Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check (1771 Views)

2017 Hyundai Elantra Available for sale in Owerri / Honda Civic Or Hyundai Elantra / This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by olumzzz(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2019
Good day house, i did a live data check on Hyundai Elantra 2008 and i got the info below. I want to learn o and others can learn too. Pls help to interprete and review for out of range values.
FUELSYS1 - CL
FUELSYS1 - --
LOAD_PCT - 27.1%
ECT - 70oC
SHRTFT1 - 36.9%
LONGFT1 - 0.00%
RPM - 788rpm
VSS - 0 Km/h
SPARKADV - 9.5o
IAT - 54oC
MAF - 4.50 g/s
TP - 12.5%
O2SLOC - B1 S1 2 --, B2 S----
O2B1 S2 - 0.095V
SHRTFTB1 S2 - 99.2%
OBDSUP -OBDII
RUNTM - 1018 sec
MIL_DIST - 0Km
EQ_RATB1S1 - 0.990
O2B1 S1 - 1.996V
EVAP_PCT - 0.00%
FLI - 84.7%
EVAP_VP - 16.00 pa
BARO - 107 kPa
CATEMP1 1 - 510.0oC
CATEMP1 2 - 510.0oC
VPWR - 13.764V
LOAD_ABS - 42.7%
EQ_RAT - 0.997
TP_R - 0.8%
AAT - 20oC

The gurus please assist:
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Trygo
Radautoworks
EgunMogaji2
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by EgunMogaji2: 11:48am On Oct 31, 2019
olumzzz:
Good day house, i did a live data check on Hyundai Elantra 2008 and i got the info below. I want to learn o and others can learn too. Pls help to interprete and review for out of range values.
FUELSYS1 - CL
FUELSYS1 - --
LOAD_PCT - 27.1%
ECT - 70oC
SHRTFT1 - 36.9%
LONGFT1 - 0.00%
RPM - 788rpm
VSS - 0 Km/h
SPARKADV - 9.5o
IAT - 54oC
MAF - 4.50 g/s
TP - 12.5%
O2B1 S2 - 0.095V
SHRTFTB1 S2 - 99.2%
OBDSUP -OBDII
RUNTM - 1018 sec
MIL_DIST - 0Km
EQ_RATB1S1 - 0.990
O2B1 S1 - 1.996V
EVAP_PCT - 0.00%
FLI - 84.7%
EVAP_VP - 16.00 pa
BARO - 107 kPa
CATEMP1 1 - 510.0oC
CATEMP1 2 - 510.0oC
VPWR - 13.764V
LOAD_ABS - 42.7%
EQ_RAT - 0.997
TP_R - 0.8%
AAT - 20oC

The gurus please assist:
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Trygo
Radautoworks
EgunMogaji2

But Sir, what are you looking for? What are you troubleshooting?
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by olumzzz(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

But Sir, what are you looking for? What are you troubleshooting?
Interpretations sir, i want to understand wetin the thing dey talk.
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by nurey(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
olumzzz:

You want to become a PhD holder over night.

What you have to do is get the factory standard value and then correspond it with your value then it will pin point you to the cause of your troubles. those values have no use to you but important to a technician who knows what he is doing

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by olumzzz(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
nurey:

You want to become a PhD holder over night.

What you have to do is get the factory standard value and then correspond it with your value then it will pin point you to the cause of your troubles. those values have no use to you but important to a technician who knows what he is doing
Lol..not phd...waec will do for now.
I understand that i need to compare with factory standard values but at least i need interpretations. Most of these are abbreviations
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by thebigkendo(m): 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
olumzzz:
FUELSYS1 - CL - closed loop operation
FUELSYS1 - --
LOAD_PCT - 27.1% - engine load
ECT - 70oC - engine coolant temo
SHRTFT1 - 36.9% short term fuel trim
LONGFT1 - 0.00% long term fuel trim
RPM - 788rpm
VSS - 0 Km/h vehicle speed
SPARKADV - 9.5o ignition timing
IAT - 54oC intake air temp
MAF - 4.50 g/s mass air flow
TP - 12.5% throttle position
O2SLOC - B1 S1 2 --,
B2 S---- bank 2
O2B1 S2 - 0.095V Oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2
SHRTFTB1 S2 - 99.2% short term fuel trim bank 1 sensor 2
OBDSUP -OBDII
RUNTM - 1018 sec Engine running tims
MIL_DIST - 0Km - distance travel since check engine light
EQ_RATB1S1 - 0.990 equivalence rate bank 1 sensor 1
O2B1 S1 - 1.996V Oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1
EVAP_PCT - 0.00%
FLI - 84.7% - fuel level indicator
EVAP_VP - 16.00 pa - Evap vapour pressure
BARO - 107 kPa - atmospheric pressure
CATEMP1 1 - 510.0oC catalyst temp1
CATEMP1 2 - 510.0oC catalyst temp2
VPWR - 13.764V - vehicle power(battery voltage)
LOAD_ABS - 42.7%
EQ_RAT - 0.997 equivalence ratio
TP_R - 0.8%
AAT - 20oC ambient Air temperature

The gurus please assist:
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Trygo
Radautoworks
EgunMogaji2

I have tried.. Other bosses will make corrections and amendments grin

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by olumzzz(m): 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
thebigkendo:

I have tried.. Other bosses will make corrections and amendments grin
Thanks boss. You too gbaski.
Quite an eye opener
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by TRYGO(m): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
Here's my interpretation:
1. You ran that engine idling for ~18min, which allowed it to get to its operating of 70°C, and also that got the catalytic converters operating at optimum at 510°C. This tells you the catalytic converters are operating efficiently here.

