Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? (25242 Views)

Of All Messi’s Photos, These Two Are The Most Heart Breaking For Certain Fans / Emiliano Sala: His Sister Posts Heart Breaking Tribute / 10 Worst Goalkeepers Mistakes In Football History (funny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by komodapson(m): 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nigeria loss to Senegal...@ afcon Mali 2002....Wilson oruma hitting the woodwork... It was heart wrenching
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by munafav(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
Liverpool AND Roma COMEBACK
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Bbbwings: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
Igbosmoker:
cry 2014 world cup final between Argentina and Germany

Then liverpool vs Barcelona 2nd leg cry cry
Corner taken quickly
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by wezzymoney: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
Na yesterday worst pass ooooooo, I carry atletico Madrid straight wining, imagine dude later shock me with draw
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Sultanchidi(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
Arsenal's 2006 champions league final defeat.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
Roddyricch1:
I cried during the ucl final in 2009 between Chelsea and Man U, the moment anelka missed that penalty.. I WEPT cry but God put a smile on my face 3 years after at allianz arena.
I didn't even wait for anelka's effort. the moment Terry missed his kick, I knew we had lost it. I wept too.
BTW, it was 2008.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:

Lol sorry bro. You were on the receiving end of The Miracle Of Istanbul. Liverpool are truly the mentality giants, Kings of Never say never. They were destined to win it.

You're the first AC Milan fan I've met in Nigeria tho
then you can add me to that list. I am an AC Milan fan from the onset. Infact, it is the first team I truly ever supported..that match was simply heartbreaking�..

The irony of it all is that, I am now a Liverpool supporter because of Juergen klopp. Inside life

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Istanbul 2005 grin A wonderful night full of drama grin though initially i supported AC Milan because of Shevchenko, love Shevvy that time but immediately the Ancellotti removed him and other stars after leading, i was angry then i switch to Liverpool. That night was classical and cannot be forgotten so soon.

guy I love Shevchenko soooo much, even till date, I still follow his progress as coach of the Ukrainian team...
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by walexGodson(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:
We love football, sometimes when some results don't go our way we cry, some lose appetite, some don't talk to their partners.

I've got a few such moments ... As a Barcelona fan, the Roma and Liverpool comebacks made me almost sick.

But the first time I truly cried was when Nigeria lost to Switzerland in the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup final hosted by Nigeria. I was very young and hated everything. Life seemed worthless after the defeat, lol.

Share yours.
Watch the match live it’s indeed painful

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by DissTroy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
Igbosmoker:
cry 2014 world cup final between Argentina and Germany

Then liverpool vs Barcelona 2nd leg cry cry
My exact choices.

Argentina vs Germany in the 2014 World Cup.

Barcelona losing the Semifinal second leg to Liverpool.

Those were Messi's moments of glory that were stolen due to his teammates defensive ineptitude.

I stood still for more than an hour looking at the first. No tears but my vision got blurry. I hated food and everything.

The second killed something inside me about club football till date. I avoided watching any club football match for 4 months and willed myself never to read any football news for 2 months. Even with Barcelona's gains since then, something about me concerning club football is still dead. It's almost like a woman cheating on you with your worst enemy and in front of the world.

Only Messi still has my love. The other Barcelona team members are dead to me.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Emersonjohnson: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
As a Liverpool fan. Last season last match of the day makes me shed tears. Brighton gave us a glimpse of hope when they score against City while Liverpool are already leading at the other side. But after the final whistle city already claim victory. Lfc failed to win their 1st epl and it was a very disheartening story.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by wabbyland(m): 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
Roddyricch1:
I cried during the ucl final in 2009 between Chelsea and Man U, the moment anelka missed that penalty.. I WEPT cry but God put a smile on my face 3 years after at allianz arena.

I swear that day I cried so much when Terry ballooned the ball into the sky. my landlord mocked me and I thank God for using drogba to wipe away those tears. up Chelsea
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by kvngtomi(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:

As a Madrid fan that you are, I suspect all your heart breaking moments were donated to you by Barcelona grin grin
2-6, 5-0, 4-0. gringrin
Those ones are not even heartbreaking, as a madrid fan and even other madrid fans can relate, one of the most heartbreaking was in 2013, losing to Dortmund 4-1, then winning 2-0, only to be looking for 1 goal like a developer looking for a bug embarassed
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Ebifa85(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Arsenal has killed me several times
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
obembet:
When Manchester united beat Chelsea in champion league final 2008,

When Barcelona beat Manchester united in champion league final 2009,

When drogba score offside goal against Nigeria. That's why I hate drogba and Chelsea till date.

your love for football always never ceases to amaze me. It is sooo pure...but I don't understand do you support Chelsea or Man Utd...because you included man Utd beating Chelsea as a painful moment while also including Barca defeating Man Utd

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
Opistorincos:
None. I just dont know why I dont find football interesting as a dude.
you are really missing..but never say never
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by iPopAlomo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Let me help you bro, grin

2006 UCL FINAL against FCB tongue

Learnt to always eat before a match after that match... Bleep Thierry Henry
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrLukas:
I don't have any. The scores are always the way I want them to be. The only football I watch is the PlayStation I play. I can't develop BP over nothing.
very funny grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Airtimex(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Istanbul 2005 grin A wonderful night full of drama grin though initially i supported AC Milan because of Shevchenko, love Shevvy that time but immediately the Ancellotti removed him and other stars after leading, i was angry then i switch to Liverpool. That night was classical and cannot be forgotten so soon.

