Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,583 members, 7,955,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account (1105 Views)

Banker Friday Ayegba Arrested For Stealing N14.8m From Customer's Account / ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna / Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by chilan: 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lawrence C. Nnoli Versus GTBank Plc
UPDATE

The court case filed by Lawrence C. Nnoli against Guaranty Trust Bank plc came up today before Honourable Justice R. M Aikawa of the Federal High Court, Lagos with Guaranty Trust Bank admitting in its statement of defence some of the claims as filed by the claimant. Specifically, it admitted owing the claimant some money which it has subsequently issued a banker’s cheque in his favour. The bank was represented by its counsel Mr Osemudiamen Umane.

Following the settlement of pleadings by parties, the court today slated the matter down for trial and adjourned same to 17th December 2019.

As it would be recalled, trouble started when the claimant noticed some illegal deductions which the bank made in his bank account. Upon noticing this, he reported same to the bank’s management. After making the report, the bank acknowledged the illegal deductions and refunded the monies it illegally deducted from the claimant’s account. However, few months later, the claimant started noticing various discrepancies in his account prompting him to write the bank requesting the immediate closure of the account in December 2018.

Instead of acceding to the claimant’s request for the closure of his account, the bank made another similar illegal deduction from the claimant’s account claiming it is money it failed to deduct from the claimant’s account in 2017. This according to the bank was an accounting error on its own part.

All efforts by the claimant to get the bank to reverse the illegal deduction fell on deaf ears prompting the claimant to approach the court for specific reliefs and exemplary damages against the bank.
Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by LibertyRep: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
This one don hook the bank for throat.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nigeria is a land of fraudsters and scammers, politicians, pastors, institutions of government, banks o...name them. They are all scammers and fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by udumosam23(m): 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
I'm about to do same to access bank. I believe this will be the last option.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by adekolaelect(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
Na so Nigeria banks dey do but this one hook them for throat .

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by scribble: 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2019
Gtbank scamu scamu scammers

Na only to scam dem sabi

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by mgbadike81: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
If care is nit taken, many current bank customers would start avoiding the banks unless when absolutely.
Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2019
Yahoo yahoo originates from.our banks undecided

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by AuroraB(f): 10:38pm On Oct 29, 2019
UBA leads and others follow in pilfering. I dragged them online they refunded my 100 Naira cheesy
Shii pain them, they sent me no alert to the effect
I'm closing my account with them. The one to replace them I don't know yet but I must stop the thieves.
Re: Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account by joedy01: 5:41am On Mar 14, 2020
I am in a similar situation with GTBank now... for almost a week all my accounts (Naira, Dollar, Euro and Pounds) have debited to the excess of N500,000.
All my appeals and requests/ complaints have fallen on dead and deaf ears. We are working on it what they keep saying regardless of who I complain to.

I see no other way out of this than a law suit.

What kind of stupid scam is this... when everywhere dey hot financially.

(1) (Reply)

LUNO Wallet Requesting For BVN Number / The 1% Gambler / Ponmo Business Very Lucrative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.