Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

I Cant Believe This!!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Cant Believe This!!!!! (412 Views)

I Can't Believe This Is The Wike That Has Been Running Mouth Like Tap - Pix / I Can't Believe This Is Our Vice President, Disaster Averted / For Those Still Cant Believe The Possibility Of Fake Buhar...picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Believe This!!!!! by bigpicture001: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
....i just learnt today that Nnamdi Azikiwe contested against the supposedly great Awlowo for the leadership of the western region in 1958..

And won him!

It was said that the then Nigeria allows all citizen equal right to contest election in which ever region u wish...

Renember..that was b4 the war..with less igbos in the west..but a huge section of yorubas voted for zik agaibst Awolowo...nd he became angry nd started insighting the yorubas against igbos for selfish reason...telling them " how can igbo run u in ur land...jingles were made against the igbos on radios..fathers teach their children to hate igbos...that was how the west rejected the election...

This became naija first failed election...now I understand the origin of the rift between those tribes....

And thats what tinubu is also doing currently..trying to suppress the igbos again....

I invite you all to tell what you know about this...
Re: I Cant Believe This!!!!! by Chapter1vs6(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
I don't know what you people seek to gain

Re: I Cant Believe This!!!!! by sweetonugbu: 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
It's true,zik came back to Enugu and sacked the guy there and took over
Re: I Cant Believe This!!!!! by Chapter1vs6(m): 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
sweetonugbu:
It's true,zik came back to Enugu and sacked the guy there and took over
the two of you are educated enough. Please don't be misinformed
bigpicture001:

....i just learnt today that Nnamdi Azikiwe contested against the supposedly great Awlowo for the leadership of the western region in 1958..

And won him!
Re: I Cant Believe This!!!!! by sweetonugbu: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
the two of you are educated enough. Please don't be misinformed
oga it's true that is where cross carpeting in Nigeria parlance originated
Re: I Cant Believe This!!!!! by Jimi24: 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
Old story. You are just knowing this?
Zik was a Lagos boy and he was born in the north
There was no tribalism at some point in our past
Re: I Cant Believe This!!!!! by Chapter1vs6(m): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
sweetonugbu:
oga it's true that is where cross carpeting in Nigeria parlance originated
your matter don pass misinformation... If you have access to Google and you can't use it, that means something is wrong with you.
Re: I Cant Believe This!!!!! by bigpicture001: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
..really am not hearing anything good about Awolowo...plz any body can giv reasons why awolowo went to jail..?

Cuz what I learnt today is dat Awolowo stepped down as the leader of the western region cuz he wanted to contest a federal position. Akintola took over the western region leadership

Awolowo lost!

He den started craftibg ways to displace Akintola to reclaim his fmr position..Akintola resisted...and Awolowo invited chaos in the western region... for selfish reasons...nd the federal govt came in, arrested him for treason nd käjailed him.in Abakiliki prisons

Plz any other person can clarify this details..?

Am begining to see awolowo in a diffrent light....

(1) (Reply)

Innoson Motors Signs Car Supply Partnership With Shell Nigeria Gas Limited / Gombe Cabinet Members School On Information Management For Good Governance / How President Buhari's Key Supporter, Tam David-west Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.