Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) (3619 Views)

Defection: Stop Insulting Fani-Kayode & Read The Handwriting On The Wall / Fani-Kayode Was Hanging New Pictures On The Wall With Hammer - Media Aide / FG Fumes As 3 Men Burn Nigerian Migrant Worker Alive In Tripoli (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Gucciblog: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
A Cameroonian immigrant to the United States of America has called on President Donald Trump to ‘build the wall’ on the United States-Mexico border in order to keep illegal immigrants from entering the USA.

According to President Trump, Ben Okiriki immigrated to the United States when he was 14 years old after facing ‘hardships” in Cameroon. Okereke who later joined the U.S. Army said that he was opposed to illegal immigration just like President Trump.

While delivering remarks at the Young Black Leadership Summit 2019 on Friday, Okiriki made the statement.

However, Okiriki’s remarks did not go down with some Africans, and in particular, Cameroonians after it was erroneously reported on social media that Okiriki himself had entered the US illegally.

Okiriki is being accused of adding his voice to Trump’s at the expense of other Africans because he is enjoying America but wants to deny other people the same chance that he got.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/meet-african-migrant-who-told-president-trump-to-build-the-controversial-wall-photo/

Cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Gucciblog: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nawao
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by efighter: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
No one is surprised. The black man has a black heart

4 Likes

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
The wall that would have prevented him from entering the U.S at 14.

chigonye:

But the guy has not said anything wrong, neither has Donald Trump wanting to build a wall against "illegal immigration" wrong.

It's akin to having a door and a wall round your house (and this is a very common practice in Nigeria) to keep people out from plundering your valuables. It gives room for accountability and proper management of your properties.

If you want access to the house, ask the owner and wait for his permission. If he doesn't feel like letting you in based on personal reasons, he has not done anything wrong!

My Bible says it's only a thief that enter the house through the window... The owner of the house or one who is invited will come in through the door (the right channel)

Lol. Like how the British asked our fore fathers and uncles before invading our lands? Like how they gently ask your great uncles politely to follow them to the US and Europe?
They forcefully take people when they need them, now we want to go they are talking about walls abi na fence and y’all are defending them quoting the same bible they used to humble our ancestors.

6 Likes

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by meavox: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Things change over time.

Before the Black man in America would be a slave. But not today.
Before people traveled the world without visa. But not today.

All Africans want to be where White man is in charge, but USA cannot take in all Africans. So in order to get respect it's better Africans fix Africa instead of running away to go enjoy what you did not work for.

Better to fix Nigeria by Restructuring it into Confederation of 4 regions, or split into 4 countries as in the map below.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by googi: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
Like other prominent Africans around the world, looking for political or elected office by pandering to conservatives or extremist parties in Italy, Alberta Canada and Britain.

1 Like

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by aremuforlife(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
Awa lota arawa
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Gucciblog: 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by UnknownJr: 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
The greatest problem of a black man is a black man himself.
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by chigonye: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2019
Gucciblog:
Cc: lalasticlala

But the guy has not said anything wrong, neither has Donald Trump wanting to build a wall against "illegal immigration" wrong.

It's akin to having a door and a wall round your house (and this is a very common practice in Nigeria) to keep people out from plundering your valuables. It gives room for accountability and proper management of your properties.

If you want access to the house, ask the owner and wait for his permission. If he doesn't feel like letting you in based on personal reasons, he has not done anything wrong!

My Bible says it's only a thief that enter the house through the window... The owner of the house or one who is invited will come in through the door (the right channel)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by chigonye: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
Day2logic:

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by jhubril(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
MOST OF THE UNINTELLIGENT COMMENTS are those of the people who ARE OPPOSED TO the ILLEGAL movements of foreigners across our boarders. Do you guys really think before you write rubbish?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
Clown
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Taba21: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
meavox:

Things change over time.

Before the Black man in America would be a slave. But not today.
Before people traveled the world without visa. But not today.

All Africans want to be where White man is in charge, but USA cannot take in all Africans. So in order to get respect it's better Africans fix Africa instead of running away to go enjoy what you did not work for.

Better to fix Nigeria by Restructuring it into Confederation of 4 regions, or split into 4 countries as in the map below.

