Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,308 members, 7,822,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals (25245 Views)

Agbonlahor: Harry Kane Is Better Than Cristiano Ronaldo / Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics / AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by HonNL: 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
Rooney: Kane Is Like Cristiano Ronaldo, they Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals

Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney has compared Harry Kane to Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of selfishness.

Kane recently became Englandโ€™s all-time goal scorer, taking the record from Rooney after netting from the penalty spot against Italy in a UEFA Euro 2024 Qualifying game.

The England captain is also the highest goal scorer in the history of Tottenham Hotspur and Rooney believes that the striker shares one attribute with Ronaldo which is their insatiability for goals.

Rooney said that by the time Kane retires from international football, it would be difficult for anyone to break the goal record he would set.

โ€œThe only other person Iโ€™ve seen like that is Cristiano Ronaldo and both he and Harry have what you would call a good kind of selfishness, an obsession with goals that is in-built. It is important to their success,โ€ he said, according to the Manchester Evening News.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/25/epl-theyre-both-selfish-rooney-compares-harry-kane-to-cristiano-ronaldo/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by didroon43: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
Yeah they have almost the same characteristics.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by buygala(m): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
All I see is a Chimpanzee Rooney hating on Fine Boy CR7 grin.... Dude has been looking like a Grandpa since he was 16 angry

Rooney's obsession with Ronaldo is quite unhealthy.. If e wan fvck CR7, make e kuku talk make we know how we fit use God beg CR7 to open anus for am grin

Rooney is behaving like a teenage girl who keeps saying derogatory things about her crush, just to sidetrack people from noticing her infatuation.

Na Harry Kane broke his record, yet he found a way to drag innocent CR7 into his rants undecided...

155 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
Which mumu comparison , comparing someone who have played in different countries to home base is not welcome in the first place. A living legend CR 7

135 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Badadvisor: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
Wayne Rooney always one of my best footballer.

Used to be extremely stubborn before SAF calmed him a bit๐Ÿ˜†

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
Balablu

5 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Coolbreeze1988(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
GOATS
Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Wizpa(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
grin
Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by wiseone28: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
True

5 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by KarlWhyte(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
Rooney obssession with ronaldo sef.... undecided

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by abobote: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
I think he is wrong, they are not the same kind of player.
Kane is one of the most unselfish striker, and he has a good number of assists

54 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Karleb(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
Rooney is mad!

Ronaldo isn't anything like that unambitious fucker.

Rooney should shut the Bleep up.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by wunmi590(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023

Rooney is a pained mofo, he wished he can be compared to Ronaldo, that's why he always dish out rubbish on Ronaldo...

Just one of his world best award is better than all your career...

So when kane saw an opportunity to overtake you as the highest scorer he should not take it ba

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by AuntyAmope(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
Comparing CR7 goals after 30 with Rooneyโ€™s career goals is wickedness cry

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Ftheophilous(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
This Rooney guy. Always jealous
Ironically, Ronaldo has almost twice as much assists than you and you dare call him selfish. I mean you're calling one of the top 5 players with the highest assists in football history selfish. This is the highest form of hating sad

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by chatinent: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
A good kind of selfishness?

11 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
Very true.

I've come to an understanding that Kane doesn't give no fuc-ks about trophies. Dude is just obsessed with goals and goals alone.

Well that's too bad, because u can't call yourself an A-list footballer without some trophies and medals to your goddam name.

Generations to come may not even appreciate how good Kane is, due to his inability to get himself a trophy.

17 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by chiefolododo(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
F
Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Horerku(m): 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
Okoto comparison ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Kingpire(m): 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
I beg to disagree with the drunkard Rooney. Ronaldo has an obsession to be better each day.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Iamicekid(m): 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
Now can we just all agree that this guy is nothing but an hater

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by osazsky(m): 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
One has mendals and throphies the other,none.note highest goal scorrer is not a throphy spits

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by piyoo91: 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
Is this jealousness or what? Cos he broke ur record he has become selfish

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Badadvisor: 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
Karleb:
Rooney is mad!

Ronaldo isn't anything like that unambitious fucker.

Rooney should shut the Bleep up.
You're sick in the head

6 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by southsouthking(m): 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
Son would have clinched the EPL golden boots last season had it not been for Kane selfishness.

It is what it is anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by chicoMX(m): 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
grin

I like the way he said all these with positive energy, no hate just his opinion

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Blake755: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
Rooney should rest comparing a living legend with someone who has scored up to 250 goals but no trophy to show for it is insulting ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Kingcalls: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
Rooney...kane and Ronaldo better pass u...

2 Likes

Re: Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals by Ammmy: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
I want to celebrate this year's birthday as a married woman with my husband by my side and some few months pregnant. Wish me well

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo: "2018 Best Year Of My Career" / Ethiopian Athlete, Sintayehu Legese Wins Lagos City Marathon Race / Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.