Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) (1200 Views)

Atiku Shares Meal With Ex-Classmate Mammawa, During Visit To His Home (Pics) / Delta Guber Election: Ogboru Floors Okowa, Pdp In Court / Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Delta Guber, Labour 2nd, APC 3rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by ogagusps3: 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
My grandmother and cousin were the ones killed, I feel very sad about this,  cry cry embarassed
By Emma Amaize
*Kill 73-year-old mother, 9-year-old girl
WARRI- THE battle for the governorship ticket of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in Delta State turned bloody, Thursday night, when a private political army suspected to be working for a splinter group, bombed the residence of one of the governorship aspirants, Mr. Jude Ukusare , killing his 73-year-old mother, Chief (Mrs) Agnes Ukusare  and a nine-year-old girl, Miss Favour Najemo.
Mr. Ukusare who was the target of the attack was not at home when the mercenaries struck at about 9.00pm. He returned from a meeting to meet his house on fire.
The charred remains of his mother and the young girl were taken away in an ambulance today to the mortuary.
Policemen from the Bomb Disposal Unit of the Delta State Police Command visited the burnt residence on 163 Petroleum Training Institute, PTI, Road, Effurun, near Warri  this morning to carry out investigations.  Vanguard also saw the Area Commander, Warri, Zanna Ibrahim and the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Ekpan Police Division, Mohammed Muazu, CSP, inspecting the razed building.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/delta-guber-race-hots-up-as-mercenaries-bomb-ukusare%E2%80%99s-home/
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by ogagusps3: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2010

Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by Omolulu(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
so sorry man!! take heart,

God's judgement is not far from hand
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by Omenani(m): 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
This is very sad indeed. I am sorry for your loss.
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by redsun(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2010
Nigeria is truly Bleep-ed.Bomb has entered d scene in a country without security profile.
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by ogagusps3: 9:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
That house is about a 60 years old.
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by nastydamus(m): 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2010
And here I was, thinking we'd heard the last of the bombs. Now it's employed in basic commonman-to-commonman dispute settlement.
O boy, we don beezzle! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by ogagusps3: 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2010
The reason behind all the political killings boils down to the massive salaries these govt officials allocate to themselves. Salaries/benefits should be cut down.
reduction shld be as shown below

President 1.5m, vice 1.2m, senate president 1m, speaker 900k, deputy senate/rep 800, NA members, sen 750, reps 700, Gvors 950k, state hse 300k, ministers 500k, council 250-100k.

