Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools (15098 Views)

Ihedioha Visits Governor Otti In Abia Days After Resigning From PDP / Ihedioha Orders Okorocha’s Arrest / Ekiti 2018: Fayose, Ihedioha, David Mark, Other Pdp Leaders In A Group Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Ctorch: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2019
The Imo State Government has announced the compulsory teaching and learning of Igbo Language in all primary, post-primary schools as well as tertiary institutions in the state.

Professor Viola Onwuliri, the Commissioner for Education, announced this at the 4th matriculation ceremony of the state College of Nursing and Midwifery, Orlu, during which 55 students were formally admitted into the institu­tion for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Onwuliri, who directed the provost of the school, Princess Ngozi Duru, to make Igbo language a compulsory course in the institution, also charged parents and guardians to teach their children how to speak and write Igbo language to spare their mother tongue from possibly going into extinction.

Represented by the Director of Tertiary Edu­cation, Dr. Basil Iwu, the Commissioner said that her ministry, in partnership with the state Secondary Education Management Board, had already organized workshop for teachers and principals of post-primary schools in the state to enhance their capacity, adding that a seminar for all Igbo Language teachers had equally taken place in the state.

Onwuliri expressed delight that students of the state origin have continued to excel in national and international examinations and gave an assurance that her ministry would continue to give the institution all the necessary support it required to enable it to emerge as one of the best colleges of nursing and midwifery in the country.
Duru, in an address earlier, disclosed that the management had installed all necessary measures, strategies, structures, procedures and mechanisms that would reposition the college as the first among equals in nursing education in the country.

She said that the college, in pursuance of its vision of enforcing academic excellence, promo­tion of godliness, competence, moral values and good character would continue to maintain a zero tolerance for all anti-social behaviours such as cultism, examination malpractices, drug abuse, hooliganism and prostitution.

https://www.independent.ng/ihedioha-orders-compulsory-teaching-of-igbo-language-in-schools/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 29, 2019
Ndi ma ebe ano

Cc lzaa

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Jasen1(m): 9:00am On Oct 29, 2019
Great one from my Governor

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Adrian98(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S7 for sale 20k. Blank screen. Dm
Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by gazza07(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2019
Way to go amiable action no-nonsense governor.

Igbo amaka! grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by TollaniHub: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2019
nice move, we must cherish our own to stay relevant.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by SolarEdge: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2019
It is well..

You want to enjoy electricity? Check my signature now
Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Great feet. I expect all South East and South South governors to do same. We need a language for cohesion.

In the north, Hausa is the main language. So also should their be a common language in the south.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Patrioticman007(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Biafrans are using their heads not emotions. That's Better.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Bantino(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Supported!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by sheymoni(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Way to go, oyinbo won’t trade their language for anyone. We should embrace our own language and also find a way of teaching in mother language.As a Yoruba man I’m fully in support of this move

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by abkrgumel(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Every State should do the same with their Language. North have been doing it since

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by EggSauce(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
One governor from the west gave same order few years ago that Yoruba language is compulsory and should be taught in all schools... We all know how this hypocrites hailing imo governor were shouting and typing rubbish. lipsrsealed

You people make it hard for other tribes to love you...your hypocrisy and lack of reasoning is so disgusting.

77 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2019
Igbo Kwenu, Igbo Amaka.... Am proudly Igbotic

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by felong(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2019
In fela's voice...
I geti my Moni plan my plan finish... Start to de go for marketi start to de go for shopping Before I reach marketi nko o Government show don enter my plan e Don spoil o Government show don enter my plan e Don spoil o Over take don over take over take eeya over take e Don over take...

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 29, 2019
Ihedioha started well and will end well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Kendumazy(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2019
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2019
the quality of education in the East especially in Imo State is very bad.
Imo people are not educated and they even have comprehension issues as they mostly don't understand English.

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by BafanaBafana: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2019
Good development.
I have never seen an Igbo man speaking Igbo without mixing at least 30% English

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by unbitchable(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2019
See hailers above, same people complained when similar law was earlier passed in Lagos.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Pavore9: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2019
Commendable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Iamdonfrank: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2019
Igbo 101

Na now una wake up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by Jokerman(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2019
What if I don't want to learn Igbo, since I'm from Aniochia North in delta state??

Will it be compulsory for non Igbo like me??

5 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by anonimi: 9:12am On Oct 29, 2019
TollaniHub:
nice move, we must cherish our own to stay relevant.

................ otherwise be overtaken by the invading Fulani marauders in their jihad annexation of the Fulani Republic of Naijeriya, FRN.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-_spEZ7TwEzU/XRF8uDxWQJI/AAAAAAADR7I/gPwLfreuV1AGnnOpWLdknSIxhfvR5szUgCLcBGAs/s400/Fulani-Herdsmen-and-Militia-1.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6559819_img20180116131338_jpeg5eb7dd60f62d45b4c01a8e0a67f66174

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by kevotek1000(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2019
Nice move... 4d East.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by josielewa(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2019
AKON FT KIZX DANIEL IS A BANGER
Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by RenHub: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2019
S
Re: Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools by bluebloodxvi: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2019
Get customized wall clocks and accessories at affordable prices

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members / Is Wike Still A PDP Member? / Ortom And Lalong At A Chinese Round Table (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.