Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Oshiomhole: Despite Police Denial Of Attack,IGP Orders Arrest Of Obaseki’s Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: Despite Police Denial Of Attack,IGP Orders Arrest Of Obaseki’s Aides (418 Views)

Oduduwa Republic: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Abeokuta Despite Police Ban / Imo Attack: IGP Adamu Arrives Owerri, Security Beefed Up / Imo Attack: IGP Deploys Security Reinforcement Squads, Sets Up Special Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: Despite Police Denial Of Attack,IGP Orders Arrest Of Obaseki’s Aides by nairavsdollars(f): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2019
The ongoing political battle between Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State and his predecessor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, deepened on Monday with the arrest of an aide of Obaseki by officers from the Police Force headquarters, Abuja.

Daily Independent gathered that it took the intervention of the deputy governor of the state, Philip Shaibu, who spent over four hours at the state police command headquarters in Benin waiting to secure the release of the Special Adviser to the governor on Security, Andrew Momodu.

Shaibu was said to have vowed that he would rather sleep outside the police headquarters if Momodu was not released to him.

Momodu, who was arrested on Sunday about 9p.m was initially scheduled to be whisked to Abuja on Monday before his release was secured.
Our correspondent gathered that he was arrested following an alleged petition that he was one of those that pelted Oshiomhole’s Benin residence with stones.

Oshiomhole, the national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) had alleged that some thugs who laid siege to his Benin home few days ago while he was in the state for a function were sponsored by Obaseki.

But Governor Obaseki denied having anything to do with the attack. The governor’s spokesman, Crusoe Osagie said: “It is a lie. There was no attack. Nothing happened in the area where Oshiomhole lives.

“The Edo State government has said it has no knowledge of the purported attack on the person or residence of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. We have no knowledge of the attack. We have also reached out to the police, and they affirmed that they do not know about such an attack.”

Also, Edo State Commissioner of Police, DanMallam Muhammed, also said that there was no attack on the person or residence of Oshiomhole, adding that some thugs came to protest but were dispersed.

Others said to be on the list for arrest by the police from Abuja for questioning are Special Adviser to Obaseki on Political Matters (Edo South), Osaigbovo Iyoha; Head of Obaseki’s Public Works Volunteers (PUWOV), Murtari Osagie; Albert Obazee, Kelly Okungbowa and Augustine Edosomwan.

The operatives from Abuja had after about four hours wait by the deputy governor and other aides of the governor, released Momodu on grounds that Shaibu would make them available for questioning in Abuja on Wednesday.

Speaking exclusively with Daily Independent shortly after his release, Momodu said he was arrested in a commando style by the policemen as he was going home from his business premises on Airport Road, harassed and locked up inside a cell.
Narrating what transpired, he said, “Yes, I was arrested by the police on alleged attempted murder and conspiracy. I left my church programme and went to my business place along Airport Road. After taking stock of sales, I decided to go home. As I was going home, I saw some persons jumped down from Hilux van. They said they were policemen and I told them to calm down. I demanded their identity cards and they showed them to me.
“This was about 9p.m. One of them came behind me and kicked me. They said they would lift me up. There were other civilians inside the Hilux. When I got inside their vehicle, they said they were taking me to somewhere. I asked where, and one of them said police headquarters.
“The police said that I was involved in attacking people, including the national chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. I said I never attacked anybody in my life. They also alleged that I am a cultist and I have recruited some boys who I used in attacking people. I also told them I don’t belong to any cult group and that I am a member of Scriptures Union since my school days.
“When we got there, one of them said they should tie my hand and my leg. The other one said they should handcuff me. I told them I was not going to run away from their cell. They brought out a detention order where I saw they wrote conspiracy and attempted murder.
“They made some calls and they were ordered that I should be detained. I was kept inside the cell. My wife had to cry out before my people were able to trace me. They said I have recruited youths. They never showed me any petition, they said a petition can come in oral or written form. They said part of the allegations raised against me was that I am a cultist.”
Also speaking, the deputy governor said, “We discovered that some persons were up to something. We will investigate and get to the bottom of this. We were elected on the basis of protecting lives and property which is enshrined in the constitution. Not even an appointee can be arrested without our knowledge. We will follow up to know what the issues are”, he said.
When contacted, Frank Mba, Police Force Public Relations Officer, said he was in a meeting, but did not get back to us before going to press.
https://www.independent.ng/oshiomhole-despite-police-denial-of-attack-abuja-cops-arrest-obasekis-aide/

Re: Oshiomhole: Despite Police Denial Of Attack,IGP Orders Arrest Of Obaseki’s Aides by hatchy(f): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2019
Oshiomole will never rest until he fulfilles his mission..... total destruction and annihilation of APC.

Labour activists isn't politics....that he fails to understand.
Re: Oshiomhole: Despite Police Denial Of Attack,IGP Orders Arrest Of Obaseki’s Aides by PapaBaby: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2019
APC chairman that can't even guarantee his LGA not to talk of his entire state.

(1) (Reply)

FG Gives Dangote Cement, NLNG Tax Credit Certificates / Supreme Court: How Primate Elijah Ayodele Warned Atiku, PDP (VIDEO) / Ex-minister Blasts Custom Boss, Buhari Over Border Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.