Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position (22440 Views)

Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? / Lady Who Just Got A Job Reveals What Happens To Her Each Time She Gets Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by ctleurocollege: 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
Favor
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by earthgirl(f): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congratulations.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
The salary no go pass 40k o! Job nah job
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Starz825(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
Olateef:

I got more than 4 jobs through online application this year alone.
6 figures jobs ooo.
I think it depends on your experience and how you can sell yourself.
Pls tell us on wat platform did u apply
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Olateef(m): 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
Starz825:

Pls tell us on wat platform did u apply
Hotnigerianjobs and jobberman

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Starz825(m): 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
Olateef:

Hotnigerianjobs and jobberman
Thanks
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by hidhrhis(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
namiji2598:
:another man`s food is another man poison

e work for u, no be say e go work for uche

if I try am now, na hunger and starvation go kill me for my cousins place

luckily enough u have a skill, and thats what am lacking, please who can suggest skills that can help me bosst my CV
go and learn barber bro u will just be barbing their hair on weekends
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congrats, Bro.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
No big deal naa.....once you got something to offer that a company needs, you clinch something.

I haven't picked up advertised jobs, like......ever. All jobs I've done, I was recommended for, based on networking and past professional relationships.

Just be good to people you work with, they will remember you.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Mrceejay: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
namiji2598:
:another man`s food is another man poison

e work for u, no be say e go work for uche

if I try am now, na hunger and starvation go kill me for my cousins place

luckily enough u have a skill, and thats what am lacking, please who can suggest skills that can help me bosst my CV
I can't laff oo.. God go do am
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Mrceejay: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Gforce2015:
The salary no go pass 40k o! Job nah job
far more than that.. Its enough for me to do guy and still plan for a better life while I scout for better job.. Lol
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Mrceejay: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
Presh900:
Lalasticlala, this is quite encouraging.

Meanwhile ,contact me for your ethical hacking course at cheap
can we talk.. Drop your mail
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by WriterX(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mrceejay:
Please pardon my grammatical and typo errors, I am sharing this to encourage job seekers on this forum, I served in Kogi State, Lokoja to be precise at Dangote cement Plc, Obajana Batch A 2018 and finished in March 2019.

I already planned to spend two months at home with my family before setting out to hustle immediately after my POP which I actually did. On completion of the two months rest, I planned my journey to the north with a business plan and some amount of money but unfortunately I couldn’t proceed with the journey for some reasons and I was already tired of staying at home so I travelled to Ogun State to say hi to a younger cousin who was already working there.

We went to church on my first Sunday with him and he was showing me this big organization and I was like whao…

On Monday I just tried to google search the organization, lo and behold the school has a website, checked their website and saw a 2018 job advert for a media person I just dropped my cv and wrote a short cover letter about being an embedded systems engineer and can do robotics and automation stuffs, and I received a mail which reads ”when can you come in?” I resumed in less than 2 weeks and I’m already 4months into the job , no exam, no serious interview except that I had to do a little exhibition of my skill and my co-workers were like who brought you here, how did you get this job and all.

The bottom line is I got a job for an unadvertised position in that organization majorly because of the skill I have. Yours is coming soon

you have not only succeeded in encouraging but also inspire me in ways you can't imagine, thanks for dropping this, I won't forget it in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Mrceejay: 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
BoleAndFish:
Skill!!!

Where did you learn embedded systems?

Cc: Mrceejay
SHELTER ELECTRONICS, LAUTECH Ogbomoso
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Cvesta(m): 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congratulations
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by DameB(f): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
Cool
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by 12inchDickson: 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
Some people can't even volunteer., I volunteered for two years before getting my job after been on the street for 6yrs. The interviewer was like, I have lots of experience as an engineer. I was proud of the sacrifice I made nevertheless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by 7pages(m): 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
am I missing something here? unadvertised job but you see a job of 2018 then you submit CV and cover letter. you mean outdated job advert?

stop confusing us with grammar abeg, anyway congrats for your new job

Grace found you
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by odimbannamdi(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
spirul77:
I don't know if I'm the only one curious to know how much the salary is ,lol
congrats bros

Bros, the salary is inconsequential to the point he is trying to make. The bottomline is, he has gotten a headstart in his professional career.

