Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria (32583 Views)

IPOB: Did Tinubu Denounce OPC When He Was Governor, Labour Party Asks APC / Buhari Asks APC Governors To Reduce The Number Of Aspirants, Vote Party Man / Tinubu Asks APC Senators To Support His "lifetime ambition to be President" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by Afamed: 6:53am On Oct 30, 2019
Vulcanheph:

Please try and understand before You speak out of Point.....where in my comment did i mention anything about loans......giving out loans alone isn't the solution, go back and re-read my comment again.
Then continue waiting for government to come and spoon-feed you on a daily basis

3 Likes

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:58am On Oct 30, 2019
gnykelly:

If you are wise enough you should be able to see the opportunity to see the opportunity Buhari is creating... The local farmers are now smiling to the bank... You can either join or keep wailing

This is not really true a lot of rice are now smuggled at night with boat from Benin Republic to Lagos at night even all the way to Victoria Island at night with boat some of these boat carry 800 bags to 2000 bags of rice. The next issue is the government is putting a lot of people in Nigeria in debt. Borrowing money to do things which are not profitable. Just like what happened in wheat and cassava where billions of US dollar was spent and nothing was recovered
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by icedbreez(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2019
Also allow us import garri into Vietnam.
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by airminem(f): 7:04am On Oct 30, 2019
gnykelly:

Rice can not be imported through Seaport... It is on the banned list
Are you sure?
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by Foxman19: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2019
Half of rice bag is 14,500 naira.
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by Vulcanheph(m): 7:08am On Oct 30, 2019
Afamed:

Then continue waiting for government to come and spoon-feed you on a daily basis
One major problem we have in This country is the fact that the govt has made life so difficult that we now see suffering as normal.......i'm not telling them to come and Spoon Feed me but they should make the society Favorable enough For me and every Nigerian to run his or her legitimate Hustle.....Besides isn't it the job of the govt to make life Easy For it's citizens?
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by SolarEdge: 7:22am On Oct 30, 2019
Hmmmmm

LET THE SUN PAY YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL.. CALL US NOW
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by Jimi24: 7:26am On Oct 30, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

This is not really true a lot of rice are now smuggled at night with boat from Benin Republic to Lagos at night even all the way to Victoria Island at night with boat some of these boat carry 800 bags to 2000 bags of rice. The next issue is the government is putting a lot of people in Nigeria in debt. Borrowing money to do things which are not profitable. Just like what happened in wheat and cassava where billions of US dollar was spent and nothing was recovered

When I see this kind of post on the inevitability of corruption, not paying taxes, smuggling, I feel sad fir Nigerians.

Your business model is based on.smuggling and not paying taxes and you are actually borrowing money to finance that crime that you call a business. smh
I am so sorry

4 Likes

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by middlebelter(m): 7:28am On Oct 30, 2019
aolawale025:
At least, rice requirements shortfall can be imported

No sir!

Please get it right, I am not and can never be APC member, but on this matter I am solidly with them 100%

As a people, none of us will ever desire to have bad neighbour but when our country have nieghbouring countries that constantly wage Economic war against our country thereby holding us down, because of few people benefiting from illicit business, we are quick to attack our Government. When the Government fails we start fighting them. We have our own role to play as patriotic citizens. If anyone want to sell rice to us, come and grow it in Nigeria, employ Nigerian and the multiplier effect of production will benefit our livelihood and Economy, bit when you allow them to take your country for granted, they will export below quality into your country and turn back to mock you.
Now, it is not only rice we can eat as a people, if we don't stop this people from attacking us Economically now, we shall have ourselves to blame not Buhari.
If our home grown rice has stone, we shall continue to eat it untill we have standard rice mills, if it is expensive, we must learn to eat other meals as subsidy untill mass production will crash the high price.

Also, the penalties for smuggling should be very stiff and officer found complicit should be summarily dismissed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by MrBONE2(m): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2019
Jimi24:

NO.
Rice grows in just 4 months. There are so many unemployed youths it's a bomb
The era of slackness and cluelessness ended with Jonathan.
grin

3 Likes

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by MrBONE2(m): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2019
Ahmed0336:

People of your nature are the problem we have in this country.

