Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,402 members, 7,846,702 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ (4279 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Ndigbo Will Be Disgraced In Lagos On Saturday / Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by Onlytruth(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2010
Abagworo:

It is quite unfair for you to write the above.I have always maintained my stand on individual choice in voting.I don't believe in adoption and will never do that. Go back to my old posts.

I never said there is anything wrong with individual choice. By all means, please vote for whoever pleases you.
I never ever said that you MUST VOTE according to Ohanaeze dictates. undecided

All I have always said here is that in the Nigerian political reality, and being an Igbo man who has witnessed the product of that Nigerian politics and its evil impacts on my part of Nigeria, it will be foolhardy for me not to play the same game others have been playing for years, and with which they have short-changed me and my people in Nigeria.

As we are talking, the north is working VERY HARD to pick a CONSENSUS CANDIDATE for next year's election.
And they have played the same game for 50 years, and have used it to cheat me.  undecided

Igboland is the most marginalized in terms of federal presence and revenue allocation. It did not happen because we played the game others played, rather it happened because we played it your way.

But when you support an animal character attacking me for holding my views, you cross a line.  angry
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by osifred(m): 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2010
Onlytruth:

I am truly shocked (positively) that Jonathan was already thinking about today 3 years ago!  shocked shocked

Jonathan is not getting enough credit at all. He may actually be an "Obama" character after all!

I would trust him and his honest intentions than any other candidate in this race.  cool cool

i could have written the same
infact jonathan by nature is a good leader but the nigerian political system have tied his hands. he has my vote that is if i am in Nigeria by january
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by EzeUche0(m): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2010
Goodluck has my support o! cool
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by Beaf: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2010
It is shocking to see Abagworo team up with a [size=14pt]foreign [/size] maggot. Dude, grow some balls and learn to take a firm stand on any issue that affects you. That is true manhood, trying to please the crowd like a coward will only see you crowned a coward.

@OnlyTruth
Don't let blathering clowns who a too scared to stand one way or the other bother you.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2010
A neighbor is better than a brother in the farm (agbata obi ka nwa nne di n’ugbo)

The proverbs of our fore fathers have always guided us very well. this is a chance we can not afford to loose, to right so many wrongs.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by Katsumoto: 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2010
Beaf:

It is shocking to see Abagworo team up with a [size=14pt]foreign [/size] maggot. Dude, grow some balls and learn to take a firm stand on any issue that affects you. That is true manhood, trying to please the crowd like a coward will only see you crowned a coward.

@OnlyTruth
Don't let blathering clowns who a too scared to stand one way or the other bother you.

Come on Beaf, you are being unkind to Abagworo. There is nothing wrong in what he stated. He stated that he will not be swayed to vote for a candidate just because he is endorsed by a socio-political organisation. He also stated that he remains unconvinced about any candidate and will delay his decision until the last minute or until he becomes convinced.

Similarly, you may have issues with BKBabe from other threads but he is on point with his comment about OnlyTruth. OnlyTruth has previously stated that Ndigbo should support IBB because of the endorsement from Ojukwu but has now shifted to GEJ because Ohaneze has endorsed him. It is obvious that you are a GEJ supporter and nothing wrong with that but I believe that INDIVIDUALS such as Abagworo can be swayed by persuasive arguments for your candidate while you are unlikely to sway bloc voters such as OnlyTruth. What would be your view if Ohaneze then has discussions with Ojukwu and decide to endorse IBB resulting in OnlyTruth switching to IBB again?

Like Tony Blair said,'A week is a long time in politics'. There are still several weeks before the elections, anything can happen. Just my 2 cents
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by AndreUweh(m): 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2010
Onlytruth:

I never said there is anything wrong with individual choice. By all means, please vote for whoever pleases you.
I never ever said that you MUST VOTE according to Ohanaeze dictates. undecided

All I have always said here is that in the Nigerian political reality, and being an Igbo man who has witnessed the product of that Nigerian politics and its evil impacts on my part of Nigeria, it will be foolhardy for me not to play the same game others have been playing for years, and with which they have short-changed me and my people in Nigeria.

