Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja (22435 Views)

FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola / These Houses In Ebute Metta Are Too Close To Each Other (pictures) / Lands And Houses In Estates For Sale At Choice Places In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by lanetrips: 6:49am On Oct 30, 2019
I have said this before, most of those unoccupied houses could be storage houses for ill gotten wealth

2 Likes

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Rubbiish(m): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2019
modelmike7:
The government should do something about this before it gets out of hands.
Houses are too expensive in Abuja
Government should regulate it
At times i wonder what is in abuja that make houses so expensive

1 Like

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Rubbiish(m): 6:59am On Oct 30, 2019
demoBaba:
Apart from buying estate house in Abuja, use still needs to be paying roughly 1.5m to 2m yearly for facility maintenance. Very bad.

But thank God I don pot to Nasarawa where I build 3 bedrooms with BQ, Abuja accommodation waihala is NO NO for me.
Honestly
The prices are ridiculous
It doesn't just make sense
Same pay for civil servants throughout d federation, why do we have houses and land with outrageous prices in fct? Even when u have money to build house in abuja, only price of land will gulp the money.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2019
symbianDON:
in my opinion, unoccupied houses that are confirmed to have been bought should be confiscated by government. if the rich thieves won't live in them, local man can!

��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Caseless: 7:14am On Oct 30, 2019
modelmike7:

They have forgotten that this is no more the era of the looting party PDP, that stolen and looting money was flying everywhere, looted by politicians and civil servants.
It is time for change.
true!
Long time, mike.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Beverlyjean(f): 7:21am On Oct 30, 2019
Fallenhunter:
Start charging an unoccupied property tax, this will cause developers to quickly look for tenants and will cause rental prices to drop

If they do that one... It will b the end user that will end up paying all the tax cos the owner will add every tax he or she paid with interest when a buyer or renter comes by
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by clarocuzioo(m): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2019
Tokziby:
When a certain CJN forgot to declare 52 houses in his asset declaration form. Why won't there be vacant houses when majority of them are from prominent civil servants and politicians... Mtcheeeewww

Ode, it was four houses he owned, one built by federal government. It was EFFCC'S media trial that introduced 55 houses.

Am not defending anybody but let's all learn to be factual and reasonable.

7 Likes

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Fallenhunter: 7:43am On Oct 30, 2019
Beverlyjean:

If they do that one... It will b the end user that will end up paying all the tax cos the owner will add every tax he or she paid with interest when a buyer or renter comes by

They won't be able to because the people who are already renting won't add that cost and if the people with empty houses start charging high rents because of adding these costs, they won't get renters. In the end market economics will prevent these kind of tactics.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by nedekid: 7:47am On Oct 30, 2019
modelmike7:

They have forgotten that this is no more the era of the looting party PDP, that stolen and looting money was flying everywhere, looted by politicians and civil servants.
It is time for change.
Naive

2 Likes

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by adetes: 8:00am On Oct 30, 2019
They used Citizen money to build those house, it's either they reduce the price or those house will remain like that forever.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Madeu(m): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2019
Florblu:
Not only in Abuja do we have unoccupied houses, even in Lagos. There are some streets you ply in Ikoyi at night and no reflection of night whatsoever will be seen coming from the house aside an Aboki flashing torch randomly.

Even if the owners are not in the country, they can rent it out or gift homeless people roaming about in the state.

Most of those houses in Ikoyi are where the siphoned money are buried and other gross acts are carried out in them
Some houses in Lagos are bad omen. You move-in employed with households accessories and cars, by the time you're moving out, you'd be left with nothing to show except loss of job, unexplained sickness even to the point of death.

2 Likes

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Nickshrapnel: 8:24am On Oct 30, 2019
Put a heavy tax on unoccupied houses, just as the UN official adviced.

1 Like

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Coldie(m): 8:25am On Oct 30, 2019
One of the way to end this is to tax those houses.

1 Like

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Cvesta(m): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2019
This is truly a Rampant trend. But your affordable computers in Abuja from affordable Technology
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Evidenx(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2019
i can help them to occupy some of the houses If they want, there are Alot of homeless people out there looking for were to stay... but greed and selfishness coupled with wickedness will not allow them to help those who need shelter... i weep for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by NonFarmPayrol: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2019
naijadrivablog:
That is what the government should tax and not the poor masses.

