hard educated illiterate came on board to insulted me.

Word is enough for the wise. I know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Kossym(m): 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2019
It's true we need rebranding
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by farem: 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2019
sarrki:

https://thenationonlineng.net/ohanaeze-wants-name-nigeria-changed/

That goes to say that the Igbo presidency is still not the solution!
-Ọhaneze
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by JonDon12: 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
Well the local name for the Niger River is Kwara . So lets change it to Kwaralia or Kwara Republic. Or Benue Republic. But Ohaneze is right. The fact that we still have the name Nigeria shows how little effort our government puts into running our country.
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by unbitchable(m): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Dayuuuuuum! That's harsh
how old are you now
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Fallenhunter: 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2019
Name changes dont make a country successful or unsuccessful. Countries that changed their colonial name haven't suddenly become successful, have they?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2019
unbitchable:

how old are you now
Does it matter? Pls don't stress me biko.
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Balenciagabrain: 4:13pm On Oct 28, 2019
Of course the name Nigeria would definitely take a new shape someday. At worse we would be called "New Nigeria".

Time and chance happens to everything under the sun!
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by unbitchable(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Does it matter? Pls don't stress me biko.
you should consider egg freezing.
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Omonaijani: 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
unbitchable:

you should consider egg freezing.
How does any of it concern you? Or you just an unfortunate pained fellow? If we had something in d past, abeg forgive and move on. No need snooping around other people's business.
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by unbitchable(m): 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
How does any of it concern you? Or you just an unfortunate pained fellow? If we had something in d past, abeg forgive and move on. No need snooping around other people's business.
Then try adopt a child, you're getting old na
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2019
unbitchable:

Then try adopt a child, you're getting old na
How that one take affect ur life?
Re: Ohanaeze Wants The Name Nigeria Changed To A Positive One by jimyjames(m): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
Omoodua007:
Biafra is a portugese word like Lagos so they should fix that first

Dont just say Biafra is a Portuguese name, What does Biafra mean in Portuguese?, cause I know Lagos means lagoon or lake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum / INEC Clears Air On Abandoning Electronic Transmission Of Result For Manual / Kidnappers Terrorise Ogun Communities, Residents Lament Ordeals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.