Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Deduct Tithes Straight From Workers’ Salaries For Churches, Archbishop Begs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deduct Tithes Straight From Workers’ Salaries For Churches, Archbishop Begs (410 Views)

Queen Of CYON Lagos Archdiocese: Right For Churches To Organize Beauty Pageants? / FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deduct Tithes Straight From Workers’ Salaries For Churches, Archbishop Begs by Jman24(m): 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
The Archbishop of Kampala, Cyprian Kizito Lwanga, has suggested that the government of Uganda deduct tithe from workers’ salaries.

Speaking during a mass, the Catholic Archbishop said many Christians don’t tithe and this affects church projects, reports Citizen Kenya.

“Whenever we ask for tithe, everyone gives only what they have at that time. But the Bible says a tenth of whatever you earn belongs to the church,” said Archbishop Lwanga.

“Give me your support as I front this proposal because it is good for us. Aren’t you tired of putting money in the baskets all the time?”

“I was told Germans made agreements with their government to deduct monthly tithe from their salaries and forward it to the church and this money they use to build and renovate their churches,” he added.

http://www.newsflakes.com.ng/2019/10/30/deduct-tithes-straight-from-workers-salaries-for-churches-archbishop-begs-govt/

Re: Deduct Tithes Straight From Workers’ Salaries For Churches, Archbishop Begs by Lordwheez(m): 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Yeah..... Even first seed, mid seed, last seed, awon alainitiju..... Lol
Re: Deduct Tithes Straight From Workers’ Salaries For Churches, Archbishop Begs by OkCornel(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Jman24:
The Archbishop of Kampala, Cyprian Kizito Lwanga, has suggested that the government of Uganda deduct tithe from workers’ salaries.

Speaking during a mass, the Catholic Archbishop said many Christians don’t tithe and this affects church projects, reports Citizen Kenya.

“Whenever we ask for tithe, everyone gives only what they have at that time. But the Bible says a tenth of whatever you earn belongs to the church,” said Archbishop Lwanga.

“Give me your support as I front this proposal because it is good for us. Aren’t you tired of putting money in the baskets all the time?”

“I was told Germans made agreements with their government to deduct monthly tithe from their salaries and forward it to the church and this money they use to build and renovate their churches,” he added.

http://www.newsflakes.com.ng/2019/10/30/deduct-tithes-straight-from-workers-salaries-for-churches-archbishop-begs-govt/

Per the bolded, quite a lie or error from the Arch-Bishop

1) He should show us which of the churches in the Bible collected tithes (particularly monetary tithes) from Christians
2) He should show us where in the Bible, gentiles were required to pay tithes like the Jews.
3) He should show us specifically where God requested for money as tithes in the Bible, rather than agro-produce and livestock.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Asks Church Members To Drink His Bath Water (video) / Missing Child: Angry Youths Burn Down Akure Church After Exhuming Corpse / This Is How I Help Pastors To Do Fake Miracle - Lady Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.