There are many unoccupied estates and buildings and most are where and how corrupt politicians hide their loot.
From Asokoro to Gwarinpa, to APO and environs, to Dutse-Kubwa axis etc, these estates are littered all over Abuja.

There is, for example, a plaza that has not been rented for over 20yrs and the owner is a politician. If it was built from his "sweat",.he couldn't afford to lose over 20yrs rent.

Imagine 2o freaking years
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by NonFarmPayrol: 9:26am On Oct 30, 2019
Madeu:

Some houses in Lagos are bad omen. You move-in employed with households accessories and cars, by the time you're moving out, you'd be left with nothing to show except loss of job, unexplained sickness even to the point of death.

Hmm
Na wao
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Tokziby: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2019
clarocuzioo:

Ode, it was four houses he owned, one built by federal government. It was EFFCC'S media trial that introduced 55 houses.

Am not defending anybody but let's all learn to be factual and reasonable.

Does that call for insult? Can't u make corrections without insulting someone
Na wah for this generation... Smh
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by InvertedHammer: 10:11am On Oct 30, 2019
/
Unrealistic expectations.

Everyone likes to call "millions"

But after they call finish, make dem come collect money na. A few people had placed their houses for sale in Abuja with no serious buyers in sight.
Some deluded folks brag that their houses are worth X millions until they try to sell. Na the agent go carry him hand give up.
/
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by partnerbizn4(m): 11:32am On Oct 30, 2019
demoBaba:
Apart from buying estate house in Abuja, use still needs to be paying roughly 1.5m to 2m yearly for facility maintenance. Very bad.

But thank God I don pot to Nasarawa where I build 3 bedrooms with BQ, Abuja accommodation waihala is NO NO for me.
Which is closer to abj between nasarawa and Niger ?

And what's the cost of land like in Nasarawa please.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by articulate078: 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
HELP A BROTHER IN NEED
Pls i'm in need of help financially.I really do not usually come online to ask 4 assistance but my situation is grave and dts wot prompted me to do ds.There is a manual i want to buy and it cost N4500.I av gotten N2500 and its remaining N2000 to complete d money b4 thursday evening.pls any amount u gv is appreciated.If u wish to help ds is my acct details.Thanks
Acct: 0469323370
GTBank
Acct Name:Maduka Favour C.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Otunski: 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
Majority of those estates and houses are owned by politicians and looters of our treasury that explain why they don't care about the condition of those properties.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by lukui: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
if you build houses and you don't allow human beings to live there, won't lizards, reptiles, rats, cockroaches, termites , ants, wild birds and other animals be living there?

no wonder some people say that Nigeria is a zoo!! I don't know if its true, but where are the ZOO KEEPERS?

grin
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by pacespot(m): 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
Like that USA ambassador to Nigeria suggested, we need landed property tax as soon as possible. This is the area government needs to focus on to raise money to fund their budget, not chasing yahoo boiz up and down.

But I don't look forward to it to happen anytime soon, because anything that affects the rich is a tall order in this country.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
mamanotinspoil3:
It's a simple something. Just declare that all unoccupied houses will be taken over by government and rented out to low income earners. Within 6 months, rent will come down and all the houses will be occupied... Too much sense wee nor kill me grin grin

We have used office items at giveaway prices. Sofa set, inverter, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales
The owners will challenge that in the law court you know? I still believe the government can do something about it.
So many unoccupied houses littering everywhere in Abuja.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by khalazi: 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
partnerbizn4:

Nasarawa is closer.
From Masaka to AYA is roughly 30mins if no hold up.

Lands in Masaka are cheap.
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Rubbiish(m): 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
partnerbizn4:

Suleja is far nah
Before u get to zuba from suleja, u are already inside abuja city centre from Nassarawa
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by partnerbizn4(m): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2019
Rubbiish:

Suleja is far nah
Before u get to zuba from suleja, u are already inside abuja city centre from Nassarawa

What's the cost of land like pls?
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by Rubbiish(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
partnerbizn4:

What's the cost of land like pls?
I believe U will get sth from 500k to 1.5m depending on the land.
But there are places u can get same price range land in abuja, but far from city center
Re: Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja by partnerbizn4(m): 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
Rubbiish:

I believe U will get sth from 500k to 1.5m depending on the land.
But there are places u can get same price range land in abuja, but far from city center
interesting
tnx

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Rent Around Oyo| Co-tenant / A Nairaland Housing Roofing Project, God Finally Picked My Call / 5 Duplexes In Gowon Estate On Fire In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.