Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year (38542 Views)

Mike Edwards' Look Without Beard. Fans React / Yomi Casual Shades Mike Edwards Over Instagram Post With Wife / Mike Edwards And His Wife Meet MC Oluomo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by jclassiq(m): 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
concho:
He is speaking for us. Just exclude your self and move on sir. We are good without u

Good for you.
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by PopeFlatino(m): 12:16am On Nov 01, 2019
Guy u no understand English?...homeless athlete means that he is no longer in line to represent Great Britain since he started seeking to represent naija who never look him side...but now he is d talk of d town here and can represent in athletics
ksam:
I am not understanding, is he trying to tell us all those pictures of him dressed like a Don with oversized ciggrete are all lies?
This should tell us never to believe all that we see on social media

2 Likes

Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by PopeFlatino(m): 12:17am On Nov 01, 2019
grin he was verified b4 BbN even..for long
heckymaicon:
Now you're a celeb with a verified instagram account thanks to bbn.
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by jaxxy(m): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2019
ksam:
I am not understanding, is he trying to tell us all those pictures of him dressed like a Don with oversized ciggrete are all lies?
This should tell us never to believe all that we see on social media

I just thought about it again Like he was homeless last year? Was that in naija or uk and if naija when did he get his British accent, Cuban cigars and represent England. Smtn isn’t adding up.
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by PopeFlatino(m): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2019
Guy u no understand English?...homeless athlete means that he is no longer in line to represent Great Britain since he started seeking to represent naija who never look him side...but now he is d talk of d town here and can represent in athletics
Antoeni:
Homeless indeed, Hope he won't tell us one day that he Hawked Pure water, like Timaya who sold Plantain, Abi Patoranky who sold Rat Poison or even Atiku that sold Firewood
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by PopeFlatino(m): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2019
..homeless athlete means that he is no longer in line to represent Great Britain since he started seeking to represent naija who never look him side...but now he is d talk of d town here and can represent in athletics
Hacuttie:
Homeless with a functional business website for sale of airey cigar brand. Homeless and you were interviewed by British tabloid before BBN.

You may not be rich but this story of homeless isn't for someone like you. Nonetheless, Mike is extraordinarily disciplined.
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by PopeFlatino(m): 12:27am On Nov 01, 2019
grin grin exactly what I tried typing...do u know that sometimes I do reason that only Old Men(40+) are active on NairaLand because their way of understanding is way below par,,am sorry to sound this way because I love them all as well .but they aren't trendy,they always criticize at any slightest Chance and jumps into conclusion without any knowledge of what d message says....If u think am lying,Just copy this particular thread and post on Twitter or Instagram u will see a different understanding from d comments because they are trendy,,they will easily catchthe "Homeless Athlete" perspective,, but old men here only saw "homeless"..smh
brigadier747:
Now see y d our dear nation is backward...a proper IQ test,assimilation processs test needs to b administered on our demented youths...
He meant his own home ....meaning country rejected him from representing his origing in d event ....dats y he said "homeless" athlethe having no base in his home nigeria to represent but now a "household name/ brand ...and representing his origin in other ways, youths wake up plzzzz our politicians will and leaders will keep riding on our mediocrity....until we become elders of no value
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by PopeFlatino(m): 12:35am On Nov 01, 2019
grin they are so backward,even d mods who Normally post expired news here after weeks of existence aren't left behind....the way some comments comes here makes me believe that old Men plenty for this forum grin
GrabHisBalls:
I was looking forward to a comment that will actually express the true meaning of what he wrote up there. These Nairalanders are the dumbest on social media. grin
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by joepepsy(m): 12:35am On Nov 01, 2019
lot of dumb people here in nairaland, he said "he couldn't represent nigeria as an athlete and the country he resides didn't give him a chance too"..that makes him homeless.
post=83631406:
Edward who was among the top 5 finalist the just concluded big brother show was on point has he took to his Instagram page to update is fans about his next move.

Olayemi Edwards who is a CEO and professional athlete was one of the fans favourite in the just concluded show.

he gave his fan some update he said:

Since I’ve left Big Brother House I haven’t really explained what’s been going on and when my fans will get to see me next, so here’s a little update on the situation & my life overall. I’ve been out of Big Brother’s house 3 weeks now.