Dreamer every where you go

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
chigonye:

Your bible does not encourage the building of walls between communities, it encourages providing support and assistance to the weak, needy, foreigners and oppressed.

Obviously you are one of the clueless white Jesus followers.

2 Likes

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
undecided

MeXiCo depOrted indians baCk tO India thiS mOnth & the whOLe wOrLd sLept on it...but make trump juSt depOrt one perSin everybody gO remember say him suppOse make nOnsenSe nOise

2 Likes

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by scribble: 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
efighter:

I would build a wall in Lagos if it would keep boko haram and their kids out

Theyre everywhere
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Emescot(m): 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hypocrisy is the problem with Africans, those shouting for land border closure in Nigeria shouldn't blame the guy or trump, their country their problem

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by LegoxMetahuman: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2019
nateDZA:
undecided

MeXiCo depOrted indians baCk tO India thiS mOnth & the whOLe wOrLd sLept on it...but make trump juSt depOrt one perSin everybody gO remember say him suppOse make nOnsenSe nOise
wrong

america deports a lot of everyday. today, some people have been deported from america.

the difference is, people dont get deported often in places like mexico etc, so when it happens, it becomes news.

besides, no one is asking for trumps head for deporting illegal immigrant but trying to keep people out legal or illegal. which is completely against america's value. if you consider the fact that everyone is a migrant at some point in their history. plus the dude doesn't talk like a leader but a cocky tout.
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by TheExecutioner: 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
How? He came to America legally and Got his papers and citizenship. The wall is meant to stop illegal and undocumented migrants.

Day2logic:
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Gucciblog: 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by nairalandankrah: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Who else thinks that guy is from Niger delta??
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by NGpatriot: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
chigonye:

When people use the holy book to do the opposite of what the holy book teaches and stands for.

1 Like

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by chigonye: 11:21am On Nov 02, 2019
frosbel2:

Your bible does not encourage the building of walls between communities, it encourages providing support and assistance to the weak, needy, foreigners and oppressed.

Obviously you are one of the clueless white Jesus followers.

My Bible teaches proper management of resources. It's teaches prudence and applying wisdom to maximize what you have even if it means cutting out excesses and even unproductive relationships.

All around the world, very successful countries have a working border and immigration control system some are even stricter, yet less prominent than the USA.

Instead of you task your elected officials for accountability, your talking about leeching on countries that worked so hard to get their system working!

President Donald Trump and the entire US is very right to beef up their immigration and border control. It's what any sane and functioning nation will do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by hammerD: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2019
THE BLACK MAN IS INNATELY WICKED.

THEY ARE THE ONLY RACE OF PEOPLE THAT STRIVE TO DENY THEIR OWN THE SAME OPPORTUNITY THEY GET.

EVER WONDERED Y AFRICA IS SO BACKWARD.

THE REASON IS PURE WICKEDNESS.
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Blue3k(m): 11:50am On Nov 02, 2019
Day2logic:

All migration is illegal migration in your mind? Interesting logic you have there. The wall is only going to stop people walk across border. It doesn't stop the majority who simply come in and overstat visas living in country illegally.
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2019
Blue3k:

All migration is illegal migration in your mind? Interesting logic you have there. The wall is only going to stop people walk across border. It doesn't stop the majority who simply come in and overstat visas living in country illegally.

Lol. How some of you quote to repeat something someone already said. I know what these oyinbo capitalists has done to y’all.
Funny how you get a job and start blackmailing people you met at the firm to gain oga love.
Legal or illegally I think only about 10% of migrants are criminals, people migrate for greener pastures, we recently saw some Chinese whom died in a freezing container trying to migrate to the US, those were not even Africans or from a third world country, they are Chinese.
What’s with people and land sef, my country, my state, our regions. People have been killing themselves for many years over land disputes that’s since the biblical days and check this out we are just scattered all over. We will never populate the landmass on earth.
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Blue3k(m): 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
Day2logic:

Lol. How some of you quote to repeat something someone already said. I know what these oyinbo capitalists has done to y’all.
Funny how you get a job and start blackmailing people you met at the firm to gain oga love.
Legal or illegally I think only about 10% of migrants are criminals, people migrate for greener pastures, we recently saw some Chinese whom died in a freezing container trying to migrate to the US, those were not even Africans or from a third world country, they are Chinese.
What’s with people and land sef, my country, my state, our regions. People have been killing themselves for many years over land disputes that’s since the biblical days and check this out we are just scattered all over. We will never populate the landmass on earth.