Oshobaba you spoke well. Let them come and farm here. Our youths needs to be employed our govt need taxes. We have to grow our GDP. Increase our value for Naira. This is the New Nigeria grin

And the real True New Africans grin

2 Likes

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by kannymoore(m): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Either you allow the importation of rice or declare emergency in every state for rice production!!!

It's obvious that rice is the major food consumed in Nigeria!!!

It's not just about closing borders to show your consuming power

What are your plans for the people to eradicate hunger

Let them eat eba.

Afterall garri is still our staple food innit?

And it's still quite cheap too..

grin

3 Likes

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by MrBONE2(m): 7:38am On Oct 30, 2019
Multiplier7:
That's why I kinda like Oshomole. He talks it the way it is. No pity about it.

As for South Africa angry, Mr President should ban Apples and Wine too from being imported. It is for our own good too.

God bless Nigeria.

No my BaBu should take pity of South Africans, doing so is Xenophobically unacceptable grin

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 7:43am On Oct 30, 2019
olajizz01:
Importation of rice was completely ban
Source. Or you want me to just believe you?
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 7:47am On Oct 30, 2019
airminem:
Are you sure?
Yes
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by gidoskiaustino(m): 7:49am On Oct 30, 2019
Check my signature I build standard website.
You can all for urs
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by sulaak(m): 7:51am On Oct 30, 2019
Vulcanheph:

One major problem we have in This country is the fact that the govt has made life so difficult that we now see suffering as normal.......i'm not telling them to come and Spoon Feed me but they should make the society Favorable enough For me and every Nigerian to run his or her legitimate Hustle.....Besides isn't it the job of the govt to make life Easy For it's citizens?

Life is difficult because you refuse to get off your lazy backside and be productive. Holland is smaller than Ogun state but exports $100 billion worth of food products.

Necessity is the mother of invention, stop hustling and start producing.

2 Likes

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by martowskin1(m): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2019
Multiplier7:
That's why I kinda like Oshomole. He talks it the way it is. No pity about it.

Is high time all our Representative's in the helm of affairs to man up and do their duties without fear or favour. That temporal route the federal government wants to create for Ghanian goods to come into the country is unacceptable and must be condemned. There's also other countries also that are suffering from total loss too not only Ghanian traders.

Please Mr President should look into that. If he wants to do good, he should extend it to Cameroon, Niger, Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana, India and Thailand.

Then the equation will be balanced. But if you ask me, total closure is the best.

As for South Africa angry, Mr President should ban Apples and Wine too from being imported. It is for our own good too.

God bless Nigeria.

Do u think Nigeria as a country can stay alone, watch how this will back fire, just watch.

When all other country comes together because of u, it won't end well, when they start cutting their diplomatic ties with Nigeria, u guys will understand closing boader is not Nigeria escape route to success
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 8:02am On Oct 30, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Thanks for letting us know government will deal with them
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by martowskin1(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2019
middlebelter:

No sir!

Please get it right, I am not and can never be APC member, but on this matter I am solidly with them 100%

As a people, none of us will ever desire to have bad neighbour but when our country have nieghbouring countries that constantly wage Economic war against our country thereby holding us down, because of few people benefiting from illicit business, we are quick to attack our Government. When the Government fails we start fighting them. We have our own role to play as patriotic citizens. If anyone want to sell rice to us, come and grow it in Nigeria, employ Nigerian and the multiplier effect of production will benefit our livelihood and Economy, bit when you allow them to take your country for granted, they will export below quality into your country and turn back to mock you.
Now, it is not only rice we can eat as a people, if we don't stop this people from attacking us Economically now, we shall have ourselves to blame not Buhari.
If our home grown rice has stone, we shall continue to eat it untill we have standard rice mills, if it is expensive, we must learn to eat other meals as subsidy untill mass production will crash the high price.

Also, the penalties for smuggling should be very stiff and officer found complicit should be summarily dismissed.

Do u know all this country will fight back, because in every action there is equal and opposite reaction...

Do u think they will just accept boder closure in good fate.

Closing land broader is not the solution, this thing will back fire. There are better ways to stop smuggling,

This countries been affected will come together and make their own plans. No country can be on its own.

