Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal (15491 Views)

How Zainab Ahmed Engaged Consultants For Questionable Gas Deal / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash / Nanpon Sambo: IGP, Abba Kyari In Trouble Over Suspect Who Died In Police Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by WENGERNOMICS(m): 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
Wasky101:

It is sad that we can generate enough power but gencos will not buy all because of revenue, is the government really our problem How do people use light and not want to pay. Met a top official of Ikeja distribution company and he told me that they can buy enough power to give everybody @least 20hrs power but the don't recoup d money from sales. I almost felt like crying

This was why Ikeja distribution signed a contract with Magodo phase 2 resident association and now we have 22 hours light per day every day non stop. It's just that every single house has prepaid meter and cost of power has doubled.

But it's still better than buying diesel/ fuel.

I can bet, Nigerias power issue is just the greed of a few thieves who want to rip off the country for their benefit.

6 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by WENGERNOMICS(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
Roysnickz:
Though the deal actually started in 2011, it was eventually signed in 2017

Don't mind that educated illiterate.

Na Dem dey buy odu and expo for JAMB English. Now he can't comprehend a simple passage

1 Like

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by cjfavour(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
BlackfireX:
The handiwork of PDP under Jonathan .....

Does it mean you didn't see where he wrote that Osibanjo signed the agreement?

7 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by collins88(m): 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
Adequate Infrastructures Capacity needs to be in place, before who so ever it may concern, sign bilateral trade deal with Multinationals, because outsider known Nigerians systems and have also done their visibility study to ascertain our readiness to do business. Or else situations like these ill keep occurring at the detriment of the social economic growth and development of the Country It foreign investment and her people. God Bless us All
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by Bishop4real: 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
Maslib:
Hahahahahah, by the time we are done nigerians will relocate to Atlantic ocean. Sai Baba !!!

So, Sai Baba was in charge as at 2011?
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by cjfavour(m): 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
Bishop4real:

So, Sai Baba was in charge as at 2011?

The agreement was rejected 3 times in 2011 but the evil pastor osibanjo endorsed it in 2016. Pls read to understand dnt be a lazy youth.

7 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by mfm04622: 6:33pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guyman02:
The reality is that no company was willing to invest in supplying gas to Calabar power plant without a take or pay agreement.
The problem now is that Calabar power plant has a capacity of 561MW, but it's not generating up to capacity because the Distribution companies are not ready to take the whole power generated which they blame on poor revenue collection.
So the power plant is asked to generate below capacity, running 2 out of 5 turbines most times while the gas is available there, because the company has to recoup it's investment, the FG has to pay a percentage for not using the supplied gas while the citizens suffer lack of adequate power.

I know this because I work in the generation system which is frustrating to us watching what the Discos are doing to Nigerians angry

It is really what Nigerians are doing to ourselves! DISCO are not taking power because they can't collect payment for power they supply. Who are those not paying? Are they not Nigerians? So we are the one doing ourselves!

2 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by mamaafrik(m): 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nwaohafia1:
This one is small sef.

I gave up on Nigeria when I heard why they stopped Ogedengbe project (started by GEJ) and started AKKK (AK3) by PMB.
oga please tell usoooooo,that is the Joy of Joining Nairaland,let the leader be forced to get info from this site.
This is our own Quora

4 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by useurkidney3121: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2019
Kuku sell Nigeria and give me my own share... 9ja is doomed!
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by ceasare: 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2019
mfm04622:

It is really what Nigerians are doing to ourselves! DISCO are not taking power because they can't collect payment for power they supply. Who are those not paying? Are they not Nigerians? So we are the one doing ourselves!

If the discos want to recoup their money they should abolish estimated billing and meter everybody or allow people to source their meter from d open market n install.then they monitor power theft like their life depends on it and serious sanction and penalty for defaulters.at d end they will recoup their money and their will be light.win win situation for all

6 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by 9gerian: 7:11pm On Oct 29, 2019
You are right!