As we are talking, the north is working VERY HARD to pick a CONSENSUS CANDIDATE for next year's election.
And they have played the same game for 50 years, and have used it to cheat me. undecided

Igboland is the most marginalized in terms of federal presence and revenue allocation. It did not happen because we played the game others played, rather it happened because we played it your way.

But when you support an animal character attacking me for holding my views, you cross a line. angry
@IKENGA DIKE 1 NA NNEWI: Thanks a lot for this nice thread of yours. Thanks to Ohanaeze for this timely intervention. There is no point in Ohanaeze waiting till the last second to support any candidate. Ohanaeze coming up at this time to endorse G.Ebele.J has done a lot of favour to his camp and his chances are even brighter.
Since Uwaechue's endorsement, a lot of Ndigbo whom were hitherto undecided have now joined GEJ's camp. If you speak to five Ndigbo today, atleast four will tell you they are for GEJ, thanks to Ohanaeze for this extraodinary feat.
Since the new Ohanaeze, Ndigbo have never had any one better than Uwaechue occupying the number one seat in Igboland today.
@Uwaechue, may your days be long.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by EzeUche0(m): 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2010
Like I said, I do not know who to support. If I had my way, I would only support Pat Utomi, but since he has no chance in this country, I want my vote to count.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by AndreUweh(m): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

Like I said, I do not know who to support. If I had my way, I would only support Pat Utomi, but since he has no chance in this country, I want my vote to count.
Utomi for 2015.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by bkbabe97y(m): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2010
To the OnlyTruths and the other liars on here, I ask:

DOES THIS MEAN YALL GONNA DISOBEY OJUKWU'S INSTRUCTIONS THAT YOU VOTE FOR IBB!?!?
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by aljharem(m): 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2010
bk.babe97y:

DOES THIS MEAN YALL GONNA DISOBEY OJUKWU'S INSTRUCTIONS THAT YOU VOTE FOR IBB!?!?

gbam, lets hear there answer
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by EzeUche0(m): 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Listen clearly boy. . . We Igbos have no king. That is why we vote for anyone whom we choose. In our entire history, no one dictated to us what to do.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by bkbabe97y(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

Listen clearly boy. . . We Igbos have no king. That is why we vote for anyone whom we choose. In our entire history, no one dictated to us what to do.

Uber Tribalist, Can U please answer the question I posed to u!!!
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by ochocinco1(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

So what is the point of Ohanaeze choosing a candidate for all Igbo to follow ?

You can't have it both ways. Highlight the individuality of the Igbo but then kowtow to Umbrella organisations like this whose mandate is shaky at best.

Thesame  goes for all the talk from organisations like Afenifere and the Northern Political Forum who seem to be able to hijack the debate without any challenge from the media.

We all just seem to accept the legitimacy of organisations that were most likely formed on a whim by a couple of privileged and corrupt individuals.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by EzeUche0(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Uber Tribalist, Can U please answer the question I posed to u!!!

I know you are enjoying the results of that fake poll.  undecided
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2010
GEJ will sweep the votes come next year only if he emerges PDP presidential candidate which i doubt. Anyways he can always change his party. He's a very popular candidate.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by bkbabe97y(m): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

I know you are enjoying the results of that fake poll.  undecided

Not really, Hitler!
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by HighChief4(m): 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

You are right Ochi Agha, Igbos do not bow to any man, but only God
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by bkbabe97y(m): 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2010
High_Chief:

You are right Ochi Agha, Igbos do not bow to any man, but only God

Still doesnt answer if yall gonna have to disobey Ojukwu's instructions!
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by ikeyman00(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

i think is about time we start to learn from the Chinese

u cannot always copy-copy white man thing

As far as Nigeria is concern as against all the wishes of looters; northern united in looting; looters, super-thieves; confused Muslims; northern vampires; Sharia hypocrites;idiots; etc

Jonathan should lead this country and liberalise our economy as it should be !!! simple as that

hopefully obj apologist will a have a change of mind in due time
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by ikeyman00(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2010
Still doesnt answer if yall gonna have to disobey Ojukwu's instructions!

seek the nearest mental clinic; u colombian piece of maggot
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by SapeleGuy: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2010
Ohaneze  have made a number of tactical mistakes, the first is that as a socio cultural organisation, they should steer clear of partisan politics. A lot of people still remember the way that Achuzia and Irukwu supported the 'third term' agenda.

