Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

November Mini-Break to the UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / November Mini-Break to the UK (1881 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria / Pictures Of The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2010
After a four month recess  grin it's time for me to dust my passport and prepare for my next trip.

It's really a mini-break as I'm only taking three days off work  sad

My sister got married two weeks ago in Lagos and the new couple are having a wedding celebration in the UK for friends and family who were unable to attend.

As a sharp guy I have to represent the family in flesh so that's my excuse for this latest trip. . .

You may wish to revisit my last travel thread for a background on my adventures

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-469971.0.html

More to come
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
Itinerary is currently looking like this

19/11/10 Depart Lagos for London via British Airways

20/11/10 Arrive London Heathrow Terminal 5

7am - Get Breakfast at Angus Steak House

10:30am - Head to the Rocket in Islington to meet with fellow Gooners

11:45am - Head to the Emirates Stadium for the North London Derby

15:00pm - Head to Heathrow Airport

17:30pm - Depart Heathrow for Newcastle via British Airways

19:00pm - Family Dinner in Middlesborough

21/11/10 - Attend Church service in Middlesborough

14:00pm - Wedding Celebration in Sedgefields, Durham County

22/11/10 - Chill with family in Stockton

19:45pm - Depart Newcastle for London via British Airways

21:00pm - Arrive London Paddington via Heathrow Express (Check into Apartment)

23/11/10 - Chill in London Town

24/11/10 - Depart Heathrow for Lagos via British Airways
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by ishit4body(f): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2010
you have spent half of the time travelling and visiting stadia - what fun is that?

We do better in one day trip to Vegas.
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
ishit4body:

you have spent half of the time travelling and visiting stadia - what fun is that?

We do better in one day trip to Vegas.

Purpose of the trip is the Wedding Celebration not the Football Match. . .the match is take as a given.

How can I be in the UK when Arsenal is playing and not go to the Emirates. . . it's unheard of.

I have Vegas in view for next year. . . maybe we could go together
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by NobiGod: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
nice one ahonohai, wishing a nice on. ishit4body, is that u ? wink
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by DisGuy: 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bros na wetin, you dey work for British Airways? grin

Get your thermals-jacket,gloves,hats, muffler ready!!!

Enjoy your trip  wink
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by joxiri: 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2010
no offence but poster whats the purpose of this thread na british airways people never enter abi terminal 5
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by WAVixen: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2010
joxiri:

no offence but poster whats the purpose of this thread na british airways people never enter abi terminal 5
why must people always,always have a snide remark. Poster is happy about travelling and tells us, its not by force to comment, not every one can travel to London for 3 days. Enjoy your trip poster, buy us something o . grin
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2010
joxiri:

Here we go again!

WAVixen:

why must people always,always have a snide remark. Poster is happy about travelling and tells us, its not by force to comment, not every one can travel to London for 3 days. Enjoy your trip poster, buy us something o . grin

Well said!
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by joxiri: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2010
oh pls he is making such a big deal of going to the uk like he is going to the moon every tom dick and harry goes to the uk m8 he aint exactly flying 1st class now is he
if every1 came on here to boast about their tavel there will be no rooms for threads, if you have decent travel advice or suggestions pleas post
can you please explain how is mini break thread is of any help to any1 in the house
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by saintbajar(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2010
joxiri:

oh pls he is making such a big deal of going to the uk like he is going to the moon every tom manliness and harry goes to the uk m8 he aint exactly flying 1st class now is he
if every1 came on here to boast about their tavel there will be no rooms for threads, if you have decent travel advice or suggestions pleas post
can you please explain how is mini break thread is of any help to any1 in the house

@poster

go ahead and enjoy your trip

if the haters hate, let them hate

and watch you fly BA.

safe trip mahn.
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2010
joxiri:

oh pls he is making such a big deal of going to the uk like he is going to the moon every tom manliness and harry goes to the uk m8 he aint exactly flying 1st class now is he

He has [b]every [/b]right to post his travel plans. This section's not only about visa enquiries. If you dislike it so much, don't contribute, simple!
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 18, 2010
Thanks for all the comments.

For my first two nights I will be staying at with my sister and her husband at their house in Stockton near Middlesborough while for the remaining two nights I am booked in a Studio Apartment in Bayswater.

I made the booking through the website www.hostelbookers.com

Although the name suggests it is a website for hostels, they have recently started to include pricier hotels in their catalogue and I'm interested in seeing how the one I'm staying in turns out. I've stayed in all sort of hostels in London in the past for the "Fun Experience" but this time I decided to stay somewhere more quieter and cosy.

My other option was the Wembley Hilton but the proximity of Bayswater to Paddington swung my choice.
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 20, 2010
I arrived a few minutes ago, nothing serious opens till 9 and I can't find my sim card or my oyster card sad

I think I'm gonna find a nice corner of Heathrow to cuddle into till about 730 before going in search of breakfast and then replacing my sim,

After that I'm off to the Tollington in North London to meet with my fellow gooners @10Akhil, @StevieGooner, and @Keiththegooner before heading to the Emirates for the North London Derby.

After that, I'll hop back on the Express and head to Heathrow for my connecting flight to Newcastle.

smileys
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2010
The Tottenham game was an absolute shocker.

2-0 and we f**** it up. . .how more apt is that

Haven't seen the sun since I got here though. The weather has been the sh*t

Wedding celebration in Sedgefield went well yesterday

Today I'll just chill before heading back to London in the evening
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by DisGuy: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2010
pictures mon ami
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by toluxa1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2011
@ahonohai. I went through some post of yours last year and I want to confirm if you have an answer to the issue raised here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-771948.0.html
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by snowdrops(m): 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
@ op

My man. Enjoyed following your travel threads. Seems none this year. Btw, hope you have resolved the issue with the man in property.
Re: November Mini-Break to the UK by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
snowdrops: @ op

My man. Enjoyed following your travel threads. Seems none this year. Btw, hope you have resolved the issue with the man in property.

Just seeing this...stopped putting up my travel threads...have done more trips since then though. The man in the property is still owing me money.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Holiday Destinations in Lagos & South Western Nigeria / Dad Studied In America, Now Regretting Why He Didn't Stay Back! / Any Nigerian In Kosovo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.