Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,360 members, 7,836,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Am I Am Infidel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Am Infidel? (980 Views)

Your Understanding Of The Infidel / Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? / Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Am Infidel? by moneytalks(m): 11:01am On May 22, 2007
what do u say of a person that does not go to church every sunday but yet holy at heart?Does doing to church makes me a good brother or what?
Re: Am I Am Infidel? by TellyB(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2007
There's more to 'going to church' than many people realize. Missing out on Church fellowship puts one in a position of actually disobeying God's Word:

Heb. 10:25 - Not forsaking our assembly, as some are accustomed: but comforting
one anther, and so much the more as you see the day approaching.'

One may fancy himself or herself quite contented to go on being a 'Christian' without fellowship with a body of believers. However, such an idea falls far short of what God would have us be and do.
Re: Am I Am Infidel? by dinnerm(f): 12:12am On May 23, 2007
going 2 church is very important to be a very good christian lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Am I Am Infidel? by thesilent1(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2007
@ telly b,
well, i suppose it depends a bit on the person's view of the word "assembley"

i enjoy church a lot and love the gathering of loads of us for the same reason; worship but i think certain people have turned it into one of those sacred cows that needs to be understood.

i think the "attendance registry" mentality that some people have has now made it inot a spectacle but i guess this will be the same with anything in life.

so with that in mind, and to answer the question of the post; i will say that "attendance" on a weekly basis has no bearing on the person's state of mind. but then again, i personally do not believe that you "become" holy. i believe that you ARE holy as part of the amazing and wonderful part of salvation. i belive we are to BE holy and not see holiness as what we DO or SAY.

then again, i am a little guy in the sticks so please do not let my humble and maybe even misguided view to stop you enjoying your thursday!

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor says he is Jesus Christ And The Anti Christ / Falling Under The 'anointing' / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.