Guyman02:
The reality is that no company was willing to invest in supplying gas to Calabar power plant without a take or pay agreement.
The problem now is that Calabar power plant has a capacity of 561MW, but it's not generating up to capacity because the Distribution companies are not ready to take the whole power generated which they blame on poor revenue collection.
So the power plant is asked to generate below capacity, running 2 out of 5 turbines most times while the gas is available there, because the company has to recoup it's investment, the FG has to pay a percentage for not using the supplied gas while the citizens suffer lack of adequate power.

I know this because I work in the generation system which is frustrating to us watching what the Discos are doing to Nigerians angry
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by 9gerian: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
This story does not hold water in anyway.

No customer that is given prepaid meter can use light without subscription or clearing previous crazy estimated bills wrongly issued on the meter. So if the discos were sincere, they would have metered all households and made it criminal for any house to not have prepaid meter.

The question is why is it that the discos prefer not to give prepaid meters to customers?

The answer is; once everyone is metered, there will be no free money through crazy estimated bills again. Simple and short.

The crazy estimated bills is the reason discos are rejecting supplies from The GenCos as there is a continual incentive (of unmerited profits) to issue estimated bills while they reject the actual supply. They win both ways; cool and easy money.

Again, only the FGN is unable to rationalize this simple case of cause and effect, and put an end to the very flagrant fraud!

Wasky101:

It is sad that we can generate enough power but gencos will not buy all because of revenue, is the government really our problem How do people use light and not want to pay. Met a top official of Ikeja distribution company and he told me that they can buy enough power to give everybody @least 20hrs power but the don't recoup d money from sales. I almost felt like crying

4 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by CeterisXVII: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guyman02:

The take-or-pay arrangement is detrimental to Nigerian owned companies.

Local power generation firms should only pay for what they take, or what they use.

The gas producer should find other customers, to take up the shortfall.

The problem is that the gas company wants to eat from both sides of the mouth.

In one breath, they earn income from the power company that fails to take up the gas.

And in the next breath they earn revenue, by selling that same gas that wasn't collected by the power company, to another firm.

2 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by CeterisXVII: 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2019
iammo:
angry
PDP and evil contracts... that Adoke needs to apologise to Nigerians on what he and Jonathan did
This was NOT Adoke's fault. He spotted the flaws in the contract, and clearly objected to its sign-off. Read the story again, very well!!

The contract was finally signed under Vice-president VPYO.

WENGERNOMICS:
Question is how do we explain that we have Osinbajo and Malami..... 2 SANs who should understand these contracts and agreements.......blindly signing off the country into a situation that was clearly not sustainable.

Simple, Accugas is definitely owned by some large interests that kept forcing the contract down the throat of the country.
Exactly! shocked In fact, Malami's position and Osinbajo's response, left me totally disappointed.

By the way, who was the NDPHC legal adviser that entered into the contract, from day one in 2010? He should be called to account for his role, in the deal.

2 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by freemi(m): 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guyman02:

thank you. I nw undastnd. Bt its sad

1 Like

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by dchem(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2019
farem:

So Malami and Osinbajo would have acted before coming to the offices in 2011?

Are you that fractured that you can't reason again?
Read they will not because it's too long. I am not surprised you support the present government.

3 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by kayroc: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guyman02:

As a person versed in the power sector you know that it isn't the discos that are to blame. It is the NERC with the stipulated prices that makes it impossible for discos to function. They can't be selling at loss and the price per kwh is too low. They should leave discos to set the price while forcing adoption of prepaid meter and then the discos will offtake your product.
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by Venerable612(m): 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guyman02:

You make it sound like it’s the Discos fault.

It’s an egg and chicken case here - you don’t expect Discos to buy more than they can afford. The real problem is with the Take or Pay Agreement signed by the NDPHC.

If you ask me - I am not a fan of long term deals. If you are going to sign a 20 years deal - then you should subject it to review every 2 years, so that, that way - you can amend some terms to account for changing realities.