Well let's see how this will end
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 30, 2019
Wow. Just wow.
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by frozen70g(f): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2019
My question is, what brand of rice are these top official feeds on

I won't ask how much they bought it, because its given to them as a gift so they don't know the price
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by DameB(f): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2019
That was a good response from Oshiomole... Plant the rice here

1 Like

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2019
martowskin1:

Do u know all this country will fight back, because in every action there is equal and opposite reaction...

Do u think they will just accept boder closure in good fate.

Closing land broader is not the solution, this thing will back fire. There are better ways to stop smuggling,

This countries been affected will come together and make their own plans. No country can be on its own.

Well let's see how this will end

How will they retaliate?

What does Nigeria export to their countries?

1 Like

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by DameB(f): 8:09am On Oct 30, 2019
frozen70g:
My question is, what brand of rice are these top official feeds on

I won't ask how much they bought it, because its given to them as a gift so they don't know the price

These Vietnamese might have gifted some rice for lobbying and to show them the quality
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by Vulcanheph(m): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2019
sulaak:

Life is difficult because you refuse to get off your lazy backside and be productive. Holland is smaller than Ogun state but exports $100 billion worth of food products.

Necessity is the mother of invention, stop hustling and start producing.
The Holland You are Refering to has very good economical policies, every Avenue needed to make a businesses grow is available, from transportation, security, power, Infrastructure etc, can the same be said about Nigeria?.......
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by frozen70g(f): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2019
DameB:

These Vietnamese might have gifted some rice for lobbying and to show them the quality

My question remains, are they not eating foreign rice, even when they have need to party, its the same foreign rice they serve
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by martowskin1(m): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2019
FrLukas:

How will they retaliate?

What does Nigeria export to their countries?

Do u know the number of Nigerians living in this countries and have established their lives there over decades?

Do u know the number of Nigerians with investment in this countries?

A simple policy can make life difficult for them over there......

More over, is never a good thing when ur sisters countries start seeing u as bully or problem to their growth.

Ghanna, Benin, Togo, Liberia name them, they will definitely come together and look for solutions without Nigeria....

Personally, closing border is not there way to improve our economy, if this is the only way they can think off, then they lack initiatives.
Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by osiaq(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2019
middlebelter:

No sir!

You are a good sample of patriotic citizens ☝️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by anonimi: 8:19am On Oct 30, 2019
Jimi24:
Biggest economy from wasting $104/barrel oil price FOREX importing petroleum, rice, flour and Dubai goods, selling them locally without even collecting taxes. So no infrastructure. All the big economic gains limited to 5 cities and just 200 people with trickle down to just 15m. Result was militancy, Boko Haram and 101m poor people.
No wonder they booted out the guy. First time in history for an incumbent. First week of Buhari, all the ministers had run away. Let PDP try that governance style if they regain the opportunity (which they wont). Nigerians will burn down Aso Rock

dir

Who can save you from the delusion of the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks. APC propaganda?
Who will save you from the zonebee zone?
Let me rescue you from the illiteracy that is also afflicting your idol in Aso Rock.

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct
15 NOVEMBER 2013

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that the states had requested for $2bn to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

nawtyme:
Previous Govts Initiated ‘Most Of The Things This Administration Is Doing’ – Adesina

A majority of the projects the Muhammadu Buhari administration is working on was inherited from previous administrations, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity has said.

Mr Femi Adesina said this when he appeared on Channels Television’s special Independence anniversary programme on Sunday.

“Most of the things this administration is doing – 60 to 70 percent of them – were initiated by previous governments,” he said.

“That shows you that in the past a government will come and say ‘this is not our project’ And it will discard what was being done and start fresh ones.”

As a result, Mr Adesina said there are many half and quarter-completed abandoned projects.
But rather than abandon the project, he explained that the current administration will complete it.

An example is the Abuja-Kaduna rail project which the Presidential aide said was up to maybe 60 to 70 percent complete when the last administration left.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/01/previous-govts-initiated-most-of-the-things-this-administration-is-doing-adesina/

3 Likes

Re: Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria by DBossNG(m): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2019
I love this!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Kadade Sulaiman Becomes PDP National Youth Leader / El Rufai Appoints Bringbackourgirls Founder As Chief Of Staff / Buhari May Cut Fashola's Ministry To Give Way For Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.