Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode (11017 Views)

Dele Momodu Reacts As Governor Ambode Concedes Defeat / Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by Demzlent(m): 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2019
Why I was removed as Governor*

1) I constructed 22 roads in Alimosho and refused to award any of the contracts to Aregbesola and co.

2) I insisted that contracts that had been awarded to party leaders under Fashola must be executed before they can be awarded new contracts under my regime.

3) I wanted to phase out Danfos and Area boys from the streets of Lagos and introduce smarter means of transportation without Area boys and Agberos.

4) I refused to pad the budget with 10% for house of assembly members led by Bayo Osinowo and Mudashir Obasa.

5) I refused to grant the concession of 4th mainland bridge to Tinubu’s Hitech

6) I refused to increase the amount of money being paid from the state revenue to Tinubu through Alpha Beta from 10% to 20%

7) I developed Epe. Epe was never in their master plan.

� I refused to support Aregbesola and Bayo Osinowo’s senatorial ambitions because they are not Lagosians.

9) I refused to use Lagos state funds to finance osun elections.

10) I opposed Tinubu’s succession plan, which will see his son Seyi Tinubu becoming the next Governor of Lagos state after me.

SPONSORED BY
AMBODE SUPPORT GROUP

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by scribble: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2019
Tinubu na wa o

6 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by Cajal(m): 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
Demzlent:

1) I constructed 22 roads in Alimosho and refused to award any of the contracts to Aregbesola and co.

2) I insisted that contracts that had been awarded to party leaders under Fashola must be executed before they can be awarded new contracts under my regime.

3) I wanted to phase out Danfos and Area boys from the streets of Lagos and introduce smarter means of transportation without Area boys and Agberos.

4) I refused to pad the budget with 10% for house of assembly members led by Bayo Osinowo and Mudashir Obasa.

6) I refused to increase the amount of money being paid from the state revenue to Tinubu through Alpha Beta from 10% to 20%

� I refused to support Aregbesola and Bayo Osinowo’s senatorial ambitions because they are not Lagosians.

10) I opposed Tinubu’s succession plan, which will see his son Seyi Tinubu becoming the next Governor of Lagos state after me.

SPONSORED BY
AMBODE SUPPORT GROUP
..u want to kill him politically patapata by insinuating all these
Arrogance and sole administrative style removed from office
Argue with facts

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by clarocuzioo(m): 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
Q
Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
Well.. In all, everything in life is a lesson. Life is a journey too.

I will be happy to hear these from Ambode himself

2 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by comradewanle(m): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2019
Was that all?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by duullie88(m): 11:56pm On Oct 28, 2019
G

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by sholatech(m): 12:02am On Oct 29, 2019
Another war wan start oo

2 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by Bakerdav: 12:03am On Oct 29, 2019
Thiefu tinubu

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by festacman(m): 12:20am On Oct 29, 2019
Wild statement by a faceless organization weigh nothing really.

The sorry state of Lagos state environment today including deteriorating road infrastructure are clear evidence that removing Gov. Ambode may not have been a bad decision.

Moreover, I am sure that Ambode would have been more than willing and ready to meet conditions worse than the ones listed to remain the governor. In any case, the jury is still out on how he used the resources of the state.

Many better governorship aspirants were overlooked in 2015 for him to become the governor. Having that 'jagabanic' favour, he cannot be classified as a pure breed democrat. His records of perfomance do not portray him as a saint either.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by leofab(f): 1:15am On Oct 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by leofab(f): 1:15am On Oct 29, 2019
Mrs Ambode
Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by MetaPhysical: 1:31am On Oct 29, 2019
festacman:

The sorry state of Lagos state environment today including deteriorating road infrastructure are clear evidence that removing Gov. Ambode may not have been a bad decision.

Moreover, I am sure that Ambode would have been more than willing and ready to meet conditions worse than the ones listed to remain the governor. In any case, the jury is still out on how he used the resources of the state.

Many better governorship aspirants were overlooked in 2015 for him to become the governor. Having that 'jagabanic' favour, he cannot be classified as a pure breed democrat. His records of perfomance do not portray him as a saint either.