I wonder who their legal advisers are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by Johans1991: 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
Gej nearly collapsed this country.
God will continue to punish the drunkard
No wonder these animals from PDP wanted to kill themselves when buhari won d election.
PDP will never go near that seat again.
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by ugofulfilled(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2019
iammo:
angry

PDP and evil contracts... that Adoke needs to apologise to Nigerians on what he and Jonathan did

Really? is that how you read? and is that how you understand? When was the contract signed and who gave approvals for the signing?

which of the academic institutions in Nigeria awarded you the certificate in your possession?

Take time to read, and be thorough in assimilation, then be slow to comment. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by hargbolahan01: 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
Tomide007:
Nigeria's problem is always TCN....why can't we sell off that company
it will continue to become our problem until we privatize it completely and let investors come in
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by Prudent5217: 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
Try to read and assimilate properly before commenting

Johans1991:
No wonder these animals from PDP wanted to kill themselves when buhari won d election.

2 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by chronique(m): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2019
farem:

2011 again? The chief drunk master of the as usual was in charge. When we said all he left behind was a legacy of waste, some Ignorant wanted to fight.
The best that ever happened to Nigeria was the change of government in 2015. It's only the All-knowing that can tell what would have happened to Nigeria had the guy won in 2015.

It's obvious you are very very daft cos if you had a functional brain, you would have read the entire piece and seen how the contract agreement was rejected numerous times by the AGF under the Jonathan regime.

2 Likes

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by connkg(m): 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2019
When Engineers demand that an Engineer is made the Minister of Petroleum or the Minister of Power,Works and Housing, it would appear it is a selfish demand, or one lacking in merit.
The sign-off was Presidential, because he is also the Minister.
Only better understanding of the issues can offer a path filled with alternative beneficial clauses!

There's so much more of these cloudy agreement issues in Solid Minerals, for instance, because of the pressure to "diversify". Civil Works fares best, because there's much local knowledge there (my opinion). Transportation, Auto-manufacture, Textiles also have "agreements" not yet widely scrutinised.

1 Like

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by chronique(m): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
Johans1991:

Awon dindinri. Something this small, you cannot read and understand. Tomorrow, you will still come out and stand when they are calling people who are educated. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by prettyprecy(f): 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2019
BlackfireX:
The handiwork of PDP under Jonathan .....
Did you read the article fully?
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by dustydee: 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guyman02:

I don't quite understand this, is it a Disco issue or insufficient capacity by the TCN? Why will the Discos not want to take power and make more money? Please help me understand the dynamics.
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by DameB(f): 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
Who are those wickedly destroying the future of Nigeria?

How can we sign such an agreement in a country with lawyers?

Na wa o
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by Foscons(m): 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nwaohafia1:
This one is small sef.

I gave up on Nigeria when I heard why they stopped Ogedengbe project (started by GEJ) and started AKKK (AK3) by PMB.

Pls can I get the info in regards to both project
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by Vivos: 10:44pm On Oct 29, 2019
In a nutshell what does this epistle mean? I almost dozed off when I was reading it
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by deenee: 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guyman02:

Govt is to blame on one part if you ask me then should hands off electricity completely and watch the massive change that will happen.

Yes it will be hard at first but market forces make things to normalize. A very good example is the gsm industry. Ntel the only Telco that govt s still interfering in has finally gone moribund.

You fix cost of gas refuse to upgrade th3 grid for transmission and also refused tarrif hike and yet you want discos to perform. Highest form of catch 22 if you ask me.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal by tomdon(m): 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
iammo:
angry

Are you mad? Can't you read? Adoke refused consistently to ascend to the request in the face persuasion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Nine New Permanent Secretaries / Chima Anyaso Visits Ben Kalu, Reveals His Mission (Pictures) / DEFAMATION: Deji Adeyanju Sues Japhet Omojuwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.