Lol you're reduced to arguing platitudes because you cant defend your stance on illegal migration. Your president in Nigeria deports illegal immigrants for same reasons but you don't complain. The hypocrisy is strong with some of you.

“During this period, biometric data of concerned migrants are to be taken and documented. Information to that effect has been sent out to all the affected migrants   that whoever refuses to comply, will from January 20, 2020 be on the radar of Immigration operatives for arrest and deportation,”

Comptroller General, Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Mohammed Babandede

Source

• telling you to come legally is blackmail (weird)
• 10% of illegal immigrants are criminals in your opinion yet cant see why people dont want crime rate to jump.
• if those chinese people choose legal migration they would have avoided that danger.
• worry about populating every section of your country if that worries you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by urahara(m): 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
efighter:

You are a fool. The wall is to prevent people from entering the u.s illegally.
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
So I am not against or in support of migration, I’ve never been outside Nigeria but that’s not my problem. You sound as if everybody can afford 1m for Yankee visa. People die on the sea or desert trying to cross to the other side have you asked yourself why? As I am like this. I woke this morning broke and without a job, or anything holding me back except responsibilities that I’m trying to escape, so let’s say person ginger me as I no get the mind to cross desert to leave this country for a greener pasture you think I will not jump the wall if it’s been erected and I could jump it.
One thing I know is for most people when they just finish eating they immediately forget what hunger feels like.
If people are taking the chance of being an illegal migrants it’s because they can no more survive where they are running away from.
That you have a proper education and can get a legitimate job doesn’t make you a judge of the world some people don’t get to have that much and they still have to survive right?
By the way I am not arguing with you, I have not replied any quote on this thread until you now I’ve replied you twice and I repeat it’s not an argument just letting you know what I think as in my opinion but if you think what I think doesn’t count then.......

By the way I have a question for you sir. When the British came into OUR lands was it legal or illegal? When they took OUR great, great uncles and grandparents was it legal or illegal?

Blue3k:

Lol you're reduced to arguing platitudes because you cant defend your stance on illegal migration. Your president in Nigeria deports illegal immigrants for same reasons but you don't complain. The hypocrisy is strong with some of you.

• telling you to come legally is blackmail (weird)
• 10% of illegal immigrants are criminals in your opinion yet cant see why people dont want crime rate to jump.
• if those chinese people choose legal migration they would have avoided that danger.
• worry about populating every section of your country if that worries you.

Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by BlackfireX: 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
Is okereke not an Igbo name.....

Are igbos now in Cameroon
Re: See This African Migrant Who Told President Trump To "Build The Wall" (Photos) by chigonye: 6:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Day2logic:

Lol. Like how the British asked our fore fathers and uncles before invading our lands? Like how they gently ask your great uncles politely to follow them to the US and Europe?
They forcefully take people when they need them, now we want to go they are talking about walls abi na fence and y’all are defending them quoting the same bible they used to humble our ancestors.

Lol! Foolish talk that's very bereft of ideas relevant to the subject matter!

But then.. why weren't your forefathers wise enough to bar the British from invading and looting their treasuries as well as taking them hostage as slaves? Did you read about Ethiopia and how they stood their ground against colonialism? No wonder they have one of the best economy in Africa, and yes..their border/immigration system is way better than Nigeria's.

You want to go Aszin...it is your house that you can just enter the way you like and want... smh!

I'll reiterate that sane and progressive nations are accountable both in governance and management of their resources and one of the ways they do that is by creating a strong border/immigration control system!

(1) (2) (Reply)

In This Buhari Administration, This 3 People Won't Make Heaven / See Photos Of Third Mainland Bridge After It Was Reopened Today After 6 Months / (PICS) Countries That Supported Either Side During Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.