Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe (769 Views)

We Have Uncovered Plot To Stage Violent Protests Across The Country - DSS / Activists Announce Venues For EndSARS Protests Across Nigeria And Abroad / Video Compilation Of Several Endsars Protests Across Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2019
In recent times, we've seen a wave of protests against the government of specific countries. people are rising and saying no to unfavorable circumstances imposed on them by their respective governments. Starting from Hong Kong, Whose citizens are protesting against China's growing influence in the island nation, To Lebanon Whose citizens are protesting against Harsh economic policies, to Bolivia Whose government has become unpopular among the people. People are rising to demand better Standard of living from their government. Despite the fact that the Hong Kong government has reversed a draft law that seeks to transfer criminals to China for prosecution, the people are not having any of it and want a total overhaul of their government. In Lebanon the prime minister Saad hariri has just decided to resign after just 13 days of protests. Despite all these Nigerians have not found it in them to take a cue from these countries despite the fact that we're not any better than them, and are doing far worse in terms of economic life. we haven't taken to the streets to demand better, or have we been starved of good things we've become accustomed to the bad thing we're experiencing? It's time to wake up and demand better for ourselves and our children.
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Kitiii(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2019
U didn't add Chile n iraq
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
Kitiii:
U didn't add Chile n iraq
Oh yeah and that, thanks, What do you think of our laxity on this issue?
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by FarahAideed: 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
When Sowore called for protest did you wake and go ? And now that he is in the gulags have you one day called for his release ...for anything to work it need numbers of Willing people and not cautious people
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2019
FarahAideed:
When Sowore called for protest did you wake and go ? And now that he is in the gulags have you one day called for his release ...for anything to work it need numbers of Willing people and not cautious people
Bro I was there, do you think I have any love for this government? after losing millions to the folly of this govt

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by omenka(m): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Modernist:
In recent times, we've seen a wave of protests against the government of specific countries. people
Have you tried to protest and someone stopped you?
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by wakaman: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
omenka:

Thank you my btother. Ask him what he wants to protest, how and why, he would start doing hashtags. angry

For them protesting is "trending" so it should.
Ghosts of time and common sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
omenka:
Ohh yes I did and police harassed me and shot at protesters.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2019
wakaman:

Thank you my btother. Ask him what he wants to protest, how and why, he would start doing hashtags. angry

It's a pity you've been conditioned to accept and be comfortable with bad governance, Obviously you're satisfied with 30k Npower money you'll be alright.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by wakaman: 4:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
Modernist:
It's a pity you've been conditioned to accept and be comfortable with bad governance, Obviously you're satisfied with 30k Npower money you'll be alright.

Here dem go!

Please tell me not who you are but these. What do you want to protest? Why do you want to protest, how do you want to protest? What is a protest? And who is your targeted spectre of protest.

Go figure that.
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by hargbolahan01: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2019
omenka:
most of the shitte member who were protester are currently in coffin and sowore who was planning a protest is currently eating stone rice and beans in DSS custody

do you want him to have their fate?

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2019
Protesting is a waste of time in this country..ask charly boy
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2019
wakaman:

Here dem go!

Please tell me not who you are but these. What do you want to protest? Why do you want to protest, how do you want to protest? What is a protest? And who is your targeted spectre of protest.

Go figure that.
The everly decreasing standard of living is not worth protesting? Spate of killings and kidnappings? Increasing taxations? tell me what is not worth protesting?
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by wakaman: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2019
Modernist:
The everly decreasing standard of living is not worth protesting? Spate of killings and kidnappings? Increasing taxations? tell me what is not worth protesting?

Then start by yourself and I am sure people like you would join you, but like I said in my earlier mention of you. Answer all those questions truthfully by yourself and if you feel convinced enough you can a " trend"
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by chichar1(f): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
wakaman:

Then start by yourself and I am sure people like you would join you, but like I said in my earlier mention of you. Answer all those questions truthfully by yourself and if you feel convinced enough you can a " trend"
you are not serious at all!!!!!! that guy have answered every thing to you, you are not truthful to yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
chichar1:
you are not serious at all!!!!!! that guy have answered every thing to you, you are not truthful to yourself
Leave them suffering and smiling people.
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by godliman: 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2019
wakaman:

That is why this country will remain a shit hole.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2019
godliman:
That is why this country will remain a shit hole.
You should be able to know buharideens when they write.
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Olorunnim: 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nigerians don't want the Sowore treatment and be sprayed bullet like the Shia Muslims.
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by helinues: 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
Ecuador, Haiti
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by AdolfHittler: 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Ecuador, Haiti
[/s]
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by godliman: 10:54am On Oct 30, 2019
Modernist:
You should be able to know buharideens when they write.
Excuse me? what is buharideen? is it a new religion? and how do one identify the adherent
Re: Are Nigerians Lax? Wave Of Protests Across The Globe by Modernist: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
helinues:
Ecuador, Haiti
Just hearing about Haiti what's up there?

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Buhari's Government If Osinbajo Resigns? / Tribal War / Femi Fani Kayode Replies The Fulanis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.