Shut up and stop repeating rumour mill you picked up on internet.
Lagos roads are always in need of maintenance. If you repair a road completely today by next morning, 24hrs after, it is already showing sign of degradation. Why? The number of roads that ply Lagos roads in a day, roads in some States in Nigeria do not get that much traffic in a year. The material we use for road that support 1 million traffic a day is the same we have used back when traffic was only 20,000 a day, and even back then they needed continous maintenance. So it;'s like demand on the road has surged but we kept using the same material to surface the road. We need a change in material and better traffic routing and management.

Dont let me hear you repeat that nonsense about a Governor in Lagos doing bad job about roads. No Governor of Lagos, beside General Mobolaji Johnson, has ever or will ever contain bad road problem adequately. Never....unless we come up with a different design and strategy for road usage. Road condition should be excluded from a Governor's performance in Lagos.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by unbitchable(m): 1:35am On Oct 29, 2019
Next is " Why I wasn't appointed by Buhari "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by MetaPhysical: 1:40am On Oct 29, 2019
I will say this to all people in Lagos that expect Governor to fix roads. Infrastructures in Lagos is awarded to contractors. It is not Governor that fix your roads, it is contractors that fix your roads. These contractors post their company name and sign on a board when they start work. Take a picture of it. When your road start to go bad these are the people you should responsible. If they collected 10million for a road but spend 1million and the road does not last, it is not the Governor's responsibility. The contractor is liable. So come online, and instead of bashing Governor, start posting the contractor name and bash them. In fact, ask for contractors that do bad job to be blacklisted from Government contract. This is how you improve your community and its roads, if you are serious!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by unbitchable(m): 1:44am On Oct 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Shut up and stop repeating rumour mill you picked up on internet.
Lagos roads are always in need of maintenance. If you repair a road completely today by next morning, 24hrs after, it is already showing sign of degradation. Why? The number of roads that ply Lagos roads in a day, roads in some States in Nigeria do not get that much traffic in a year. The material we use for road that support 1 million traffic a day is the same we have used back when traffic was only 20,000 a day, and even back then they needed continous maintenance. So it;'s like demand on the road has surged but we kept using the same material to surface the road. We need a change in material and better traffic routing and management.

Dont let me hear you repeat that nonsense about a Governor in Lagos doing bad job about roads. No Governor of Lagos, beside General Mobolaji Johnson, has ever or will ever contain bad road problem adequately. Never....unless we come up with a different design and strategy for road usage. Road condition should be excluded from a Governor's performance in Lagos.
And Lagos got ridiculously dirty after he abandoned Fashola's model. How do you explain that.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by MetaPhysical: 1:57am On Oct 29, 2019
unbitchable:

And Lagos got ridiculously dirty after he abandoned Fashola's model. How do you explain that.

Thats not true!

There is a video on internet done about filth in Lagos. It was done prior to Ambode. Lagos has more demand on it than it can manage in sanitation, road safety, fire safety, health and wellness, community planning. This is the truth.

It is possible to keep Lagos spotless and well sanitized. Many people will go to jail and serve as lessons for other violators before we can get to that point. Lagos State has sanitation law that dates back to 1940s, and they are still very valid. If govt executes and enforces them the jails will fill up in one day of operation alone. Many houses and shops will also stand to be condemned and demolished. Govt can do that. Can citizens accept that outcome?

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by unbitchable(m): 2:03am On Oct 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Thats not true!

There is a video on internet done about filth in Lagos. It was done prior to Ambode. Lagos has more demand on it than it can manage in sanitation, road safety, fire safety, health and wellness, community planning. This is the truth.

It is possible to keep Lagos spotless and well sanitized. Many people will go to jail and serve as lessons for other violators before we can get to that point. Lagos State has sanitation law that dates back to 1940s, and they are still very valid. If govt executes and enforces them the jails will fill up in one day of operation alone. Many houses and shops will also stand to be condemned and demolished. Govt can do that. Can citizens accept that outcome?
But we witnessed a cleaner Lagos under Fashola with a working model but a dirtier Lagos under Ambode.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by NGpatriot: 2:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Ambode is dumb, but not stupid enough to write this rubbish or associate himself with the writers, but they are of course, ipob bloggers..