2. This car is in good shape here. The fuel consumption I can say here is within normal thresholds. This you see by the switching value of the SFT. We don't have long fuel trims shifting to the extreme, in order to attain an equilibrium in terms of injection pulse width (commanding the ECU to balance up fuel consumption between rich and lean).

If the fuel economy of this car was problematic, the readings from the MAF readings would have being more than what it is currently.

3. Looking at your O2S, and the switched of the looks from OPENED to CLOSED, for the 18min the engine has being idling, tells me the sensors are in good shape.

4. Comparing the IAT 54°C and AAT 20°C, this tells you that the intake air the car is inhaling has risen to that value, because of the level of engine idling the car was subjected to(70°C).

This is basic physics or fluid mechanics, where fluids or flows towards an are of less resistance.

4. Finally, this car is OK. Has no check engine light kit on the dashboard, and the evaporative emission systems also appears to hold vacuum properly.

The fuel level in that car is more than 1/2 tank, seeing the value displayed on the EVAP portion of the evaporative emission systems.

The car's charging system is perfectly working. Check out the battery's current battery voltage reading: 13.764V.

I have hope this shades more light to the data you presented.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong in some of my conclusions.

Regards.

8 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by legalwealth(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
TRYGO:
1. You ran that engine idling for ~18min, which allowed it to get to its operating of 70°C, and also that got the catalytic converters operating at optimum at 510°C. This tells you the catalytic converters are operating efficiently here.

2. This car is in good shape here. The fuel consumption I can say here is within normal thresholds. This you see by the switching value of the SFT. We don't have long fuel trims shifting to the extreme, in order to attain an equilibrium in terms of injection pulse width (commanding the ECU to balance up fuel consumption between rich and lean).

If the fuel economy of this car was problematic, the readings from the MAF readings would have being more than what it is currently.

3. Looking at your O2S, and the switched of the looks from OPENED to CLOSED, for the 18min the engine has being idling, tells me the sensors are in good shape.

4. Comparing the IAT 54°C and AAT 20°C, this tells you that the intake air the car is inhaling has risen to that value, because of the level of engine idling the car was subjected to(70°C).

This is basic physics or fluid mechanics, where fluids or flows towards an are of less resistance.

4. Finally, this car is OK. Has no check engine light kit on the dashboard, and the evaporative emission systems also appears to hold vacuum properly.

The fuel level in that car is more than 1/2 tank, seeing the value displayed on the EVAP portion of the evaporative emission systems.

The car's charging system is perfectly working. Check out the battery's current battery voltage reading: 13.764V.

Regards.

Ifa has responded! !!

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by EgunMogaji2: 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2019
olumzzz:

You're looking for what's not lost.

Good luck.
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by olumzzz(m): 11:22am On Nov 01, 2019
TRYGO:

Regards.
Oga you too much

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by avidleo: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
Will need you to mentor me on the use of this vehicle once I get it very soon.

What you say?

olumzzz:
FUELSYS1 - CL
FUELSYS1 - --
LOAD_PCT - 27.1%
ECT - 70oC
SHRTFT1 - 36.9%
LONGFT1 - 0.00%
RPM - 788rpm
VSS - 0 Km/h
SPARKADV - 9.5o
IAT - 54oC
MAF - 4.50 g/s
TP - 12.5%
O2B1 S2 - 0.095V
SHRTFTB1 S2 - 99.2%
OBDSUP -OBDII
RUNTM - 1018 sec
MIL_DIST - 0Km
EQ_RATB1S1 - 0.990
O2B1 S1 - 1.996V
EVAP_PCT - 0.00%
FLI - 84.7%
EVAP_VP - 16.00 pa
BARO - 107 kPa
CATEMP1 1 - 510.0oC
CATEMP1 2 - 510.0oC
VPWR - 13.764V
LOAD_ABS - 42.7%
EQ_RAT - 0.997
TP_R - 0.8%
AAT - 20oC

The gurus please assist:
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Trygo
Radautoworks
EgunMogaji2
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by olumzzz(m): 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
avidleo:
Will need you to mentor me on the use of this vehicle once I get it very soon.

What you say?

No wahala sir, i go even help you upgrade am with shikini money
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by avidleo: 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
olumzzz:

Sent u a pm
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by nonhuman(m): 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
olumzzz:

Can you help me upgrade my Hyundai Tucson 2008
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by olumzzz(m): 2:48am On Feb 20, 2020
nonhuman:

Can you help me upgrade my Hyundai Tucson 2008
It'll be my pleasure. Sent you a PM
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by afoife: 6:11am On Feb 20, 2020
Won't mind learning.
Cc
Egunmogji
Trygo
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2008 Live Data Check by autologic: 6:26am On Feb 22, 2020
TRYGO:

Regards.
All these analysis are subjected to lot of flaws , you can't use just a screenshot of live data to analysis a dynamic system that has tendency to change at any point in time,that is totally wrong . .Analysis is made from moving data(video) at different conditions of pids RPM,TPS,ECTS , etcs at different time periods ,doing live data analysis is subjected to variable of time not just a stastic view like a screenshot.
This car is not ok at all ,have you bother to check the extremely high fuel trim .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oil Change For 90 Thousand Naira / How Much Should I Sell This Car? / Can You Guess Which Celebrity Is Sitting On This ₦8m Mercedes-Benz E Class Coupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.