Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Pls Help I Can I Cure My Stammerer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Help I Can I Cure My Stammerer (277 Views)

My Experience As A Stammerer / I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. / How Do I Cure This Pile, Please Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help I Can I Cure My Stammerer by annolomy(m): 2:01am On Oct 31, 2019
Am a boy of sixteen i have been stammering since when i was eight year,this stanmarer had put in somuch embarasment in school,pls i need a solution on how i can it
Re: Pls Help I Can I Cure My Stammerer by DAramis: 4:09am On Oct 31, 2019
One, you will definitely outgrow it in few years time. Secondly, you can also control it by trying to be calm and speak slowly, while expressing yourself.

It is like, picking your words and saying it one after the other while expressing yourself with your hands (Gestures or gesticulation... Can't remember the right word). Doing that goes a long way to put you in the right frame of body while speaking.

Most importantly, stammering is linked to anger issues (my observation). Anytime, you are able to overcome and manage your anger, you will have control over your emotions which will go a long way to reduce your stammering.
Re: Pls Help I Can I Cure My Stammerer by Crenzywilliams(m): 4:25am On Oct 31, 2019
DAramis:
One, you will definitely outgrow it in few years time. Secondly, you can also control it by trying to be calm and speak slowly, while expressing yourself.

It is like, picking your words and saying it one after the other while expressing yourself with your hands (Gestures or gesticulation... Can't remember the right word). Doing that goes a long way to put you in the right frame of body while speaking.

Most importantly, stammering is linked to anger issues (my observation). Anytime, you are able to overcome and manage your anger, you will have control over your emotions which will go a long way to reduce your stammering.
Some how true...I can't even remember when I outgrew mine. I learnt to speak slower and arrange my words and to speak calmly. Also avoid being agitated and tensed. Helps alot; good luck son.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help I Can I Cure My Stammerer by ClaudiaFields: 5:58am On Oct 31, 2019
Have you ever met a doctor regarding this matter? If not first you have to consult a doctor. First, you need to figure out if your condition is physical or mental. If Physical, you need treatment. Perhaps, it may be surgery. If the condition has occurred due to mental issues, you need counseling or psychotherapy treatment..However, try to talk slowly without panic to express you feelings and words properly
Re: Pls Help I Can I Cure My Stammerer by newlandf: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2019
having

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get Pregnant With One Blocked Fallopian Tube? / Stem Cell Therepy / Sure Vision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.