7 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by MetaPhysical: 2:24am On Oct 29, 2019
unbitchable:

But we witnessed a cleaner Lagos under Fashola with a working model but a dirtier Lagos under Ambode.

Lagos was not cleaner under Fashola. Was Fashola not the one that shut down Ladipo Market? Why does a Governor need to take such action to get a community in his State clean? Cleaniliness is the responsibility of individual communities, not the role of a Governor to start going to a community and threatening them before they would clean their own environment. Ambode does not owe you a clean environment, you owe yourself a clean environment. Ambode owes you a mandate to punish those who violate the Keep Lagos Clean Edict. If he did, you would still crucify him, even worse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by MetaPhysical: 2:27am On Oct 29, 2019
NGpatriot:
Ambode is dumb, but not stupid enough to write this rubbish or associate himself with the writers, but they are pf course, ipob bloggers..

grin
I am dealing with some of them already. They want Ambode to attack Tinubu and reveal what he knows so they can derail Tinubu's 2023 ambition for an Ibo opportunity. Well, since Ambode is not talking....they want to talk for him and provoke his opponents...thus start a Tinubu-Ambode war.

Ibo agenda is a dumb agenda. We are here to shut it down!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by Bola146(f): 2:30am On Oct 29, 2019
I pity Ambode seriously..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by drmikeadams(m): 2:37am On Oct 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I will say this to all people in Lagos that expect Governor to fix roads. Infrastructures in Lagos is awarded to contractors. It is not Governor that fix your roads, it is contractors that fix your roads. These contractors post their company name and sign on a board when they start work. Take a picture of it. When your road start to go bad these are the people you should responsible. If they collected 10million for a road but spend 1million and the road does not last, it is not the Governor's responsibility. The contractor is liable. So come online, and instead of bashing Governor, start posting the contractor name and bash them. In fact, ask for contractors that do bad job to be blacklisted from Government contract. This is how you improve your community and its roads, if you are serious!
angry grin. Na em be say ebonyi state governor dey foolish to dey waka the state dey supervise road Construction in that state?
Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by Kpoikpoi: 3:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Demzlent:

SPONSORED BY
AMBODE SUPPORT GROUP
Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by Kpoikpoi: 3:10am On Oct 29, 2019
Number 11- They removed me because I was a very arrogant and unapproachable governor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by NGpatriot: 3:14am On Oct 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Lagos was not cleaner under Fashola. Was Fashola not the one that shut down Ladipo Market? Why does a Governor need to take such action to get a community in his State clean? Cleaniliness is the responsibility of individual communities, not the role of a Governor to start going to a community and threatening them before they would clean their own environment. Ambode does not owe you a clean environment, you owe yourself a clean environment. Ambode owes you a mandate to punish those who violate the Keep Lagos Clean Edict. If he did, you would still crucify him, even worse.

It's the government's job to regulate, make and enforce environmental laws. Only negligent, incompetent and irresponsible governments sit around while people destroy the environment because of lazinness, greed, and sabotage.

Ambode was naturally incompetent, ill-equipped and out of focus, Fashola's exit exposed his incompetens and lack of preparedness which led to a total breakdown of physical and environmental infrastructure.

The roads collapsed and left to rot, refuse pilled up all over the state, total abandonment of ongoing projects from waste management to schools, housing estate, waterworks, hospitals, metro rail, 4th mainland and so on.

There's a reason why Lagossians didn't shed tears or raise a finger to save his lazy ass..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by GoodofNaija: 3:14am On Oct 29, 2019
No wonder the looter of bourdillon is desperate to eliminate him shocked

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by chriskosherbal(m): 3:20am On Oct 29, 2019
festacman:

well I may not have the time to write long epistle but I beg to differ with the above, if what is going on at Ibeju lekki is anything to go by I will say this man is a visionary leader and would have been (still) one of the best Governors Lagos will ever produce.

