Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna (42667 Views)

₦‎3.7 Million 'Dissappears' From Customer's Account In Ecobank / Banker Friday Ayegba Arrested For Stealing N14.8m From Customer's Account / Gtbank Plc Charged To Court For Illegal Deductions From Customer's Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by nlfpmod: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjMFH4CqFfw

A Kaduna State-based company executive has accused Access Bank of negligence and poor customer experience after N22 million was stolen from his car inside the premises of one of the bank’s branches on July 22.

The customer, who asked not to be named for security reasons, told FIJ that he had gone to withdraw the sum from several banks around the Kaduna metropolis so he could prosecute a project being carried out by his company.

“I had already withdrawn N22 million from other banks within the Kaduna metropolis before visiting the Access Bank branch on Isa Kaita Road, Kaduna, to make further withdrawals,” the customer said.

“I visited the branch because I needed to make additional withdrawals so I could pay the people who were working on our construction sites their wages.

“Despite being a top priority customer, the bank officials wasted my time for close to 35 minutes before they eventually attended to me. All the while, I had my vehicle parked inside their premises.

“After I was eventually attended to, I immediately left the banking hall, only to find that the glass window at the back of my car had been completely smashed open by unknown persons where I had it parked. When I looked closely into the car, the N22 million I kept in two separate Ghana-Must-Go bags had been stolen!”

The company executive said when he explained what had just happened to one of the security guards manning the bank’s entrance gate, the guard said he would have paid special attention to his vehicle if he had known something valuable was kept inside it.

“The truth is, while I was driving into the premises, one of them (the guards) was quite reluctant to let me in. It was at that point that I told him that I had a very serious transaction to carry out and that there was money inside the car,” said the company executive.

“The funniest part is that it was not as if the premises was so busy that a car could not have been allowed to be parked inside or properly monitored.”

The company executive said that since the occurrence, the bank was yet to reach out to him officially on the way forward.

“Some officials of the branch only came out to show concern after the incident happened on that day but that was where it all ended,” he said.

“Since then, none of them has called me, apart from my account officer, to officially tell me what the bank plans on doing concerning the theft. This happened right inside their premises!”

The customer said he had reported the incident to the police and that investigations were ongoing.

When FIJ contacted Access Bank’s customer care desk for comments on the incident on Monday, Ikpe Uchechi, one of the bank’s officials, said the matter had been escalated and that feedback would be communicated to the affected customer.

However, when FIJ reached out to the aggrieved customer on Tuesday, he said he had not received any calls or a message from the bank.

https://fij.ng/article/n22m-stolen-from-customers-car-parked-inside-an-access-bank-branch-in-kaduna/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Ricky97(m): 8:29am On Aug 03, 2022
FTC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by pansophist(m): 8:29am On Aug 03, 2022
Hopefully the bank compensates him since his car was parked inside their premises, under their watchful eyes.

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by LaSenior: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
grin

That's why whenever I go to bank I make sure I parked my car where the CCTV camera will capture it should incase

Na those security guards steal the money investigation has to be carried out there is no way someone will carry out a bag of Money out of the bank without the Bank securities catching such person

Instant cash out

198 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Manny21: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
What kind of carelessness and negligence is this, you collected 22million naira and kept it in a car knowing fully well that someone could have trailed him from the other banks where he collected the money from. This is gross stupidity.

237 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Coldie(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Religion isn’t uniting Nigerians, politics isn’t uniting Nigerians, leadership isn’t uniting Nigerians but criminality has united this country.

Both north south all of u are united in crime.

The amount of crime news coming out of Nigeria is asif crime has become a terrorist group of its own in that country

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by lonecatt(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Manson1(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
So even with the insecurity and everything happening around Nigeria, one would still keep such an amount in his car.

Most Nigerians like to learn the hardway

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Emmanueldavis(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by UselessBuharist: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Insider’s business

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by ecolime(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Cars are parked at owners risk.

N22M in cash shocked, no be money laundering be that? Abi he is related to Baba bullion van aka Lagos Landlord?

POS agents sef no get 1/10 of that in cash.. lol

The thief wan cash out.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by MrWondah(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Cars parked at owners Risk.

You have a serious explanation to do.
What kind of wages for you need over 20 million naira cash to pay? What happened to going cashless?

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by meobizy(f): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
In this day and age, na cashless form of logistics person suppose follow for money matter. See now, idiots who should be drinking garri are now twenty-two million naira richer than the day before. Somebody must suffer for this loss.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Mkelv0106(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Who is more incompetent, him or the bank. How can you leave 22 million in your car and park. Instead of taking responsibility, he's busy blaming the bank. Even for police station dem thief person car. He shud take responsibility for his incompetence, there is a sign in all bank that states "Cars are parked at owners risk". The sign is there for a reason

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Firstcitizen: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
angry You left N22M in a car and walked away with no one in the car. Abegi you took a risk. The thing about risks is it can go either way. Kpele

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by NmachiEbubechi: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by MuslimIgbo: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
The Bank SECURITY MEN has a hand in the crime!

Does the bank not have CCTV cameras?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by DOVgadgets: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Ok
Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by sustainus(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Naija
Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by freeminded(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
B
Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by seunny4lif(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Inside job for sure else how did they know the car owner have #22M inside car

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by lonecatt(m): 8:31am On Aug 03, 2022
for rhis buhari economy
you deserve to be flogged

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by posty56: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2022
Inside job , sue the bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Mide3367: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2022
Na wa o
Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by jeff1607(m): 8:31am On Aug 03, 2022
Cars parked within the premises are at owners risk

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by HateBigots: 8:32am On Aug 03, 2022
Buhari why
Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Yakson09: 8:32am On Aug 03, 2022
Project of Ransom Abi?
Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by donbenz(m): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2022
I just hope this isn’t a plan work by the security guards. These days, most of this security men are hungry beggars. Let them play CCTV, there should be footage of what actually occur. Bad news everyday in this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by gtrust: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2022
There’s CCTV there!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna by Raychee(f): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2022
What happened to the boot of your car? That's very careless of you. Whatever happened to bank transfers and other methods of e-payment?

16 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? / How True Is This In Nigeria? / Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.