Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App (3035 Views)

Lady Caught After Using Fake Alert To Buy N1.3 Million Product Online (video) / Man declared wanted for using fake N90k to buy items in Ajah, Lagos. / 'Starboy', Nigerian Arrested In Thailand For Scamming & Using Fake Facebook ID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by Trendy247: 12:01am On Oct 31, 2019
So i boarded a bolt today. On my way I noticed the driver was busy pressing his phone at intervals, probably trying to adjust the location. I knew what he was up to, so I had to text my bro at home to inform him of the development because before now we had already researched on ways Uber/bolt drivers defraud their passengers..
Read here
I kept calm and engaged him in a conversation so he won't suspect and delete the app he was using.
When we got to my destination he showed me a bill of N3400. (Before now, the highest I've paid from my work place to my house is N2,200 and that's if there is huge traffic.)
My bro told him the fare was too high and asked him if he did anything to alter location on his phone, he said no and gave him his phone to check.
On sliding down the notification panel, what we saw was "fake GPS app running".
We asked him but he couldn't give any explanation to it, instead he was shouting and threatening that he's an army man, that he was going to call his army friends to come and beat up my brother.
After much dragging, my neighbour decided to give him 2k to avoid issues..

So guys shine your eyes, if you suspect that ur fare is higher than normal, insist on checking the uber/bolt driver's phone. Once u get the phone.
1) first slide down the notification panel and check if you'll see any fake GPS app or Lockito app running. (that's if he doesn't deactivate it after the trip).

2) If you can't find it on the notification panel, go through his installed apps.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by kestolove95(m): 12:05am On Oct 31, 2019
Learner all dix Igbo boys self
Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by sirusX(m): 12:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Just when you thought you've seen it all

Wetin Musa no go see for gate shocked

2 Likes

Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:48am On Oct 31, 2019
But why are Nigerians like this?!

Fraud will lead many of you fraudsters into jail for the rest of your miserable lives if you don't desist .

Criminals everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by mhisTessy: 12:49am On Oct 31, 2019
Bolt drivers are criminals, no wonder I was given a bill of N3200 yesterday, something I usually pay between 1k to 1500 o
Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 31, 2019
kestolove95:
Where did it indicate that he is igbo . anulo
Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by Eventspro23: 3:27am On Oct 31, 2019
Uber or bolt o all them Don cast
Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 31, 2019
kestolove95:
are you stupid ?
Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by ValCon888: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2019
The driver looks like Smeagol from The Lord of The Rings. No wonder he's a fraudster.
Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by Elvin001: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2019
Fact is over 80% of this drivers cheat their passengers.

Lalasticlala please move this to front page so people can learn from it
Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by Hedonisco: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2019
mhisTessy:
Bolt drivers are criminals, no wonder I was given a bill of N3200 yesterday, something I usually pay between 1k to 1500 o

Uber is much better. I think the uber system is more advanced and foolproof than Bolt.

1 Like

Re: This Bolt Driver Tried To Cheat Me Today Using Fake GPS App by newlandf: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
here

(1) (Reply)

#mustread: An Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police / See Why This Nigerian Woman Was Stripped Naked And Beaten-bloody In India / Magun At Work! After Sleeping With His Friends Wife His Scrotum Got Swollen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.