The other small issue is that they appear hypocritical by opposing rotation / zoning nationally when they themselves use a rotation system to choose the president general.

By endorsing Jonathan now, the idea of Ndigbo  presidency in 2015 is dead in the water because Jonathan will not leave in 2015 but 2019. If Jonathan does leave in 2015 - the South South will be up in arms because they will only have done 4 years.

A more progressive move is to adjust the status quo slightly, our leadership should limit zoning to 1 term of 5 years. That way every zone gets their turn. A politician that can not achieve their development objectives in 5 years is simply useless.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by chyz(m): 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Ohaneze  have made a number of tactical mistakes, the first is that as a socio cultural organisation, they should steer clear of partisan politics. A lot of people still remember the way that Achuzia and Irukwu supported the 'third term' agenda.

The other small issue is that they appear hypocritical by opposing rotation / zoning nationally when they themselves use a rotation system to choose the president general.

By endorsing Jonathan now, the idea of Ndigbo  presidency in 2015 is dead in the water because Jonathan will not leave in 2015 but 2019. If Jonathan does leave in 2015 - the South South will be up in arms because they will only have done 4 years.

A more progressive move is to adjust the status quo slightly, our leadership should limit zoning to 1 term of 5 years. That way every zone gets their turn. A politician that can not achieve their development objectives in 5 years is simply useless.

The South South will be up in arms or the Ijaw? And also who in the presidential race is giving an effort to go by zoning? A zone can not constitute a region, at least not in nigeria.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by EzeUche0(m): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2010
chyz:

The South South will be up in arms or the Ijaw? And also who in the presidential race is giving an effort to go by zoning? A zone can not constitute a region, at least not in nigeria.

South-South = Ijaw now

Haven't you heard?

Forget about the Itsekiri, Ikwerre, Ogoni, Ibibio etc
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by SapeleGuy: 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

South-South = Ijaw now

Haven't you heard?

Forget about the Itsekiri, Ikwerre, Ogoni, Ibibio etc

South South doesn't equal Izon. Unless of course you believe that Jonathan is only supported by Izon.

My point is that the current system is designed to fail.
We need to think differently. Historically the South East & South South have always pursued a patriotic and nationalist agenda that has never ever benefitted them.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by EzeUche0(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2010
SapeleGuy:

South South doesn't equal Ijaw.

I was being facetious. smiley
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by SapeleGuy: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

I was being facetious. smiley

Cool, I think say you be want start wahala smiley
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by chyz(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2010
SapeleGuy:

South South doesn't equal Izon. Unless of course you believe that Jonathan is only supported by Izon.

We need to think differently. Historically the South East & South South have always pursued a patriotic and nationalist agenda that has never ever benefitted them.

Agreed. So what do you suggest?
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by SapeleGuy: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2010
chyz:

Agreed. So what do you suggest?

True federalism or Rotation based on 1 term of 5 years. As I said SS & SE have been short changed.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by EzeUche0(m): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2010
SapeleGuy:

True federalism or Rotation based on 1 term of 5 years. As I said SS & SE have been short changed.

I am a firm believer that there needs to be coordination amongst the SS & SE. We were once one. United we are stronger.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by SapeleGuy: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

I am a firm believer that there needs to be coordination amongst the SS & SE. We were once one. United we are stronger.

There should be mutual respect. My part of SS was never 1 with the SE. It was the only democratically created state in the history of Nigeria.  We shouldn't fight one another nor live in each others pockets. Good politics is local, make everybody repair their side - And I mean this with respect and without animosity.
Re: ‘Ndigbo Will Not Support The North In 2011’ by chyz(m): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Rotation should never be instituted when it comes to presidency. It would defeat the whole purpose of selecting the best of the best for the country. For instance if one region is to do its term but all of its contestants are drunken illiterates,that means we are forced to choose a scrw up to govern us? Thats not possible. True federalism sounds better and more logical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-Senate President Joseph Wayas Dumps PDP For APC / BUHARI Disgracefully Rejected In The SOUTH-SOUTH / Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.