I thought shevchenko played till penalties in that match?

Can't remember very well again...old age kiss
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Obiaksnews:
The reason i can never support Barcelona, They freaking deprived Man united of two UCL trophies, i don't like remembering those nights.
same here bro, same here.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by pat077: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Chelsea VS Barcelona, ucl semi final at the bridge in 2009. Will never forget ineasta's goal. It was heart-breaking

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by pat077: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
Airtimex:

I thought shevchenko played till penalties in that match?

Can't remember very well again...old age kiss
yeah. He even lost the last penalty
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Airtimex(m): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
pat077:
yeah. He even lost the last penalty

Thank you bro. I can still feel his anger even before that penalty. embarassed The spirit was down already. I felt for him though...life of a footballer
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
wiseone28:
Nigeria vs India match.

i can't forget that day
that match is not real, It is just a figment of people's imagination
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by alexsoftwork(m): 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
When that stupid Howard web was always helping man u
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
heckymaicon:
WYC Netherlands 2005

Argentina vs Nigeria...

I cry tire that Saturday night..

Beijing Olympic 2008

Argentina vs Nigeria

na so Messi &co make me cry for the second time ooooo

it's one of the reasons I no like Messi always destroying my favorite teams with no mercy ( Man United, Real Madrid, Super Eagles, Flying Eagles) etc..

no be small thing
it's like Leonel Messi was created to make the majority of Nigerians unhappy. Only Naija Barca fans are happy with him...
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
nonjebose:
2005 FIFA U20 world cup final between Nigeria and Argentina. Dubious penalties given to Messi and Aguero's Argentina settled the match in their favour, after a beautiful flying header goal scored by Obasi
that match follow pain me. The problem i really had were the two dubious penalties....

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by TalkYourOwn(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
jamesfadairo:

very painful,I didnt take super eagles serious in that WC up till that match and they shattered the hopes
Rojo just came from nowhere to make me cry.... i fell off the sofa
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
Shugargal:
Op same with me, as a Barcelona fan, Roma come back against us was too hard to bear, I already saw that of Liverpool coming as the game progress so I quickly disconnected my body and soul. Kai don't wanna talk or hear about that anymore.
sorry
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by chinchum(m): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Some of my top most heartbreaking moment in football.

USA 1994: NIGERIA VS ITALY
Just as discussed on a thread here yesterday, Roberto Baggio gave me heart attack that day which took few days before i could recover.

Ghana/Nigeria 2000( Cup of Nation ) : CAMEROUN VS NIERIA .... FINAL
Immediately Victor Ikpeba penalty was disallow my BP nearly cut, it was a very sad Sunday evening.

SYDNEY 2000 ( OLYMPIC FOOTBALL GAME )
Nigeria Vs Chile
This particular match every Nigeria sport papers tagged Agali vs Zamarano tongue Victor Agali was our Ahmed Musa of that tournament tongue Chile beat us like small pickin and i cannot forget that morning.

Trinidad and Tobago 2001 ( FIFA U-17 )

One of the best Nigeria outing in junior level. This tournament produce Nigeria player like Femi Opabunmi, Temile, Sambo and co shocked Due to time difference, every match for this tournament is midnight Nigeria time. Chai, futbol don suffer me tongue
Our opening match was against France which we won but they revenge for Final whooping us 3-0.

Sinama-Pongole and Le Tallec those boys shows us pepper that midnight.

Korea/Japan 2002 ( Fifa world cup )
Nigeria vs Sweden

Our darling Super Eagle needed that match so badly as second match of the tournament after we have lost first game to Argentina. We started the match well, with brilliant performance but last last Henrik Larssen do us strong thing. To go school that day na war tongue
I remembered all these games and I could arguably select them as part of my most heartbreaking moments, only that I will add three more matches. Nigeria vs South Korea in 2010, where we needed any kind of win to qualify for the second round, but drew 2-2, a match that produced the infamous miss of Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

The second painful heartbreaking moment was Angola vs Rwanda Germany 2006- World cup qualification match, Nigeria was playing Zimbabwe simultaneously Only a draw or an Angolan loss will have sealed our qualification to the world cup. Angola won 1-0 , we won 5-1. Even though we had same number of points and better goal difference than Angola at the end of all matches played , Head to head rule was used to split the point ties. Angola progressed to the 2006 world cup.

The third one is Nigeria vs Denmark in France 1998 FIFA world cup. Nigeria was relatively superb at the first round , beating the highly fancied Spain 3-2 in a dramatic match. we progressed in to the second round and some Nigeria analysts were already debating a possible Nigeria vs Brazil at the quarter finals, we were roundly whooped at the second round game and were fortunate to get a consolation goal after we were 4 goals down at a point in the match.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Jamoojazzy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
This is exactly what I have been looking for in the comments section... We are on the same page bro. Since that day I stop taking football so serious.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by oyetpel(m): 4:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
WYC 2005 in Netherlands.
Argentina were awarded 2 penalties in a final.
I cried. That was my last cry for Nigeria football.
Bunch of talented overgrown players they were then.
Promise, Olufemi RIP to both.
Obasi, Mikel, Taye Taiwo, Haruna etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lobi Stars Vs Mamelodi Sundown: CAF Champions League - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Cristiano Ronaldo: "2018 Best Year Of My Career" / Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.