If salaries can be reduced like this, we will not only have serious minded people at the helm of affairs but the gap b/w the rich and the poor will be reduced thereby making majority of its citizens belonging to the middle class. they may not blv it but they will enjoy Nigeria more. Amassing wealth for urself does not guarantee security (using OBJ as a case study). Africa and indeed Nigeria does not need strong men but strong institutions and except drastic measures are taking NIGERIA (as a nation) HAS NO HOPE
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by redsun(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2010
Sincerely nigerians are morbidly ignorant.All these wahala centres on d fact that peeps don't know what's up.D foundation of d life of any creature is based on a functional society,from d tinniest insects to largest mammals.I weep for nigge-rs oo.
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by Abagworo(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
When this bombing started and people were busy accusing IBB,I made a statement about graduating from kidnapping to bombing.Government needs to curb this bombing before it spreads across the country.I foresee a future where university blocks and enemies houses will be bombed at the slightest provocation.@poster take heart for it is the failure of our Government who tribalise and politicise evrything.Your vote is your vengeance.Vote for change in 2011.
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by Osama10(m): 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2010
Things are really going from bad to worse, what does the future hold for us in Naija?
Re: Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home(pics) by ogagusps3: 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2010
UPDATE.
The 73 -year old mother of an Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, governorship aspirant in Delta State, Mr. Jude Ukusare and a nine- year old girl, Thursday lost their lives after unidentified men bombed his Effurun residence near Warri.
Mr. Ukusare who was the target of the attack was not at home when the men believed to be members of a private political group struck at about 9 pm . He returned from a meeting to meet his house on fire.
The charred remains of his mother and the young girl were taken away in an ambulance yesterday to the mortuary.
Policemen from the Bomb Disposal Unit of the Delta State Police Command visited the burnt residence on 163 Petroleum Training Institute, PTI, Road, Effurun, near Warri yesterday morning to carry out investigations. Saturday Vanguard also saw the Area Commander, Warri, Zanna Ibrahim and the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Ekpan Police Division, Mohammed Muazu, CSP, inspecting the razed building.
The Area Commander said the police would go all out to find the brains behind the incident and ensure that justice was done.
It was learned that the some of the mercenaries who mingled with the crowd that gathered while the fire was on, refused fire fighters access to the house to put it off and the men went back to seek reinforcement.
Ekpan DPO, Muazu , who personally led policemen to the scene to disperse the hostile crowd about 45 minutes later, told Saturday Vanguard that he alerted the fire fighters when he received a distress call, but was taken aback when he was told that they (fire fighters) were stoned and chased away by some youths.
Ukusare told Saturday Vanguard that the attack had to do with politics, adding, “Some people don’t want me to be in the governorship race because they feel I am a threat to them and my chances of getting there is brighter, so they want to eliminate me.
“Apparently, they had been trailing me without my knowledge. I had been away from days and just returned from Abuja. They could have been monitoring me to know I was back and came at about 9.00 pm, not knowing that I had gone out for a meeting.
When they came, they were searching the whole compound and later, they fired bombs into one of the rooms.”
According to him, “Few days before the incident, a Hilux with unidentified occupants pulled off in front of my compound and asked some persons to detach one of my campaign posters on the wall for them. They refused to come down probably because they were many people around the place at that time.
“They did not succeed and the next day, at about 11.30 pm, they came again in the same Hilux vehicle, with one of them wearing a police uniform. The one with the police uniform came down himself to detach my poster. I was told about the two visits but I wondered what a policeman would be doing with my poster.
“However, there was power outage on Thursday and at about 9.00 pm, two men rode into the compound on a motor_cycle. They detonated two fire bombs and quickly disappeared. My parents were asleep and were jolted by the explosions. My father was later rescued and when I asked of my mother, I was told she ran away too.
“The situation was tense as the fire was still on. Nobody could go into the building. It was only yesterday (Friday) morning that we found out that my mother could not make it.
She was trapped and died in the inferno with the daughter of her younger brother, who slept in the house with her,” he said.
Ukusare corroborated the statement of the DPO that some onlookers pelted the fire fighters that came to quench the fire until they returned with police reinforcement.
He said that splinters of explosives used by the attackers were picked up in the compound by the police, adding, “I will, however, leave the police to do their work.”
Though, Ukusare said the attack was politically masterminded, a police officer who asked for anonymity told Saturday Vanguard, “I am not prejudging anything but I think it was two gas cylinders that exploded. However, investigation is on, let us wait and see.”
Initially, a source said it was PDP thugs that threw explosives into house of the governorship aspirant but a PDP leader in the area who commented on the allegation said, “How can they say it is in PDP when they know they are the ones fighting themselves.” in ACN.
The Court of Appeal had just ordered a re_run and the battle is definitely between the former governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan and Chief Great Ogboru of the DPP. So, what is the business of the PDP with the ACN.
“This is a laughable because the AC candidate in the 2007 election, Chief Okocha was disqualified and I am not even sure the party will be part of the re_run, except there is a way they are going to make a case that the party is now ACN.
And even though Okocha was not validly nominated in 2007, as held by the court, somebody has been validly nominated by the party for the re_run in 2011.
Like I said, I don’t know what their plans are, but, assuming that is the agenda, it still had nothing to with the PDP. It is their internal matter,” he added.

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari / Guys ? These Are The End Times. The Bombing Of Libya Is In The Bible As A Sign / Why The Hate??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.