Be that as it may, Him not be given the second term is not connected to poor performance but to other factors which I think are the activities that goes off camera in politics in Nigeria .

Eko oni baje...

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by ZZ22: 3:35am On Oct 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin
I am dealing with some of them already. They want Ambode to attack Tinubu and reveal what he knows so they can derail Tinubu's 2023 ambition for an Ibo opportunity. Well, since Ambode is not talking....they want to talk for him and provoke his opponents...thus start a Tinubu-Ambode war.

Ibo agenda is a dumb agenda. We are here to shut it down!
Get a life boy and limit your fear of Igbos. This is midnight but the thought of Igbos has kept sleep away from your eyes. Just limit that fear as Igbos don't really know you exist

3 Likes

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by MetaPhysical: 3:48am On Oct 29, 2019
NGpatriot:

It's the government's job to regulate, make and enforce environmental laws. Only negligent, incompetent and irresponsible governments sit around while people destroy the environment because of lazinness, greed, and sabotage.

Ambode was naturally incompetent, ill-equipped and out of focus, Fashola's exit exposed his incompetens and lack of preparedness which led to a total breakdown of physical and environmental infrastructure.

The roads collapsed and left to rot, refuse pilled up all over the state, total abandonment of ongoing projects from waste management to schools, housing estate, waterworks, hospitals, metro rail, 4th mainland and so on.

There's a reason why Lagossians didn't shed tears or raise a finger to save his lazy ass..

You have a warped understanding of a Governor's role. This is possible because these Governors fail to stay within boundary of their roles and always step-over into roles reserved for Commissioners and Council Chairmen. This ego-trip, common amongst Governors, have turned out to inform the public wrongly on the expectations of Government and its Chief Executive.

No Governor should be executing road inspection and commissioning. Never, ever! We are grossly in a retrograde society.

Let me coach you a little my brother...
Under military administrations, Governors were usually in rank of Lt. Colonels. In military formations, Lt. Colonel is Commander of a Batallion. A batallion is less than the population of a city. In military structure he is a task master. In other words, a field officer.

The civilian administrations we have had since 1999 are still observing Military Governor traditions of acting as Field Officers. A civilian Governor is executive, the equivalent of a General in Army. Generals command multiple batallions and are political administrators, not field officers like Lt. Colonels. Our civilian Governors need to transition away from being Field Officers and become true EXECUTIVES. Jobs such as inspecting roads and making sure roads are done belong to Commissioners, LG Chairmen.

You have the liberty to misunderstand the role of an Executive Governor because you lack understanding in the root of the issue or how and why our Governors became project managers....like Fashola for instance visiting Ladipo Market to force them to clean the environment they are in and make money in. Very stewpid move on the Governors part. Were there no space in Jails around Lagos?
Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by MetaPhysical: 3:51am On Oct 29, 2019
ZZ22:
Get a life boy and limit your fear of Igbos. This is midnight but the thought of Igbos has kept sleep away from your eyes. Just limit that fear as Igbos don't really know you exist

grin grin

Kwenu! Kwenu!!

80 Ibos deported from Malaysia. Did you get news

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode by MetaPhysical: 3:54am On Oct 29, 2019
chriskosherbal:
well I may not have the time to write long epistle but I beg to differ with the above, if what is going on at Ibeju lekki is anything to go by I will say this man is a visionary leader and would have been (still) one of the best Governors Lagos will ever produce.

Be that as it may, Him not be given the second term is not connected to poor performance but to other factors which I think are the activities that goes off camera in politics in Nigeria .

Eko oni baje...

God bless Nigeria.

Dont mind these bad belle people jare! Even those who hold the helms of Lagos politics in their hands confessed that Ambode was not removed for performance but that he is distant and they are unable to reach Governor. I don't know how his inaccessibility now has turned to bashing about performance. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Halilu Shaba As NASRDA DG / Betta Edu Provides Free Healthcare For Vulnerable Women In Osun (Pictures) / A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.