Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

You Must Die Empty! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Must Die Empty! (194 Views)

Mummy GO: If Any Member Of My Church Goes For Big Brother, He Must Die (Video) / Goliath Must Die: Pastor Imoniero Poses With Catapult On Church Banner (Photo) / Die Empty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Must Die Empty! by kpakpandoN(m): 7:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Someone once said that the graveyard is the richest place on earth, because in it lies buried many gifts, talents, untapped ideas and un-quantifiable capabilities. The reason this assertion is somewhat true is that many people have died while still loaded with great ideas, treasures, unused potential and energy. In order not to fall into this category after passing on to be with the Lord, we must obey the admonition of the Holy Spirit in Ecclesiastics 9:10, which says:
“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grace, wither thou goest.”
Anyone who walks in the light of this scripture will die empty, having used up all the gifts and good potential the Creator deposited in him or her to the glory of God.

An example of someone who emptied himself before going on to be with the Lord is Elijah. He left behind a double portion of his anointing, symbolised by his mantle which dropped from him as he transited to glory. This mantle immediately started working wonders for his successor, Elisha. Speaking on this, the Bible says in 2nd Kings 2:14:
“And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.”
I believe Elijah’s mantle did not just fall from him; he deliberately released it to Elisha because he wanted to go empty. If Elijah had taken the anointing on his life to heaven, it would have been useless there. So, he released it to the generation that succeeded him. What a great life he lived! Another person who died empty was Paul. When you read through the testimonies of his life, you will agree with me that he died empty. He himself testified to this, saying in 2nd Timothy 4:7-8:
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”
Beloved, these people have run their own course, and they now serve as great examples to us. What will the testimony of your life be after your assignment here on earth is done? Strive to make it a glorious one of how you emptied yourself of all that God deposited in you.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: You Must Die Empty! by Kobojunkie: 5:10am On Jan 03, 2023
kpakpandoN:
An example of someone who emptied himself before going on to be with the Lord is Elijah. He left behind a double portion of his anointing, symbolised by his mantle which dropped from him as he transited to glory. This mantle immediately started working wonders for his successor, Elisha. Speaking on this, the Bible says in 2nd Kings 2:14:
“And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.”
I believe Elijah’s mantle did not just fall from him; he deliberately released it to Elisha because he wanted to go empty. If Elijah had taken the anointing on his life to heaven, it would have been useless there. So, he released it to the generation that succeeded him. What a great life he lived! Another person who died empty was Paul. When you read through the testimonies of his life, you will agree with me that he died empty. He himself testified to this, saying in 2nd Timothy 4:7-8:
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”
Beloved, these people have run their own course, and they now serve as great examples to us. What will the testimony of your life be after your assignment here on earth is done? Strive to make it a glorious one of how you emptied yourself of all that God deposited in you.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Please stop teaching lies using the name of God!

7 There were 50 men from the group of prophets who followed them. Elijah and Elisha stopped at the Jordan River. The 50 men stood far away from Elijah and Elisha.
8 Elijah took off his coat, folded it, and hit the water with it. The water separated to the right and to the left. Then Elijah and Elisha crossed the river on dry ground.
9 After they crossed the river, Elijah said to Elisha, “What do you want me to do for you before God takes me away from you?” Elisha said, “I ask you for a double share of your spirit on me.”
10 Elijah said, “You have asked a hard thing. If you see me when I am taken from you, it will happen. But if you don’t see me when I am taken from you, it will not happen.” -
11 Elijah and Elisha were walking and talking together. Suddenly, some horses and a chariot came and separated Elijah from Elisha. The horses and the chariot were like fire. Then Elijah was carried up into heaven in a whirlwind.
12 Elisha saw it, and shouted, “My father! My father! The chariot of Israel and his horses!” Elisha never saw Elijah again. Elisha grabbed his own clothes and tore them in two to show his sadness.
13 Elijah’s coat had fallen to the ground, so Elisha picked it up. He went back and stood at the edge of the Jordan River.
14 He hit the water and said, “Where is the Lord, the God of Elijah?” Just as Elisha hit the water, the water separated to the right and to the left! Then Elisha crossed the river.
15 When the group of prophets at Jericho saw Elisha, they said, “Elijah’s spirit is now on Elisha!” They came to meet Elisha. They bowed very low to the ground before him.- 2 Kings 2 vs 7 - 15
From the above passage, the story explains that much of what you feed your gullible flock is born of your delusions. undecided

A. When Elijah first took off his coat, he used his own hand to hit the water with it. In much the same way Moses struck the water with his staff to part waters, it was not the staff or the coat that had the power in it, but the Prophet whose hand it was in.
B. Elijah did not throw his coat on Elisha. Instead, it dropped to the floor after he was carried away.
C. Elisha noticed Elijah had dropped the coat and so picked it up. There is no mention of him wearing it or even intending to.
D. By the way, there is no indication from the story that the coat was imbued with even Elijah's power. From the story, it was just a coat.
E. There is also no indication that on the way back, Elisha hit the water with the same coat instead we are told that Elisha called out to, YHWH, God of Elijah, and God answered him. undecided

If Elisha had not called out to "YHWH, God of Elijah" when he hit the river Jordan, would this so-called anointing which you claim was passed on to the next generation, have been of any meaning? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pastor !!! Your P*ssy Will Perish In Hell / The Book Of Enoch / Guys!! What Is That Miraculous Thing That Happened During The Baptism Of Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.