Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions (49225 Views)

Peter Obi, Others Lose Abuja Lands, As Wike Revokes 167 Plots / Assembly Election 2023: Osun Speaker, Others Lose As PDP Wins 25 Seats / Abaribe, Others Lose N300m Bail Bond As FG Rearrests Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2019
meccuno:
[s]you for call me Ojukwu join. Every one has problems including you. We are not robots and I am not obligated to share the same opinion with you. That's why we have a democracy and run elections because we all have different thought process. Respect mine and I would respect yours. Most times when someone speaks what you think you don't want to hear try and reason. I know blacks in general have problems with dissenting opinions that's why does who don't share them are called terrorist and all sorts. Segun please allow me be who I am. This is a democracy not communism[/s]

Go and sit down somewhere jare, Emeka. My reply to you was not an insult. The problem with people like you is that they think anyone with an opposing view hates them and is insulting them.

Go and read my response to your earlier post again, slowly.

Your self-hatred is evident in your blanket condemnation of people of colour. People like me and YOU.

Nobody said it wasn't a democracy. If you don't want your opinion examined and challenged, then keep them to yourself. Bringing them here shows an invitation to scrutiny.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by meccuno: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2019
[s]
FrLukas:

Go and sit down somewhere jare, Emeka. My reply to you was not an insult. The problem with people like you is that they think anyone with an opposing view hates them and is insulting them.

Go and read my response to your earlier post again, slowly.

Your self-hatred is evident in your blanket condemnation of people of colour. People like me and YOU.

Nobody said it wasn't a democracy. If you don't want your opinion examined and challenged, then keep them to yourself. Bringing them here shows an invitation to scrutiny.
[/s] segun stop quoting me if you dont have any sensile thing to say
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Wallade(m): 7:29am On Oct 31, 2019
NGpatriot:

The only catch with this view is the fact that you can not develop your local farmers and industries by allowing smugglers to smuggle in truckloads of cheap food items, products and services everyday to sabotage and undermine whatever you are trying to gradually develop.

Even the so called foreign rice Nigerians clamor for are really re-bagged expired rice packaged for dumping in Nigeria, in fact, the customs intercepted 33 containers of expired rice 2 days ago, but to Nigerians, it's imported rice, while in fact it's expired rice.

Smuggled cheap textile imports from China crippled our textile industries, a fully developed textile industry, but we looked the other way and focused on oil money.

Bottom line, we need to do something about smuggling, right now, we are subsidizing fuel in Nigeria and subsidizing fuel in many West African countries because they smuggle cheap and Nigerian subsidized fuel to their countries to reap massive profits.

Most of the imported cars in our car showrooms are smuggled cars that we did not collect 1 kobo duty on, we are talking about hundreds of billions every year.

We don't even get to collect anything at all on smuggled goods.

Many West African economies are basically smuggling economies against Nigeria, they are nothing without smuggling.

The cost of doing business forced the textile materials manufacturing industry in Nigeria into extinction. A lot of manufacturers - Dunlop Tyres etc - have moved to other countries where the economy and cost indices are reasonable. Nigerians must wear clothes and are price sensitive like other consumers hence they see good quality in imported clothes and materials at affordable rates.

Local manufacturers can't match these offers in terms of quality and pricing hence, the struggle. They need to improve their quality, mechanisation, pricing, technology and techniques.

Even Mr President wears foreign materials and clothings.

A better approach is for government to encourage improved standardisation in all consumer products industries, reduce multiple taxes, initiate tax holidays for qualified manufacturers, encourage the process of organising the distribution chain of food products to curb the excesses of offtakers that extort the market for super profit. Invest in consumer products by creating a pool of funds for loans at low interest rates (single digit) and manage the fiscal policy of the country such that it favor, drives and compliment these efforts.

These will take years and conscious effort to achieve positive results and then you would have improved and built the capacity of local manufacturers to meet local demand. Then you can implement this rogue and crude approach of closing the borders to benefit local manufacturers, if you wish, and there will be be little or no strain on the economy.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by harryportter: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2019
b3llo:
Nigeria must be great again. Border closure will help our local manufacturing industry and farmers will have where to sell their products conveniently.
.ZOMBIE AT WHAT COST?HOW MUCH IS A BAG OF NIGERIAN RICE?COMPARED TO THE PRICE OF A FOREIGN RICE WITH CUSTOM DUTY AND SHIPPING PAID IN FULL?
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by ThatFairGuy: 7:32am On Oct 31, 2019
Relocate ko locate ni grin... They just want the border open by all means.... PROPAGANDIST.
If they relocate, it's in our interest as we will take over from them, what they're producing if we lack it tongue
Anyway, border remains closed cheesy cheesy
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 31, 2019
meccuno:
[s][/s] segun stop quoting me if you dont have any sensile thing to say

Well, the borders are closed. If you are angry you can go and open them. No need to quarrel with ourselves online.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by meccuno: 7:41am On Oct 31, 2019
FrLukas:

Well, the borders are closed. If you are angry you can go and open them. No need to quarrel with ourselves online.
i made my post. you have been the one trolling me since like a mosquito that needs blood. grin
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by vanunu: 7:56am On Oct 31, 2019
b3llo:
Nigeria must be great again. Border closure will help our local manufacturing industry and farmers will have where to sell their products conveniently.

Those in ABA can no longer export their products to other west African countries.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Weirdgee: 8:44am On Oct 31, 2019
Since the border closure, nothing has changed. Same old story.....we are still faced with the following:

High unemployment rate
Insecurities
Inflations on food prices
Poverty..... the list is endless. All I can say is this government is only deceiving us.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2019
Melonny:

With what you just said now, It will be a waste of my time trying to make you understand anything.. However if you are a CA, then read what you have said and think again.. Loss on transit, useless at origin? (SS1 Commerce). How does this relate to Borders closure nor does it relate to waht i have said.

Hello This is beyond your elementary thinking.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by omohlexy: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2019
Asquare84:

dont mind them did the border closure include export from nigerian
You don't know? You stop people from bringing goods into your country and you expect them to allow you bring yours into thiers?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Celebrates Her 28th Birthday With Jungle-Themed Photos / Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return / Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.