P.S It’s crazy to think last year I was a homeless Athlete fighting to represent Nigeria, and now I’m a household name. Gods Plan

https://www.thesleak.com/last-year-i-was-a-homeless-athlete-fightingmike/

Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by Freshprime(m): 12:42am On Nov 01, 2019
This one no be human being
concho:

homeless in USA and you need prayers ?
Bros wait , Attention , don't move , just be calm , let the thunder locate you .
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by Freshprime(m): 12:43am On Nov 01, 2019
Amen, God bless you
ultimatebas:

You are homeless in US? shocked shocked.Do you know that some people in Nigeria that have homes are ready to swop with you over there in the US. Anyway, ur God shall fulfil his plan for you. IJN.Amen
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by femi4: 5:12am On Nov 01, 2019
Depressed101:
He was homeless I thought his parents are rich
Haba...."Homeless" in terms of identifying and accepted as a Nigerian
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by Femeto: 5:14am On Nov 01, 2019
Baba dey lie. Homeless with you wife abi?
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by taiyeayodeji: 5:23am On Nov 01, 2019
if you know what it's to live on the street in a foreign land.you will never wish it even for your enemy.if they ask you to sleep in the very cold of minus 2 degrees.you will know life in Nigeria is better than such.Go all over some cities in Europe and America and ask those people, they will tell you living in a house in nigeria is better than such life.we need to thank God for what we have.

quote author=ultimatebas post=83637834]
You are homeless in US? shocked shocked.Do you know that some people in Nigeria that have homes are ready to swop with you over there in the US. Anyway, ur God shall fulfil his plan for you. IJN.Amen[/quote]
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by Back2Daura(m): 6:48am On Nov 01, 2019
Depressed101:

Meaning he never had a country to represent not that he never had a house or shelter.
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by phemmy008(m): 7:22am On Nov 01, 2019
I think what he meant by "homeless athelete" here is that he is not representing any country yet in sport and not the usual homeless.... How can a homeless be CEO?
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by Arelyn: 7:32am On Nov 01, 2019
Osinachi1:
Everybody js forming homeless and poor background making us that really slept in the street to look like It's Nothing... sad

I help businesses grow by promoting them on Social media. See siggy

There is no success story that sweet pass "grass to grace", that's the reason everybody wants to tap from the positive emotion vibes that comes from it.
That's why you hear stories like this

1 Like

Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by Prechy08(m): 8:58am On Nov 01, 2019
Depressed101:
"homeless" not it's literal meaning but homeless because he could not represent Britain nor Nigeria in sport.
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by joe4christ(m): 8:59am On Nov 01, 2019
When he said he was homeless, it might not be literal!
But i thought it was said this guy is a billionaire business man?
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by Prechy08(m): 9:02am On Nov 01, 2019
Oh my God, Homeless in the context he used it was because at that time he could not represent US nor Nigeria in sport.

He has a big roof over his head but in sport he could not call anywhere his home.
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:10am On Nov 01, 2019
ThinkWISELY:
Is it just me or are most people on this forum becoming kinda dumber on purpose,you have succeeded in turning Nairaland - a once EMERGING NIGERIAN'S QUORA HUB into a dump site with dumb super low IQ bitter nitwits,from the writers to the contributors.

HOMELESS NEVER LITERALLY MEANT HE DOESN'T HAVE A HOME !,whats happening to most of your constructive reasoning,even if you don't understand his phrase must you add undiluted bitterness while reacting,these people are humans too.

To the very few still making the Forum reasonable thumbs up!

I think Seun should allow people vote for best answers/comments, maybe some pple will employ their brains b4 typing.. Even quality of FP contents are not what it used to be

1 Like

Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:13am On Nov 01, 2019
joepepsy:
lot of dumb people here in nairaland, he said "he couldn't represent nigeria as an athlete and the country he resides didn't give him a chance too"..that makes him homeless.
lols they r mostly fighting to be funny and maybe gain a few likes
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by kokoA(m): 10:14am On Nov 01, 2019
Shame just dey catch me for dis thread embarassed
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by lagosinnovator: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2019
Depressed101:

Instagram life... Inside Life. Packaging
Re: Mike Edwards: I Was A Homeless Athlete Fighting To Represent Nigeria Last Year by Psoul(m): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
Posing for a photograph for very tall people is very difficult unless if u have taken enough time to learn it. Sometime you will take a good pose only for the picture to come out quite different from what u intended it to.

See that Mike's pose.

Chaii...I can relate. In the same boat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banky W Shows Up At Wizkid's Album Release Party (Photos) / OAP Honeypot: I Am Very Easy To Maintain If You Are Rich / Mercy Aigbe Stylist Luminee's Househelp Breaks Silence, Reveals What Really Happ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.