Also, it is still very much possible to get juicy jobs via informal routes such as this as some other means folks here spoke about, and not always the traditional sending CV to email address format.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by fazbuk(m): 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
You people should leave the error and concentrate on the message his trying to pass across... Stay positive and make use of any opportunity that comes your way... CV dropping helps a lot. Mr. Charles I feel you!!!! This is Kaygab...
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by NEIGHBOUR(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
DOMINGOPAPI:
Please I am looking for a job too
Qualification: LL.B (HONS) , B.L. ACCA Cert IFR
smiley
Still on job search since? Something must be wrong somewhere!!!
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Mrceejay: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
fazbuk:
You people should leave the error and concentrate on the message his trying to pass across... Stay positive and make use of any opportunity that comes your way... CV dropping helps a lot. Mr. Charles I feel you!!!! This is Kaygab...
I sight you fellow
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by fellow(m): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mrceejay:
I sight you fellow

I sight you too
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by JudasNaCarrot: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
spirul77:
I don't know if I'm the only one curious to know how much the salary is ,lol
congrats bros
Be there laughing while he is making headway.
At the end of the day whether he's paid peanuts or millions, he will I gather experience and build his capacity, his CV will be rich and he will aim higher.....

For you....you'll sit at home all day and watch DSTV (if at all you can afford that), eat free food from your parents, come to Nairaland with your 25k naira phone with data promo from Glo looking for who to mock.

Shame on you!
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by GOOOGLE504(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mrceejay:
Please pardon my grammatical and typo errors, I am sharing this to encourage job seekers on this forum, I served in Kogi State, Lokoja to be precise at Dangote cement Plc, Obajana Batch A 2018 and finished in March 2019.

I already planned to spend two months at home with my family before setting out to hustle immediately after my POP which I actually did. On completion of the two months rest, I planned my journey to the north with a business plan and some amount of money but unfortunately I couldn’t proceed with the journey for some reasons and I was already tired of staying at home so I travelled to Ogun State to say hi to a younger cousin who was already working there.

We went to church on my first Sunday with him and he was showing me this big organization and I was like whao…

On Monday I just tried to google search the organization, lo and behold the school has a website, checked their website and saw a 2018 job advert for a media person I just dropped my cv and wrote a short cover letter about being an embedded systems engineer and can do robotics and automation stuffs, and I received a mail which reads ”when can you come in?” I resumed in less than 2 weeks and I’m already 4months into the job , no exam, no serious interview except that I had to do a little exhibition of my skill and my co-workers were like who brought you here, how did you get this job and all.

The bottom line is I got a job for an unadvertised position in that organization majorly because of the skill I have. Yours is coming soon

good of u to v shared this here..
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Originalsly: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mrceejay:

Yours is coming soon

Really?.... you know people will sit at home and wait for the job to come to them.

Job without connection..... not possible is what they always sit and say.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by spirul77: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=odimbannamdi post=83627073]

Cc
odimbannamdi
JudasNacarrot.
I never intended to mock or laugh the guy, I'm very used to asking about salary whenever I see a new job alert, I know the question is inconsequential but I'm just being inquisitive, I know how inconsequential it is that's the reason I "lol" at the end of the sentence, I'm actually happy for the guy which prompted me to congratulate him, even me sef dey look for 20k work sef now and I never even see sef. congrats once again op
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Legendguru: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hmmm
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Cutehector(m): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
When it is your time to be blessed, things become easy. Even the tough exams you think you will fail, you will pass them. Trust me . I am an example of God's grace

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by kingimmade: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
goshen26:
Congrats, greater height!

I got my first job by sending mail to the mail of the CEO
My second job through nairaland job section (Debby's thread)

Don't just sit with WhatsApp and chat till ur battery runs out.

Most importantly, Pray cos God is still I'm the business of answering prayers

pls post the Job section (Debby'd thread)
thanks
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by piagetskinner(m): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
That’s y it’s good to study better course people with CRK or islamic studies where they wan c work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000 / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / CP Hakeem Olusegun Odumosu: Lagos gets new Commissioner of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.