Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? (1455 Views)

How Would You Explain Fish Falling Down From The Sky? See Pictures / Tree Believed To Harbor Witches And Wizards Refused To Fall With Bulldozer / SKY Yoghurt, 25kg Powdered Milk Now Available in Lagos, Abuja, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? by gloriaunobi(f): 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Have you ever wondered if worms fall from the sky like I am wondering already? OK, probably not, but then why every time after it rains are there worms in the bottom of the bowls and buckets I leave sitting around the garden? I was convinced that they must fall from the sky with the rain, but this is only partially right.

Somebody should help me with more details please.

1 Like

Re: Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? by Blakjewelry(m): 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
lol the simple theory is they climb from the ground into the bowls or buckets.
though they love a moist soil, when it rain they cozy home becomes water log so they will try to escape the water and guess what? the bucket and bowls provide the high ground so they climb only to fall into mini ocean

3 Likes

Re: Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? by sweetonugbu: 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
It's possible,a friend caught a sizeable fish in their compound in the village

2 Likes

Re: Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? by Horlah04(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
Fishes don't rain from the skies. Fish may dwell in subterranean streams or rivers. These habitats overflow during big rainstorms, and the rising water flushes the fish to ground level. Once the rain stops and the flooding recedes, the fish are left stranded. The other case is as a result of weather conditions (Tornado, Hurricane etc) which we don't experience here in Nigeria.

sweetonugbu:
It's possible,a friend caught a sizeable fish in their compound in the village
Re: Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? by benzion72(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
Horlah04:
Fishes don't rain from the skies. Fish may dwell in subterranean streams or rivers. These habitats overflow during big rainstorms, and the rising water flushes the fish to ground level. Once the rain stops and the flooding recedes, the fish are left stranded. The other case is as a result of weather conditions (Tornado, Hurricane etc) which we don't experience here in Nigeria.

Fish and other living things do fall from the sky, but they were taken there from the earth in the first place check out this BBC documentaries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWfNSFXzqw
Re: Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? by Horlah04(m): 8:23am On Jan 03, 2020
Yes i'm not disputing the fact that they do.
That was why i said this in my previous post:

"The other case is as a result of weather conditions (Tornado, Hurricane etc) which we don't experience here in Nigeria."

benzion72:

Fish and other living things do fall from the sky, but they were taken there from the earth in the first place check out this BBC documentaries
Re: Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? by Horlah04(m): 8:25am On Jan 03, 2020
Yes i'm not disputing the fact that they do.
That was why i said this in my previous post:

"The other case is as a result of weather conditions (Tornado, Hurricane etc) which we don't experience here in Nigeria."

Thanks for the video tho....

benzion72:

Re: Does Earthworms Fall From The Sky? by doctor2016(m): 9:31am On Jan 08, 2020
Am single medical doctor I need a serious lady for relationship that can lead to marriage tell me more about u ur occupation and location here is my number +2348033196353 u can what's app me

(1) (Reply)

Fairly used poultry cage & egg shelf for sale / Cashew Nut Supplier Wanted For An Export Opportunity / Hybrid Plant Seeds Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.